IGNORED

A Season Full Of Promise ? (so We Thought)

richieb

Frustration is the key word that seems to be most common on forums & bars.

Whether you are pro or anti Tinnion, the fact remains that when we were given him as Manager, he inherited a quality squad & as others pointed out, the meanest defence in the league.

DW's failure at Cardiff was the lack of attacking options & he also had the likes of Tinnion as a senior pro who was feeding certain forum members bait to bring DW down.

No surprise when Tinnion got in & I think we all had to realise that the 'easy' option would be the route to bring us success.

Being honest, I thought the early signs with the inclusion of Lita & Wilkshire in the middle were the right ingrediant & I thought that this could well work.

So there we had it - the meanest defence, an experienced midfield & the goal machine up front?

So where has it gone off track?

Doc was captain - Coles was given the band & even picked ahead of the now captain Smith?

Is it down to the players who lack pride & self motivation? (most had it when DW was there)

Or is it that Tinnion lacked respect in the way he managed the club.

Was there something behind his appt that may have lead to this sudden change in personel.

Hill was up for the fight - then decided we wern't good enough to get up & would rather go now.

Changes to the line up & formation have been to often.

30 games into the season & Tinnion now realise's he ain't got the players behind him & working for him & I understand one of the players told Tinnion exactly what he thought of him as a manager ( not to be repeated)

All was set fair & all that was wanted were goals - now we have to play catch up.

Tinnion fan I am not - BCFC fan for 40 years I am - All I want is what is right for BCFC (not what is right for Brian Tinnion) - we should have had this at the beginning of the season - SL knew it.

Please Please Tinnion,stop tinkering & focus on the reason why you have the club where it is now.

We still have time,so starting Friday bring us one of the performances we know we can produce & have done so on the odd occasion.

Guest Mightymilks
30 games into the season & Tinnion now realise's he ain't got the players behind him & working for him & I understand one of the players told Tinnion exactly what he thought of him as a manager ( not to be repeated)

which player is this?

Frustration is the key word that seems to be most common on forums & bars.

Whether you are pro or anti Tinnion, the fact remains that when we were given him as Manager, he inherited a quality squad & as others pointed out, the meanest defence in the league.

DW's failure at Cardiff was the lack of attacking options & he also had the likes of Tinnion as a senior pro who was feeding certain forum members bait to bring DW down.

No surprise when Tinnion got in & I think we all had to realise that the 'easy' option would be the route to bring us success.

Being honest, I thought the early signs with the inclusion of Lita & Wilkshire in the middle were the right ingrediant & I thought that this could well work.

So there we had it - the meanest defence, an experienced midfield & the goal machine up front?

spot on that mate.what worrys me that at the start of the season tinkerman said he,d been here 10 years and knew the lower divisions well and had the squad to do the job??????.it,s feb and to me he still don't know his best 11. :D

So where has it gone off track?

Doc was captain - Coles was given the band & even picked ahead of the now captain Smith?

Is it down to the players who lack pride & self motivation? (most had it when DW was there)

Or is it that Tinnion lacked respect in the way he managed the club.

Was there something behind his appt that may have lead to this sudden change in personel.

Hill was up for the fight - then decided we wern't good enough to get up & would rather go now.

Changes to the line up & formation have been to often.

All was set fair & all that was wanted were goals - now we have to play catch up.

Tinnion fan I am not - BCFC fan for 40 years I am - All I want is what is right for BCFC (not what is right for Brian Tinnion) - we should have had this at the beginning of the season - SL knew it.

Please Please Tinnion,stop tinkering & focus on the reason why you have the club where it is now.

We still have time,so starting Friday bring us one of the performances we know we can produce & have done so on the odd occasion.

:D

:( off on your own agenda again i see

Not sure what you mean by agenda?

Views of a supporter - not anything other than that.

You could say that every poster that has a view has his/her own agenda ?

Why not say something constructive in response unless that is too difficult? ;)

BT has made mistakes but then so did Wilson(Cardiff to name just one) as have all the managers that ever managed any football club at any level.

My frustration is the inconsistancy that City have shown all season.Great wins at AG over Hull, Tranmere home and away and yet dreadful losses to Wednesday,Swindon and C'field at AG.

It has been difficult for BT to step up but Steve Landsdown must have known that before he appointed him and it would be no suprise to me if Landsdown expected this season to be one of transformation with an outside hope of getting promoted.He'll have made some sort of allowance within the clubs finances for just the possiblity of yet another season down in the lower leagues.

That said, this season is not yet over and City could reach the play-offs and maybe do a Cardiff..... :D

BT has  made mistakes but then so did Wilson(Cardiff to name just one) as have all the managers that ever managed any football club at any level.

My frustration is the inconsistancy that City have shown all season.Great wins at AG over Hull, Tranmere home and away and yet dreadful losses to Wednesday,Swindon and C'field at AG.

It has been difficult for BT to step up but Steve Landsdown must have known that before he appointed him and it would be no suprise to me if Landsdown expected this season to be one of transformation with an outside hope of getting promoted.He'll have made some sort of allowance within the clubs finances for just the possiblity of yet another season down in the lower leagues.

That said, this season is not yet over and City could reach the play-offs and maybe do a Cardiff..... :D

Yep,lets hope so robbo.

We need a nice run now to go into the play-offs with good form.

If we get in & amoungst the mix & don't quite make it to Cardiff then I reckon SL would have a minor reason to stick with BT.

Failure to make the Play-offs will put SL under great pressure to re-think the strategy.

Yep,lets hope so robbo.

We need a nice run now to go into the play-offs with good form.

If we get in & amoungst the mix & don't quite make it to Cardiff then I reckon SL would have a minor reason to stick with BT.

Failure to make the Play-offs will put SL under great pressure to re-think the strategy.

I understand your frustration. But if we say for the sake of argument that we finish 7th and go with your opinion that Tinnion should be sacked. What do you suggest doing if the next manager fails to get us promoted? Would you only want him to have one stab at it too? Are you suggesting every manager from now on should only be given one chance to get us promoted, and if he fails he should be sacked?

I understand your frustration. But if we say for the sake of argument that we finish 7th and go with your opinion that Tinnion should be sacked. What do you suggest doing if the next manager fails to get us promoted? Would you only want him to have one stab at it too? Are you suggesting every manager from now on should only be given one chance to get us promoted, and if he fails he should be sacked?

Failure is not just in the results.

While it is the ultimate measure,we have to remember that football is a business & the demand for fans & business's to invest their hard earned money.

Its also about what measures we allow ourselves to judge BT.

I take on board it's his 1st season & he has bumbled along.On occasions we have been at our worse for seasons & on others we have been at our very best.

I would judge him on the fact that in an ordinary divsion he has been unable to get a quality squad into the play-offs at least.

Would you take the chance that he would improve the situation next season?

Its a big ask & one that I think would have to be considered for the sake of the fans & corperate interest.

Failure is not just in the results.

While it is the ultimate measure,we have to remember that football is a business & the demand for fans & business's to invest their hard earned money.

Its also about what measures we allow ourselves to judge BT.

I take on board it's his 1st season & he has bumbled along.On occasions we have been at our worse for seasons & on others we have been at our very best.

I would judge him on the fact that in an ordinary divsion he has been unable to get a quality squad into the play-offs at least.

Would you take the chance that he would improve the situation next season?

Its a big ask & one that I think would have to be considered for the sake of the fans & corperate interest.

Yes I would take that chance as I think it's an option more likely to bring success than changing manager again with a year of experience under his belt and a squad he has assembled himself. You didn't answer my question but thanks for the reply.

Yes I would take that chance as I think it's an option more likely to bring success than changing manager again with a year of experience under his belt and a squad he has assembled himself. You didn't answer my question but thanks for the reply.

I thought I had answered your question :D

But to put it more directly.

Then if I feel that a Manager is not making progress & is infact taking a club backwards, then yes I would replace him after 1 season.

If I thought there were positives that come out of his 1st season.And that the fans were excited about the coming season as they saw some positives,then yes I would give it a 2nd season.

So each Manager on his merits - even if it's his 1st season.

With DW you could see that progress was being made. Even from season 1.

At the moment (and lets hope it changes) I can see little progress in the Tinnion style.

He had a squad he inherited that was the envy of many managers & couldnt work with it.

I thought I had answered your question  :D

Then if I feel that a Manager is not making progress & infact taking a club backwards, then yes I would replace him after 1 season.

If I thought there were positives that come out of the 1st season & that the fans were excited about the coming season as they saw some positives,then yes I would give it a 2nd season.

At the moment (and lets hope it changes) I can see little progress in the Tinnion style.

He had a squad he inherited that was the envy of many managers & could work with it.

I take your point and agree to a point. But if we finish 7th this year and sack Tinnion, bring in a new manager who wants to assemble his own squad and takes time to do so, has one or two good players already at the club who don't like him and has to make tough decisions about them. And after all that we finish 7th again.... WHat then? You see what I'm saying?

Also I think we had started to go backwards under Wilson. I know it can be said that you finish where you deserve to finish. But last season was awful to watch - I am struggling to remember a game where I came away thinking we looked good or where it was enjoyable to watch - and but for a very lucky run of 11 wins I think our finishing position would have been far more realistic in terms of where Danny had got us to and the pressure on Tinnion would not have been so intense right now.

I thought I had answered your question  :D

Then if I feel that a Manager is not making progress & is infact taking a club backwards, then yes I would replace him after 1 season.

If I thought there were positives that come out of his 1st season.And that the fans were excited about the coming season as they saw some positives,then yes I would give it a 2nd season.

He had a squad he inherited that was the envy of many managers & couldnt work with it.

Tins has made a radical change to poorly performing personnel half way through the season. That's a positive isn't it? For sure, you could say he should have known his team all along but this is his first season.

Also, a deaf and mute Tinnion would show more passion for our club than Wilson even after Wilson had walked into an Emotion shop and ordered a pound of emotion with chips.

The ultimate judgement is where we finish at the end of the season. Wilson didn't get us promoted afetr 4 attempts. Tinnion still hasn't got us promoted but he's only been manager for half a season! ;)

I take your point and agree to a point. But if we finish 7th this year and sack Tinnion, bring in a new manager who wants to assemble his own squad and takes time to do so, has one or two good players already at the club who don't like him and has to make tough decisions about them. And after all that we finish 7th again.... WHat then? You see what I'm saying?

Also I think we had started to go backwards under Wilson. I know it can be said that you finish where you deserve to finish. But last season was awful to watch - I am struggling to remember a game where I came away thinking we looked good or where it was enjoyable to watch - and but for a very lucky run of 11 wins I think our finishing position would have been far more realistic in terms of where Danny had got us to and the pressure on Tinnion would not have been so intense right now.

Yep,I have to admit that the performances under DW wern't sometimes pleasant on the eye & agree that even on our unbeaten run,we didn't look to convincing.

But 5 or 6 games apart,we have looked even worse this season & even with some wins (Peterboro Walsall) we were very much on the lucky side.

But I take issue with the new manager - fresh faces.

The fact maybe that it will take a little time to get the personel & style right & I for one was up for giving BT the chance on this front.

30 games into the season & he now decides that certain players are not for him & are not up for the fight.

You don't get much time in football & I feel not let down by the players involved but by the Manager who has taken this ammount of time to get to this situation.

And also let down that he feels unable to work with players with obvious talent & love of BCFC.

The team has been tinkered with to much & lets hope its not come to late.

But it was not and we did get to Cardiff but...... Is pretty football going to get us out of this division? I think not.

Brighton & Bristol City were both awful in that final game but who out of the two teams is playing in a higher league?

Pretty..... I think not

The pressure was always going to be intense on whoever took over, I can't be taken in with sentiment shown for BT.... BCFC manager = Intense = Whoever takes up the poison challis

BT never in at the top job ..... it was always going to be one gamble too many for me...... that said it is not down to us to decide at the end of the day, we have a board that decide such things?

Tins has made a radical change to poorly performing personnel half way through the season.  That's a positive isn't it?  For sure, you could say he should have known his team all along but this is his first season.

Also, a deaf and mute Tinnion would show more passion for our club than Wilson even after Wilson had walked into an Emotion shop and ordered a pound of emotion with chips.

The ultimate judgement is where we finish at the end of the season.  Wilson didn't get us promoted afetr 4 attempts.  Tinnion still hasn't got us promoted but he's only been manager for half a season!  :D

Take it your not a Wilson fan? :P

And yes, lets all judge at the end of season.

:D umm doing well under wilson, spent the second most in the division, left lita on the bench, played a team full of defenders with no stikers on the bench against the most defence minded team in the division at the play offs,300k for miller ,100k for roberts, ohh yes real quality.

:whistle: umm doing well under wilson, spent the second most in the division, left lita on the bench, played a team full of defenders with no stikers on the bench against the most defence minded team in the division at the play offs,300k for miller ,100k for roberts, ohh yes real quality.

Roberts was a bargain.........he really did help save last season.

And just how much further have we gone since Danny Wilson?

What have we spent this season..... or is our season spent?

But it was not and we did get to Cardiff but...... Is pretty football going to get us out of this division?  I think not.

Brighton & Bristol City were both awful in that final game but who out of the two teams is playing in a higher league?

Pretty..... I think not

The pressure was always going to be intense on whoever took over, I can't be taken in with sentiment shown for BT.... BCFC manager = Intense = Whoever takes up the poison challis

BT never in at the top job ..... it was always going to be one gamble too many for me...... that said it is not down to us to decide at the end of the day, we have a board that decide such things?

Fair point. The pressure will be there for whoever takes the job. It's just my opinion that the 11 game unbeaten run was very very lucky and no reflection on how we were playing at that time. It gave us a false finishing position in the league and made Tinnion's job appear easier than it actually was/is.

It's hard to justify why I feel we went backwards when we finished 3rd and got to the play off final, but that is how it felt and is part of the reason I would stick with Tinnion next season.

You are right, the board will make these decisions. I don't envy them.

Fair point. The pressure will be there for whoever takes the job. It's just my opinion that the 11 game unbeaten run was very very lucky and no reflection on how we were playing at that time. It gave us a false finishing position in the league and made Tinnion's job appear easier than it actually was/is.

It's hard to justify why I feel we went backwards when we finished 3rd and got to the play off final, but that is how it felt and is part of the reason I would stick with Tinnion next season.

Maybe luck plays more of a part than any of us will admit to?

In truth you don't finish third two seasons in a row for no reason and I think luck and desire perhaps played a big part in it for the teams that went up?

We could just have easily had that little extra bit of luck ourselves and won one more game last season and we would never have had this conversation??

I don't think we have a choice.... Tinnion will be with us next season, I just hope he has learnt what he needs to know to take us up........asking too much.... no he is the Manager of Bristol City FC!

COME ON YOU REDS!

"UP THE CITY!"....... as My Dear OLd Nan Bristol used to say.

Why are we bothering even to discuss Danny Wilson HE's GONE......Brian Tinnion has had six months to achieve what the three previous managers failed to do... some of you may just want to think about that....Who said what to whom in the dressing room is just pure horse droppings the fact is if some players cant play for this manager that is rather down to them (and probably not the manager)and it is time they moved on (almost certainly to clubs who don't pay ridiculously high wages for abject mediocrity-I here Aaron Brown's position at Tamworth may be open)so lets put some blame where it largely lays, at the feet of players who take OUR money for nothing and then whine about it to people who post on here.....

The point I originally made was even more hard hitting tonight watching LL.

All we needed was goals?

God only knows where we would be if LL had't of got his quota this season.

Praise for Tinnion here.

But LL's performances have glossed over the cracks that have appeared elsewhere.

The point I originally made was even more hard hitting tonight watching LL.

All we needed was goals?

God only knows where we would be if LL had't of got his quota this season.

Praise for Tinnion here.

But LL's performances have glossed over the cracks that have appeared elsewhere.

And we all know where we could be if Lita had got one last season in Cardiff. I should think that thought would haunt Danny Wilson to his grave, if he cared sufficiently.

And we all know where we could be if Lita had got one last season in Cardiff. I should think that thought would haunt Danny Wilson to his grave, if he cared sufficiently.

I like the way that everyone presumes that if DW had played Leroy Lita that day in Cardiff we would have one the match...

Remind me of how many shots we had on goal that day?

None if I remember rightly. We didn't turn up as a team and Danny Coles gave away a stupid penalty.

End of.

Danny Wilson was (like it or lump it) taking us forwards in terms of getting closer and closer to promotion each season. Brain Tinnion has taken us backwards.

If Steve L is to stick to his guns then he must punish failure and Tins has to be the man to go I'm afraid.

Yep,I have to agree on this one.

As has been said recently,Lita was told by Tinnion not to be disappointed,because his time would come.

Yes Brian you knew something DW didn't!! Not how good Lita could be - that you would be in charge next season.

DW knows where he got it wrong.But maybe that support from a few senior players wouldn't have gone a miss. :whistle:

Archived