IGNORED

Sorry But.......

whitey_03

Just watching Scotsport SPL highlights, and the guest on the show is John Robertson the manager of Hearts.

After Lees wonder goal at the weekend, looks like the wheels are in motion to make Lee Miller a permanent (sp*) fixture in a Hearts shirt.

John Robertson has been given the go ahead to go strike a deal with Bristol City for Lee Miller.

So even with all the negative threads on here, seems you will have some money coming in from Lee Miller.

Just watching Scotsport SPL highlights, and the guest on the show is John Robertson the manager of Hearts.

After Lees wonder goal at the weekend, looks like the wheels are in motion to make Lee Miller a permanent (sp*) fixture in a Hearts shirt.

John Robertson has been given the go ahead to go strike a deal with Bristol City for Lee Miller.

So even with all the negative threads on here, seems you will have some money coming in from Lee Miller.

I wrote before Christmas on styles. I played under Sir Tom Finney in Australia, a team of mostly Scots/Irish ball players, very clever with all the skills. They were usually below the teams of Greek or Italian origin who had say 6 or 7 ball players and 4 Aussies of the 6ft 14 stone variety who had not made the grade at rugby. They were fit and there to take out the skilled footballers. They would work well in the Brian Tinnion division were he has spent most of his career. I understand entirely the variations of playing football, and taking out footballers. Check out Cities yellow card list, including our suspended player/manager, its old fashioned bash and barge 3rd division style.Not a criticism mind you, just how Lee fits better with the better footballers.

Well that ###### sucks! I spoze we have strikers at the club, but thats not the point... I hate you Tinnion

Lets wait and see after hes played more than just a handful of games eh Whitey ?? Talk about jumping on the bandwagon after a couple of decent performances................Mind you if we get back what we paid for him then Id snap their hands off right now. Still the biggest waste of money in recent history as far I'm concerned.

Lets wait and see after hes played more than just a handful of games eh Whitey ?? Talk about jumping on the bandwagon after a couple of decent performances................Mind you if we get back what we paid for him then Id snap their hands off right now. Still the biggest waste of money in recent history as far I'm concerned.

Rubbish.

A Player of immense potential. The only waste is his time at City where we failed to allow him th opportunities to shine or improve.

If we were playing championship football He would be being talked about by premiership clubs I feel sure of it.

Cardy i presume you are a BCFC fan if so please try not to talk down a sale transaction. Our club is trying to regain the money outlaid on Miller. Repeat after me, Miller is a great footballer, a steal at 400,000. Make a profit......i despair in this forum...oh and Lee will do just fine in a league that actually plays football.

Dear me, how many times I hear this.

Please look at the stats of last season, and try think back to his performances this season, absolute crap.

Please remember SH everyone is entitled to their own opinion, sure havent I had to put up with yours all this time :)

I was just wondering - what on earth will happen to this Forum should Lee be sold on :grr: He does seem to cause comment , no matter what he does or doesn't do :unsure:

Having now experienced another Clubs Fans Forum it just reinforces what I was warned of, even before Lee signed with City, by a then player BT, that City fans were well known for their moaning, and pessimistic attitude.

I am grateful that I have had contact from the more realistic and friendly City fans that I have. This gives me faith that when the team finaly gets sorted, it can go from strength to strength.

In the meantime, don't be so greedy with regard to Lee's price tag - I reckon its down to his strength of character, and self belief ( of which I am very proud ) that Lee is in the position he is now, both enjoying, and playing such good football.

Joy

Please remember SH everyone is entitled to their own opinion, sure havent I had to put up with yours all this time 

I was just wondering - what on earth will happen to this Forum should Lee be sold on  He does seem to cause comment , no matter what he does or doesn't do 

Having now experienced another Clubs Fans Forum it just reinforces what I was warned of, even before Lee signed with City, by a then player BT, that City fans were well known for their moaning, and pessimistic attitude.

I am grateful that I have had contact from the more realistic and friendly City fans that I have. This gives me faith that when the team finaly gets sorted, it can go from strength to strength.

In the meantime, don't be so greedy with regard to Lee's price tag - I reckon its down to his strength of character, and self belief ( of which I am very proud ) that Lee is in the position he is now, both enjoying, and playing such good football.

Joy

Well said Grannyjoy.

I personally have always felt Lee Miller can and will become a very good striker at City. But, from what I understand Lee has had a number of unfortunate circumstances which has made his time in Bristol difficult. i.e. homesickness, team selection, injuries and illness etc. Now he has returned to a familiar environment he has displayed with his performances at Hearts that he can score in a top league*.

Lee Miller has been a model professional at City even with these distractions. He has also been willing to get involved within community. I remember that he came up to watch Forum match up on the Downs last year. I also know people who work at Portishead Youth Centre and they have told me how Lee has gone along to evening sessions and talked with the members and played 5 a side etc.

I am not sure how many other players at city would do this in there own time?

In the end of the day Bristol City should be proud of Lee Miller. He has never been given a fair chance and is often one of the first players to be criticised when things do not go our way. I want Lee Miller to stay at City but I feel he will never be given a fair chance by the management or all the fans. Which means a move to Hearts will probably be best for all of us, but I will be gutted if Lee turns into a star. As it will be our own fault for losing him!

*People who say that the SPL is of a lower standard than League One do not know what they are talking about. How many teams in League One could compete in the UEFA cup and win matches? Hmmm none probably even Millwall struggled and they are a Championship side!

Please remember SH everyone is entitled to their own opinion, sure havent I had to put up with yours all this time  :)

I was just wondering - what on earth will happen to this Forum should Lee be sold on :grr: He does seem to cause comment , no matter what he does or doesn't do :unsure:

I am grateful that I have had contact from the more realistic and friendly City fans that I have.  This gives me faith that when the team finaly gets sorted, it can go from strength to strength.

Joy

Well said Granny Joy-Fair play to Lee, given a chance hes put his heart into it, took his chance, and sadly, now City will never see his potential. Another fine example of City managers getting players, and not playing to the players strengths-hey ho, tut tut happens (cant swear on this site :( )

Good luck to him at Hearts, shames its no Dundee but there ya go :grr::grr:

Wonder who they'll pick on next?

Guest Tactical Genius
*People who say that the SPL is of a lower standard than League One do not know what they are talking about. How many teams in League One could compete in the UEFA cup and win matches? Hmmm none probably even Millwall struggled and they are a Championship side!

Remind me again of the glorious record Hearts had in this years competition? Whilst you are at it count up the Scottish teams who remain in European competition.

Good luck to Lee if he goes.

Agree with SH to an extent - Lee has had the chances with City and has not showed his potential for whatever reason. Think it must be just one of those things that hasn't worked out and I can't honestly see Lee making a realistic claim back into the first team - while we have Lita and Brooker.

I'm sure he'll be much more successful at Hearts and hope he will. Whitey and Joy will know way better than me but Hearts seems suit him a lot better - he will be at home afterall.

Goodbye and good luck Lee if you are going. :unsure:

This is a shame

We buy a guy for his "potential" and then sell him on to fulfil it elsewhere.

I think he would have been the ideal striker in the Championship, a slightly less physical game so failing to get promoted has cost us a quality player.

He did not "have his chance" he played bit parts at 20-22 years of age in a position where it is quite unusual for players to peak until they are 25 or older.

I wonder how many will say how "well its a poorer standard of football" when (and I mean when) he represents Scotland successfully at international level? :unsure:

just goes to show yet again the gulf in class once you cross that old border !!! stars up in the highlands maybe but down here .... well less said the better ...... miller class ???? not in the real world

Don't drive anywhere until you have sobered up.

I haven't had a drink since Saturday night! I hope you remember this thread in a year or so. It's worth noting that there isn't much competition for strikers places in the Scotland squad and Walter Smith does like his line to be led by a big guy......

Guest Tactical Genius

A nice finish, though it has to be remembered that it was a speculative effort, and nobody on earth is capable of knocking those in on a regular basis. I also notice that the hammer thrower playing at number 6 was particularly lax in his attitude to defending.

Well check out this goal

Lees-Screamer

Crap player, and only able to score a goal like that because SPL is obviously only as good as the Glos County League, the goals are twice as big in Scotland and the goalies are no taller than 5' 6" tall and have their hands tied behind their backs all game!

Maybe he does not fit in with the rest of the corrupted squad.

He is bound to go, I bet it will be for something stupid like £100,000 + sell on clause. I feel he is a player with a lot of potential but he hasn't had time to show it at city and also with a massive knock in confidence from tinnion for signing brooker, its no wonder his performances haven't been amazing.

If we sell him i bet he will become a massive star, something he would not have done at city!

Guest yajrellim
Crap player, and only able to score a goal like that because SPL is obviously only as good as the Glos County League, the goals are twice as big in Scotland and the goalies are no taller than 5' 6" tall and have their hands tied behind their backs all game!

This is what he can do when playing with confidence, which he was never given at City this season. The hearts manager has full faith in his ability and it is showing in his recent performances. He is now playing regularly for 90 mins which he wasnt allowed to do much for city.

If you look back on the world site you can view his first goal for City, which was alittle similar. and i think you will notice that he has increased his overall upper body size.

In fact looking back at alot of his goals were created from good service, which i think most would agree was in short supply last season and even now.

IMO he did rather well last season considering it was his first, in a rough league where they prefer to play the long ball.

You can say what you like about Scottish football as youre entitled to your opinion. But remember Hearts got a result against Basel, which a few Premiership teams have failed to do in recent seasons, and performed admirably against Feyenoord.

So how many League 1 teams could do that.

Guest Tactical Genius

Admirably though they may have performed they lost 3-0. They also lost to the same side that Millwall lost too. I think that is about right, they are on a par with Millwall.

Guest yajrellim
Admirably though they may have performed they lost 3-0. They also lost to the same side that Millwall lost too. I think that is about right, they are on a par with Millwall.

Yes but if you look back on the game two feyenoord goals were offside.

You can try and compair teams all day. But i was just making the point that they are capable of getting decent results in europe, compared to Bristol slugging it out trying to get out of league 1.

Archived