IGNORED

Doherty Injured,ireland Back At Posh

Robbored

According to the WDP today Tommy picked up a knee injury on Saturday is unlikely to be fit for tomorrow.Ireland will almost certainly be unavailable and so BT will be forced into making at least two changes.

Probably it'll be Smith in at right back with Carey moving to center back and Tony "comfort zone" Dinning in for Doherty.

Murray is also likely to unavailable due to injury.

So....BT says in the WDP that he wants to make as few changes as possibe which sggests that both Cotterill and Brown will keep their places.

For the first time in ages I'm actually looking forward to a match at AG.

According to the WDP today Tommy picked up a knee injury on Saturday is unlikely to be fit for tomorrow.Ireland will almost certainly be unavailable and so BT will be forced into making at least two changes.

Probably it'll be Smith in at right back with Carey moving to center back and Tony "comfort zone" Dinning in for Doherty.

Murray is also likely to unavailable due to injury.

So....BT says in the WDP that he wants to make as few changes as possibe which sggests that both Cotterill and Brown will keep their places.

For the first time in ages I'm actually looking forward to a match at AG.

things are looking alot brighter with the young un,s coming in and yes i,m looking forward to tomorrow night though i,ve got to pay as i sold me season ticket after walsall. :)

Laughable mis management yet again to let Ireland go.

We can now be effectively held to ransom by Posh as they know we need him.

The alternative? rely on what we have and play Carey in the Middle with Coles,

errrr...not for me.

Maybe we could re-sign Butler?

or whats Mark Aizlewood doing these days (apart from 2-4 in Cardiff jail!!)

I want BT to keep Wilkshire in as well as Brown and Cottrill. god help us if he brings back Dinning, orr should be in for the Doc.

it's going to be cold Brian, don't make it colder still

:)

things are looking alot brighter with the young un,s coming in and yes i,m looking forward to tomorrow night though i,ve got to pay as i sold me season ticket after walsall. :)

You were upset enough to sell your season ticket and now, one win later, are excited and looking forward to going again? I'm beginning to see why some people call City fans fickle!!

Laughable mis management yet again to let Ireland go.

We can now be effectively held to ransom by Posh as they know we need him.

The alternative? rely on what we have and play Carey in the Middle with Coles,

Any player in the second month of a loan can be recalled with 24 hours notice. I hardly see how that is mismanagement, since the only way to avoid that would have been to pay a fee for him in his first loan month which would inevitably have been wrong and ended up with more comfort zone comments a la Dinning.

Coles and Carey in the middle with Smith right back isn't ideal but it's not the end of the world.

The lack of decent central midfield cover bothers me more frankly.

Nibor

Surely once Butler went to Blackpool it would have made sense to sign Ireland permanently then as he is his "like for like" replacement?

Tommy's availability record, whether through injury, suspension or his re-occuring "fitness problems" is absolutely shocking, so no surprise to read again that he is out for another 3 games.

To be fair to Tinnion, how can he build a midfield around a bloke who doesn't ever manage to play even 60% of our games?

You were upset enough to sell your season ticket and now, one win later, are excited and looking forward to going again? I'm beginning to see why some people call City fans fickle!!

i sold my season ticket because i was jarred off with watching players underperforming and stopping the young un,s having a go.and yes i am looking forward to the oldham game but not excited as we don't know what team will start. :)

Any player in the second month of a loan can be recalled with 24 hours notice.  I hardly see how that is mismanagement, since the only way to avoid that would have been to pay a fee for him in his first loan month which would inevitably have been wrong and ended up with more comfort zone comments a la Dinning.

Coles and Carey in the middle with Smith right back isn't ideal but it's not the end of the world.

The lack of decent central midfield cover bothers me more frankly.

Nibor

if even you as a fan, know the rules regarding recalls for loanees, you would have thought that BT, as a pro manager wouldn't be 'shocked' by the recall that HAS occurred.

and although we are told the clubs 'agreed a fee' it seems that Posh turned down todays offer.

I DO call that mis-management, once again we are reacting to circumstance, not pro-actively anticipating and dealing with events.

In the same way that BT wanted loanees in for Colchester, but by circumstance was FORCED to play the side he did,which resulted in a massive improvement, it shows how totally inept the management is.

or maybe you are happy with the bumbling rubbish BT is providing at the moment?

if even you as a fan, know the rules regarding recalls for loanees, you would have thought that BT, as a pro manager wouldn't be 'shocked' by the recall that HAS occurred.

and although we are told the clubs 'agreed a fee' it seems that Posh turned down todays offer.

I DO call that mis-management, once again we are reacting to circumstance, not pro-actively anticipating and dealing with events.

In the same way that BT wanted loanees in for Colchester, but by circumstance was FORCED to play the side he did,which resulted in a massive improvement, it shows how totally inept the management is.

Your're getting to sound like Arpaul.You don't happen to live near Bemmy Down, do you?

Your're getting to sound like Arpaul.You don't happen to live near Bemmy Down, do you?

Don't!

I really despair at the way this season has (mis)shaped up

the sense of it all being totally at odds with where I thought BCFC were heading, or where I want them to head.

I well aware that at my time of life, I am heading down moaners gulch on a threadbare old hoss named despair!

yehaaaw!

Guest alex1089
god help us if he brings back Dinning, orr should be in for the Doc.

Bradley Orr has had to many chances to preform in the team and he has been our worst player in ages, Tony Dinning would be my replacement for Tommy Doc.

Another interpretation is that Fry has been hit by injuries and forced to recall Ireland and reject the offer of an immediate permanent transfer, which would understandably be a shock if the clubs had already verbally (and pro-actively) agreed a fee for his transfer. It would be very surprising for Posh to then recall him wouldn't it? Also - interesting to note in the article on the main site that the player himself was shocked, so surely that tells you something about what was agreed? Anyway it doesn't mean we're not going to get him in the end.

Why do you criticise Tinnion for seeking out loan signings? What would happen if we'd picked up yet more injuries and bookings in the game (which we in fact did)? Would you then accuse him of failing to be pro-active again when we're down to picking under-17s for the Oldham game? You assume he was looking for people to play in the starting XI but we were down to 15 or 16 fit and unsuspended first team players so would it not make sense to pro-actively bring in cover?

I'm not happy with the rubbish we've watched for most of the season but I can't see what should have been done differently here.

Nibor

PS I hate the phrase pro-active! :P

Sounds like we could have some problems tomorrow night then -

Ireland back at Posh - now not for sale at all!

Carey - doubtful

Fortune - doubtful

Tommy - doubtful

Murray - possible

Our big problem would seem to be in defence, midfield we have Wilks, Orr, Tins, Brown, Dinning but in defence, Coles, Smith, Bell? then who?

No. The mis-management was allowing Butler to go before securing Ireland as his replacement.

Anybody allowing themselves to become a 'hostage to fortune' with Barry Fry is showing naivety in the extreme.

Carey - doubtful

Fortune - doubtful

Tommy - doubtful

Murray - possible

Our big problem would seem to be in defence, midfield we have Wilks, Orr, Tins, Brown, Dinning but in defence, Coles, Smith, Bell?  then who?

Where does it say Carey is doubtful?

Carey - doubtful

Fortune - doubtful

Tommy - doubtful

Murray - possible

Our big problem would seem to be in defence, midfield we have Wilks, Orr, Tins, Brown, Dinning but in defence, Coles, Smith, Bell?  then who?

Had not heard Carey was doubtful, whats wrong with him? Midfield we use the same as Saturday Cotterill,Brown,Wilks and add Orr/Dinning for Doc.

Have you got Barry Frys phone tapped?

How do you know he didn't refuse an offer from us to buy him before the end of his second month but turned it down in case he was required as cover at short notice?

If you bought a house, shook on the deal and got surveys under way only for the vendor to decide not sell after all just as you were about to exchange contracts. How would you feel? The vendor are well within their rights to do so. So I guess you wouldnt feel shocked?

It's easy to be wise looking in from the outside, but until you have all the facts, labelling it mis-management is jumping the gun surely.

As for the loanees. Not sure how you equate accusing him of mis-management in not preparing for the eventuality that Ireland (or anyone else for that matter) couldn't play and also say constantly looking to strenghten the squad is inept.

My point - evidently missed - was that Saturdays performance was entirely due to the inability of BT to get loanees in time.

a consequence that he surely, even with your tinted tinnion spectacles didn't 'plan'

going into the earlier game Vs Walsall with 5 players on 4 bookings probably means you'll lose some to suspension, given that they may get booked (as they did). BT SHOULD have been looking at loanees prior to Thursday of last week.

Take the Phillips scenario, will we wait for his 5th card before trying (and failing) to get a keeper in as cover?

perhaps securing Irelands signature earlier would have been more prudent, given that BT let his other non-transfer listed Central defender go on a free to a rival team in this division. Its either a planned strategy that BT is undertaking here or (as it seems to me) a series of kneejerk reactions to events often outside of his control

If you're happy with the way this club has gone about it's business this season then good luck. my expectation, legitimate as a paying fan, is very different.

In certain circumstance, hindsight is a wonderful thing. but todays scenario could have been easily avoided without calling on it!

My point - evidently missed - was that Saturdays performance was entirely due to the inability of BT to get loanees in time.

a consequence that he surely, even with your tinted tinnion spectacles didn't 'plan'

going into the earlier game Vs Walsall with 5 players on 4 bookings probably means you'll lose some to suspension, given that they may get booked (as they did). BT SHOULD have been looking at loanees prior to Thursday of last week.

Take the Phillips scenario, will we wait for his 5th card before trying (and failing) to get a keeper in as cover?

perhaps securing Irelands signature earlier would have been more prudent, given that BT let his other non-transfer listed Central defender go on a free to a rival team in this division. Its either a planned strategy that BT is undertaking here or (as it seems to me) a series of kneejerk reactions to events often outside of his control

If you're happy with the way this club has gone about it's business this season then good luck. my expectation, legitimate as a paying fan, is very different.

In certain circumstance, hindsight is a wonderful thing. but todays scenario could have been easily avoided without calling on it!

I don't quite understand your logic. Tinnion was wrong to try to get loanees in and we only won because he didn't. But he should have been looking to get loanees in with so many suspensions pending? That sounds like damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

How do you know Tinnion hasn't been looking since before Thursday. How do you know he isn't trying to find suitable cover for Phillips?

How do you know Fry would have allowed us to secure Ireland's signature earlier? For all we know, we may have tried and Fry may have refused in case he needed cover this month. Agreeing to sell at the end of the loan period for an agreed fee.

It sounds to me as if Fry has gone back on his word, which is very hard to account for in planning.

Because I am trying to give an alternate reason as to how this may have happened I wear Tinnion-tinted spectacles? Grow up.

Tinnion has made plenty of mistakes. Puting himself in the team being the main one in my opinion. But there seem to be a number of people happy to criticise his every move. Stick to the same 11 and he has his favourites. Change the team and he doesn't know his best team being another classic example.

I don't quite understand your logic. Tinnion was wrong to try to get loanees in and we only won because he didn't. But he should have been looking to get loanees in with so many suspensions pending? That sounds like damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

How do you know Tinnion hasn't been looking since before Thursday. How do you know he isn't trying to find suitable cover for Phillips?

Because I am trying to give an alternate reason as to how this may have happened I wear Tinnion-tinted spectacles? Grow up.

But there seem to be a number of people happy to criticise his every move. Stick to the same 11 and he has his favourites. Change the team and he doesn't know his best team being another classic example.

Slinky - What was your view on Wilson out of interest? As much of what you say above can be applied for the criticism of his management (especially the last point)! It's definetly the nature of football fans to criticise, when in fact the manager knows best.

How do you know Fry would have allowed us to secure Ireland's signature earlier? For all we know, we may have tried and Fry may have refused in case he needed cover this month. Agreeing to sell at the end of the loan period for an agreed fee.

It sounds to me as if Fry has gone back on his word, which is very hard to account for in planning.

Tinnion has made plenty of mistakes. Puting himself in the team being the main one in my opinion. But there seem to be a number of people happy to criticise his every move. Stick to the same 11 and he has his favourites. Change the team and he doesn't know his best team being another classic example.

I cannot be bothered to go round this cul-de-sac anymore.

Is it that you just want the last word or what?

I think BT is a poor manager. his selections are flawed, and his 'success' to date is by accident rather than design. (the exception to this being the signing of Steve Brooker)

If he picked an 11 that performed to the standard and in the style that we can manage (or could at the beginning of the season) then yes, I'll be happy. and I'd have no problem with him playing them week in week out.

instead I'm watching him mis-use talent at his disposal, come up with the most banal inspirational '120%' PR rubbish. (though he is by no means alone in doing this) and consequentially we have played some of the most dour football I've had to endure since Osman/Pulis and to a lesser degree Smith. (all of whom didn't know what they were doing with the team)

'grow up' - ahhh the last refuge of a frustrated poster.

I hope I never grow up, there's so much more to see and do and learn along the way. I like me just the way I am, thanks

love and kisses

I cannot be bothered to go round this cul-de-sac anymore.

Is it that you just want the last word or what?

I think BT is a poor manager. his selections are flawed, and his 'success' to date is by accident rather than design. (the exception to this being the signing of Steve Brooker)

If he picked an 11 that performed to the standard and in the style that we can manage (or could at the beginning of the season) then yes, I'll be happy. and I'd have no problem with him playing them week in week out.

instead I'm watching him mis-use talent at his disposal, come up with the most banal inspirational '120%' PR rubbish. (though he is by no means alone in doing this) and consequentially we have played some of the most dour football I've had to endure since Osman/Pulis and to a lesser degree Smith. (all of whom didn't know what they were doing with the team)

'grow up' - ahhh the last refuge of a frustrated poster.

I hope I never grow up, there's so much more to see and do and learn along the way. I like me just the way I am, thanks

love and kisses

No, you can have the last word by answering my questions if you like. They have mounted up though as you've avoided them in two posts now.

Over to you for the last word.

Archived