IGNORED

Leroy Lita

A Horse With No Name

I thought that Lita was outstanding in the first half, and was linking well with Brooker. He was making himself available all over the pitch, and for once was passing to others in better positions, rather than shooting. Then he gets taken off and the whole team performance goes belly up. Heffernan was awful and Brooker even worse. Dave Cotterill never had a kick second half and Dinning.... well. Unless Lita had a slight knock I cannot understand Tinman's thinking.

I thought Leroy had a very quiet game and Tins was right to bring him off.

It's unfair to blame Heffernan too - the second half was lost in midfield where poor old Scott Brown seemed completely on his own. I've no idea where Dinning went but he was nowhere to be found in the second half.

Guest artykidy

leroy caused that goal for blackpool.now i do think that leroy can play his game of football but today because he thought blackpool had done something terrible (like times before) he gave the ball away.now i also think that through out the second half there was to much space for blackpool,this was another reason for there goal.

Possibly starting to take things for granted. He seems to down down under the slightest pressure and if he dosen't get the freekick just gives up. Possibly needs to be brought back a peg or two to remind him he isnt a one man team. But I have to agree that he was passing alot more today than he has been of late.

Although Leroy had a quiet game, Blackpool still kept 2 players marking him throughout. The substitution could work in our favour by reminding him that he is not bullet proof as far as substitutions are concerned and he will need to re-focus all of his efforts. However, strikers are notorious for having a low confidence and the substitution could knock him back. Hopefully it will be the former and not the latter.

Don't get me started on the midfield general that is Dinning. First half he did play well, the team were working hard and he played some good passes, and some poor, but the poor were few in comparison. In the second half we were screaming out for some leadership on the park, and arguably the most experienced man out there did a Lord Lucan. Dinning needs to demonstrate that he can mix it when the going gets tough, this team cannot carry anyone!! Rant over. :city::grr:

Guest DAMIEN-LITA
Lita was starved of much ball in the second half as was Brooker and Heffernan.Not even Thierry Henry can score goals without the ball..

Well said, We actually agree on something !!

There was no reason for Leroy coming off, He,s not injured or anything. BT is the Gaffer so it,s his choice.

As for the pri#ks that were telling him to f off !! I,m sure Leroy will rise above it and Chuck it back in there faces. ( They call themselves FANS ! )

Guest DAMIEN-LITA
Leroy did very little today a good decision to take him off, but brooker wasnt much better so maybe he should have gone off instead

Lets face it...... Some people will never be happy with the results, Goal scorers, Team ! Thats why we love the worlds number one game, FOOTBALL !!

In my opinion Leroy was having an off day, so fair play to Tinman to have the nerve to sub him.

Everyone moaned that DW would never bring off leapy if he was'nt playing well.

So its nice to see that nobody is above being taken off.

Wont do the lad no harm whatsoever.

If he wasnt happy with it, great!

Whats better than having a peed off leroy trying to prove a point against luton.

Ok it didnt come off today but if heff had scored the winner we'd all be praising tinmans sub.

Showed a lot of bottle to do that in front of a home crowd whether it be right or wrong.

You can be sure if millen was making the decisions on the side today he would not of had the b******s to do it! :city:

LL had the poorest game for a while. Usual failure to pass to better placed team mates and squandered at least 2 decent chances. Having said that at least he`s having a go. What the hell was said to the team at half time to produce a 2nd half performance like that, it was dire. We`re carrying too many players still to perform for 90 minutes, Carey was excellent but the rest of the defence was absent. Brown ran his socks off, but on his own in midfield and when Murray and Anyisah came on we hoofed the ball up in the air constantly, just where it suits them!!.

Thought LL caused there defence trouble first half when ball was played on ground. Both there centre halfs couldn't handle the pace of him and they always brought a full back over whick left Wilkshire in space. Second half blackpool semed to play 5 in midfield parker sat deep and we could not get ball. When we did we just hoofed up towards Butler who amazingly did not once give afree kick away round box for pushing or holding even though he was doing it. Maybe playing for us means instant penalisation. We then took off lita which freed there full backs who joined in the attacks. We then took of LW and i think it was Bullock no. 11, who had so much space everytime to ick up ball and ru at us it was amazing. Dave C and JA did not track back and left us wide open. We seemed to panic and knocked long balls all the time which they cleared up last half hour no problems. If LL had taken one of his chances first half or had put in SB or Lw when he had the chance maybe it would of been different story. I think credit to Hendry for changing the pattern of the game and out thinking Bt who stuck to same formation all game.

Carey was excellent but the rest of the defence was absent.

Carey was excellent indeed but I have to say that I thought Coles was man of the match, he was outstanding today, breaking up play, some excellent balls forward and even the odd break forward himself. Made a change to see him trying and playing well rather than just hoofing the ball long!

Maybe being put on the lost has sent a message to him, for if he gets dropped he will not get the move away he is after and the club is after. Sent message to tins today i can play and thought him and carey handled Murphy quite well. Steve howard maybe a differant propasition next week though.

Although Leroy had a quiet game, Blackpool still kept 2 players marking him throughout.  The substitution could work in our favour by reminding him that he is not bullet proof as far as substitutions are concerned and he will need to re-focus all of his efforts.  However, strikers are notorious for having a low confidence and the substitution could knock him back.  Hopefully it will be the former and not the latter.

Don't get me started on the midfield general that is Dinning.  First half he did play well, the team were working hard and he played some good passes, and some poor, but the poor were few in comparison.  In the second half we were screaming out for some leadership on the park, and arguably the most experienced man out there did a Lord Lucan.  Dinning needs to demonstrate that he can mix it when the going gets tough, this team cannot carry anyone!!  Rant over. :city:  :grr:

who do you think you are? an officer or something!

I thought it was an bad substitution at the time. I think Lita agreed with me too judging by his body language after the subing.

We got worse since that sub (maybe a coincidence though)

Tinnion OUT

Lita getting subbed was one of those things... he missed acouple of very scorable chances and Heffernan has done nothing wrong so BT threw him on... the fact was we couldnt win a raffle in midfield in the second half so its doubtful if PELE could have done anything with that service

sorry but I thought Brown was a very lucky boy to stay on the pitch after his fouling and mouthing at the ref and his passing was generally atrocious. Dinning did little to contribute except try and tell everyone else what to do - usually incorrectly.

I think you were maybe watching a different team to the rest of us. Brown played some superb passes, both long and short, and whilst a couple of the long ones didn't quite come off, that's life - it's a very difficult thing to do.

Brown was man of the match for me in both this game and the Oldham one. I really don't see how he can be criticised. Unless you are one of the morons who thinks Tommy Doherty can do no wrong and you're annoyed at Scott Brown's demonstration of how to do the job properly...

I think you were maybe watching a different team to the rest of us. Brown played some superb passes, both long and short, and whilst a couple of the long ones didn't quite come off, that's life - it's a very difficult thing to do.

Brown was man of the match for me in both this game and the Oldham one. I really don't see how he can be criticised. Unless you are one of the morons who thinks Tommy Doherty can do no wrong and you're annoyed at Scott Brown's demonstration of how to do the job properly...

I agree with you entirely. Scott brown obviously has talent , but what i like about the kid is that even when its not going for him he keeps trying , he runs his socks off and the problem yesterday was that he was in midfield virtually by himself! Dinning went missing second half and hopefull tommy will be back for the luton game?? And coming on to lita , he did well in the first half but second half there was little service as the whole team was so poor , but he let himself down with a couple of bad touches and he took far to long to sqaure it back to a team mate in a good position and lost the ball. Heffernan didnt do much when he came on but again that was because the service was so poor , i was really suprised that we didnt win the game because the first half we were up for everything and going in for all the challenges and winning them , second half we just werent up for it. But thats typcial of city this season , good one minute , diabolical the next.

Archived