IGNORED

Miller

Red under the bed

Guest Robbo27_22

Posted on another thread but rumour up here is £175k. Whether he has fitted in at your gaff or not, he is certainly fitting in with us so a good bit of boz all round I would say. Mind you, £175k doesn't get you much of a player in return!! All the best with the rest of your season.

I think that we must accept that Miller has gone. Should we officially put him on the transfer list to get a proper open market valuation?

As a business owned by its shareholders, the board has a duty to obtain the best possible price for its assests. This must involve a proper market valuation.

Guest comeonureds

yet another club in hearts,having a laugh at bcfc transfer dealings.

if hearts want him that badly they will come closer to the 350 k,bcfc bought him for.

obviously miller wants to be in scp playing.

if he carries on,on loan to hearts and continues to do well,i would feel it likely he might attract interest from the 2 big clubs up there.

unless city have got an immediate signing lined up,they are better off leaving him on loan to the seasons end.

Far from wanting to pi$$ on anybody's bonfire but I don't think we'll get any cash until the start of the next transfer window.

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that the Scottish Premier League operates under the same FIFA imposed transfer window that our Premiership does. If so, this would mean no cash until June and therefore (possibly) not enough cash to splash out on someone like Nelson or Evatt.

If Lee Miller does make a permanent move to Hearts I wish him a lot of luck. Don't be surprised if you see him in the Scottish international squad before too long. How many other quality Scottish strikers can you think of ?? Amazing what a bit of confidence and some decent service can do for a player - the guy's even scoring headers now !!

Good luck Lee.

Far from wanting to pi$$ on anybody's bonfire but I don't think we'll get any cash until the start of the next transfer window.

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that the Scottish Premier League operates under the same FIFA imposed transfer window that our Premiership does. If so, this would mean no cash until June and therefore (possibly) not enough cash to splash out on someone like Nelson or Evatt.

If Lee Miller does make a permanent move to Hearts I wish him a lot of luck. Don't be surprised if you see him in the Scottish international squad before too long. How many other quality Scottish strikers can you think of ?? Amazing what a bit of confidence and some decent service can do for a player - the guy's even scoring headers now !!

Good luck Lee.

Even if a transfer window does exist we can still get an undertaking from Hearts with regard to an agreement to purchase.

This will satisfy the accountants to let us go out and purchase.

If we sell him without letting other clubs make an offer on him the running of this club has to be questioned?

We hear so much about how little money we have as a club, yet we seem to be not really exploring all angles with Lee Miller, he is an asset of the club and it is within the clubs interest to secure the highest fee for an asset when sold!!!

If we sell him without letting other clubs make an offer on him the running of this club has to be questioned?

We hear so much about how little money we have as a club, yet we seem to be not really exploring all angles with Lee Miller, he is an asset of the club and it is within the clubs interest to secure the highest fee for an asset when sold!!!

Yes I agree, See my earlier post.

We must get a proper open market valuation to keep the shareholders happy.

Business is business!

:dunno:

Guest Big Si

I seem to have the view that whilst the transfer window would apply to the SPL, because he joined Hearts in the window, they can come back with the cash now and complete the deal. Its not as if there is any material change in him playing - he would have played the rest of the season there anyway.

I think this will go down as an "undisclosed fee". The board wont want the fans to know about it if he is sold on the cheap because of the backlash they will get!

Si.

Even if a transfer window does exist we can still get an undertaking from Hearts with regard to an agreement to purchase.

This will satisfy the accountants to let us go out and purchase.

Don't be silly, I suspect the Miller money will be used to help reduce this year's losses and to help pay the interest which will be payable on the club's borrowings.

We'll never find out the true amount I wager.

Tinman has publicly stated how desperate he is for a new defender and it doesn't take sherlock holmes to see that he needs to sell first.

any club bidding would be bananas to offer more than the bare minimum as BT will be desperate to ship him out.

Again, a cock eyed affair from start to finish.

I'm bl00dy glad I don't invest with Hargreaves Lansdown!

(the price of your shares may just go down and down as we'll buy at a premium and sell at a loss!)

:dunno:

Guest ciderred77

What a waste of the clubs money. We're looking like losing 50% on a player that is only going to get better. I'm having a fiver on Miller getting at least 20 goals in next years SPL.

Typical shortsightedness that you'd expect from this club.

Guest butterflybairn

Serious question, did BCFC pay the whole £300k up front?

Rumours among Bairns are that some of it was add ons, appearance based etc.

Guest Brum Red

I'd be very suprised if we did as this rarely happens in the lower leagues these days. If we didn't then that should mean that Miller was far less than the £300-£350k that seems to be the generally accepted amount we paided for the player.

Antman Posted Today, 1:06 PM

We'll never find out the true amount I wager.

Did we ever find out the amount that we paid to re-sign Scott Murray?

Guest butterflybairn
I'd be very suprised if we did as this rarely happens in the lower leagues these days. If we didn't then that should mean that Miller was far less than the £300-£350k that seems to be the generally accepted amount we paided for the player.

i would be very surprised aswell. I fear we are the only club going to lose out here.

Good luck Lee, what a waste Bristol City made of this player and his talent.

Somehow I think it will be Lee that comes out of this situation better than the club.

Oh come on wake up now.

He was rubbish for us, and did absolutley nothing to warrant a place on our bench, let alone in our starting lineup.

I think the Hearts website report sums it up "ten games for BCFC this season - 0 goals". He just didn't score goals, but didn't really create either, unlike Brooker.

He scored eight, yes EIGHT goals last season in 30-40 games, and you say City wasted his talent, he was given \ full season last year and was dropped for the end of season run in as DW didn't rate him.

Tinnion gave him a chance and obviously dosen't see anything in him neither.

DW and Tins, obviously don't rate him, he had a chance this season and didn't make an impression when given starts against Swindon and Port Vale.

I hear this potential, but didn't see anything to look forward to, he was too weak and too slow to use his decent touch and ball control.

Shame as it's alot of money down the drain, plus he seemed a good lad, but he was a big flop.

Archived