IGNORED

Tinnion Will Be Here Next Season

leadman

brian tinnion will be citys manager next season.

to say I'm dissapointed is an under statement.

i just cant see him getting it right, no matter what players he can or cant bring in, or for that matter who leaves or stays.

i have been told by a reliable source, that the players have now got it into there heads that tinnion will be the manager and thats that.

if this is the case then we should see an improvment across the board.

heres hoping.

i just cant see him getting it right, no matter what players he can or cant bring in, or for that matter who leaves or stays.

i have been told by a reliable source, that the players have now got it into there heads that tinnion will be the manager and thats that.

heres hoping.

Not worth worrying about let's just get behind the team until the end of the season and see what happens.

What a ridiculous post. So if we lose all our remaining games Tinnion will still be in charge?

And your source is confident that every single player at the club is now, what, 100% behind Tinnion - has only just realised he's manager of the club?

I think its fairly safe to predict that Tinnion will be manager next season unless we blow up majorly from now until the end of the season - hardly breaking news I have to say.

Guest hairyshamrock

Is he a manager now then? Cos he's doing a good impression of somoeone out of Monty Python!

Can we have Basil Fawlty as manager for a could of weeks? That'd be more interesting on Radio Bristol on the way home!

After drawing 1-1 with Blackpool...

Geoff - "So Basil, you got ahead but didn't kill the game off in the second half...?"

Basil - "No Geoff, we didn't. Scott Murray is worse than that Spanish Waiter i used to employ but the board have informed me i can't slap him across the head as i used to do with Manuel. At least i could understand him! I'm sorry they didn't do so well, they were poor. End of story. I'm not going to do any of this 'look me in the eyes and tell me you care about the club' rubbish. Get them in tomorrow and show them who's boss. Now, where's that scottish so-and-so..."

heres hoping.

so why cant you see him getting it right ,can you see into the future??

no then what do you base this on id say for a manger who has only less than 1 year sexperiance to be 8th isnt bad is it?

Base yur geussing on facts not fiction,

If he fails misrabley il be the first one to tinnion out.

Until then give him support he needs it!! :dunno:

It's Outrageous that Tinnion will be here next season, the man is a complete failure, hes' in his first season and has achieved nothing.

Possibly because the season is not over yet and BT can still take us to the 1st Division and beyond who knows, I can't read the future.

What I think I know is this;

Tinnion is trying to take Bristol City Football Club to the 1st division and has ruffled a few feathers to say the least on his merry way.

However he has shown he will play the youngsters, some of whom are very talented and worthy of a place in the starting 16.

He has made mistakes (who doesn't) but hopefully he will learn form that and be able to turn it into a positive. I.E The Craig Ireland saga.

At times we have played some very entertaining football and others some absolute stinkers.

He's given Leroy Lita a chance and it looks like he could be a 25 a season man.

He has got a heck of a lot more out of Luke Wilkshire than DW ever did and Wilkshire does look like a class act.

Sadly it seems like The Doc will be leaving but on the plus side Brown looks like an able replacement.

Brooker is an excellent signing.

There is still time to make a promotion charge or sneak into the playoffs i really don't care.

One thing is for sure though Tinman could still go down as being the man who took us up.

(Brian if I could have my fiver now that'd be great!)

no then what do you base this on id say for a manger who has only less than 1 year sexperiance to be 8th isnt bad is it?

Here here.

It's Outrageous that Tinnion will be here next season, the man is a complete failure, hes' in his first season and has achieved nothing.

Possibly because the season is not over yet and BT can still take us to the 1st Division and beyond who knows, I can't read the future.

What I think I know is this;

Tinnion is trying to take Bristol City Football Club to the 1st division and has ruffled a few feathers to say the least on his merry way.

However he has shown he will play the youngsters, some of whom are very talented and worthy of a place in the starting 16.

He has made mistakes (who doesn't) but hopefully he will learn form that and be able to turn it into a positive. I.E The Craig Ireland saga.

At times we have played some very entertaining football and others some absolute stinkers.

He's given Leroy Lita a chance and it looks like he could be a 25 a season man.

He has got a heck of a lot more out of Luke Wilkshire than DW ever did and Wilkshire does look like a class act.

Sadly it seems like The Doc will be leaving but on the plus side Brown looks like an able replacement.

Brooker is an excellent signing.

There is still time to make a promotion charge or sneak into the playoffs i really don't care.

One thing is for sure though Tinman could still go down as being the man who took us up.

(Brian if I could have my fiver now that'd be great!)

Hear hear (apart from the sorrow that Tommy's 'leaving' - I think the sooner the better for his career and for the club).

Whatever happens between now and May, this year will be seen as a watershed. We lost a manager who was clearly semi-detatched/absentee (pick your own phrase) and we have someone prepared to take the tough choices, give the young lads a chance and clear out those who weren't committed to the cause, complacent or just plain lazy.

At the end of 04-05, pride and unity will be firmly put back in the squad and we'll be a better club for it. Bring on the moaners.........

heres hoping.

I don't know who your "reliable source" is but i could have told you that! I've been calling for him to leave all season but i've realised its not going to happen so we might as well get behind him , it could be A LOT worse. :dunno:

No-one on this thread has yet mentioned the the influence of our old friend money.

To sack Tinnion would cost the club whatever his severence cheque would be and you can be assured that we would looking at a large cheque.Add that to the cost of engaging another manager and his staff and you have a situation that simply can't be afforded by the club.

So....on financial grounds alone it makes perfect sense that Tinnion will still in charge next season.

It ain't rocket science....

Hardly a surprise really.

Assuming nothing catastrophic happens between now and the end of the season, there is no way our chairman will want to get rid of Tinnion.

We'll probably end up on the fringes of the playoffs and might sneak into sixth spot if we're really lucky (am I the only one who thinks thats a bit poor for a club which was making a strong challenge for automatic promotion for the past two seasons ?)

And as Robbored said it would be costly to sack him so soon after appointing him.

But I think theres a more important factor which will keep Tinnion at the club next season....

The chairman won't want to look stupid by admitting he was wrong. He's publically said that we should judge HIM on Tinnions results and if our manager fails then it reflects on the chairman too.

We can only hope that Tinnion learns the ropes very quickly, or we could be seeing further seasons of under-achievement.

Define,failing miserably ?

What will be success & not success ?

heres hoping.

Lot to sort out this season first.

If Tinnion fails to get us into the play-offs this season, I think SL while take a long hard look at the situation.

Can you see another season of 9000 season ticket holders ?

The feeling on this forum is that the appt of BT has divided the fan base & can the club afford another season in Div 1 & with BT at the helm.

I don't feel enthused at all at the moment & far more fans may pick there games next season.

Next 11 ganes will shape next season

Judge me by Tinnion. OK. If we finish in single digits say 9th or better, BCFC media releases will help us find that acceptable. " Fair result after a season of great change"." Tins paves the way for future development". " City to reveal new signings"." Tins new squad are optomistic for promotion". New this and new that so we are at fever pitch by seasons start. Another year in the life of BCFC.

Judge me by Tinnion. OK. If we finish in single digits say 9th or better, BCFC media releases will help us find that acceptable. " Fair result after a season of great change"." Tins paves the way for future development". " City to reveal new signings"." Tins new squad are optomistic for promotion". New this and new that so we are at fever pitch by seasons start. Another year in the life of BCFC.

Yes, I fear that this will be the case if we don't get up.

A huge chance in fortunes has to occur in the next 11 games.

I can see Parkinson, Latham etc at the computers already.

We'll probably end up on the fringes of the playoffs and might sneak into sixth spot if we're really lucky (am I the only one who thinks thats a bit poor for a club which was making a strong challenge for automatic promotion for the past two seasons ?)

No, you are not alone. There have been about 10,000 postings along those lines in the last few months. :dunno:

heres hoping.

Thanks for the tip off. I'll save my season ticket money for something else interesting instead

I'm not guessing.

facts are, we have been far poorer than the squad suggests.

he only plays kids because other players were suspended.

if your happy with 8th with this squad of players then thats your problem, I'm not.

we are now c*** at home, we get outplayed on our own turf by relagation outfits, thats a fact.

Archived