IGNORED

Lee Miller

Jay

So City have rejected a formal offer for Miller, claiming that the offer is 'way short' of their valuation of him. The following comes from the Hearts offical website:

"Lee Miller last night admitted to Hearts News that he is keen to get into double figures this season having scored another magnificent goal against Livinston ont Saturday at Tynecastle.

The on-loan star has been a revelation since joining from Bristol City, and Saturday's performance was further evidence that the young striker has been a successful adition to John Robertson's squad...

...Meanwhile, the hitmanshares his manager's frustration that a permanent deal to bring Lee to Edinburgh from Bristol has not yet been finalised. 'I want things done and dusted' he admitted"

What can I say? Magnificent goal, on-loan star, a revelation and the guy is keen to stay.Am I right by thinking that we paid around £300K for him? It's not often that we buy in a player and then sell him on for more & I'd guess that this will be the case again. Anyone brave enough to guess what he might go for? dunno.gif

So City have rejected a formal offer for Miller, claiming that the offer is 'way short' of their valuation of him. The following comes from the Hearts offical website:

"Lee Miller last night admitted to Hearts News that he is keen to get into double figures this season having scored another magnificent goal against Livinston ont Saturday at Tynecastle.

The on-loan star has been a revelation since joining from Bristol City, and Saturday's performance was further evidence that the young striker has been a successful adition to John Robertson's squad...

...Meanwhile, the hitmanshares his manager's frustration that a permanent deal to bring Lee to Edinburgh from Bristol has not yet been finalised. 'I want things done and dusted' he admitted"

What can I say? Magnificent goal, on-loan star, a revelation and the guy is keen to stay.Am I right by thinking that we paid around £300K for him? It's not often that we buy in a player and then sell him on for more & I'd guess that this will be the case again. Anyone brave enough to guess what he might go for? dunno.gif

£250k

Well waddayaknow, there's all the ammunition BCFC need to ensure we get a hefty fee. The above means that Lee's worth a shedload-a-money. OR, if a realistic fee isn't forthcoming, he stays. Steve L's a successful businessman you know. It aint rocket science. cool.gif Trust.

Edit: drunken typo party-smiley-012.gif

McFadden and Dickov have just pulled out of the Scotland squad.

How many Scottish strikers are scoring regularly and hitting the headlines?

Unlikely, but if one or two more drop out a quick call-up for Miller would really strengthen our bargaining arm.

I feel that Lee Miller is and will be a quality player, after all he is still fairly young, I therfore feel that if Hearts don't want to pay us what we want, then we should bring him back, get rid of Tinnion and he may get a game, after all he is another Wilson Signing that BT needs to get rid of.

certainly worth what we paid for him so I would say that £250, 000 plus sell on clauses would be good for the club.

Interesting that if you read the entire BBC Sport article on the disagreement between Hearts and ourselves over the fee, as opposed to the shortened version on teletext, it says that we are asking 400k and that Hearts appear willling to pay it.

However it would be 100k up front, another 150k after a certain number of appearances and another 150k due after more appearances and an international call up.

We are certainly in a stronger position to get a decent fee for Miller than we were before he went on loan and I don't see why we shouldn't test the market in the summer if Hearts won't play ball.

McFadden and Dickov have just pulled out of the Scotland squad.

How many Scottish strikers are scoring regularly and hitting the headlines?

Unlikely, but if one or two more drop out a quick call-up for Miller would really strengthen our bargaining arm.

I know for some the thought of Lee Miller getting a Scotland call up wouldve made you laugh, but to be honest, there has been a bit of disbelief that he hasnt even been called up into the under 21's squad.

Now as Nogbad says, with McFadden and Dickov out, and if there is any further call offs, Derek Riordan from Hibs will be getting promoted to the full team squad to play Italy, leaving the under 21s without their guarenteed starter. Now if this happens Lee could very well find himself in the 21's squad playing Italy.

On the subject of fees, I would guess with Hearts offering £100k, and City wanting £400k, there is a massive £300k difference. I would expect a meeting ground, and that could very well be £250k, plus add ons.

I feel City have done well in this move, although I would still have liked to have seen Lee hit the heights I know he couldve with City, Lee will now get first team football, and City will get back some money on a player who was seen as flop by many. Both sides happy biggrin.gif

According to a report on teletext City want £400k for Miller, but Hearts only want to pay between £75k - £100k with more on top based on appearances and stuff!

i would want at least £250k for Miller with clauses relating to international appearances, so at least in the long run we should get back what we payed for him in the first place!

for once we have the upper hand, hes under contract to us so they should pay what we want and by all accounts thats £400,000. If they don't we get back a player high on confidence who we all know should have already been given more of a chance to stake a claim for his place than he has. I for one will be sad to see him go for anything less than what we paid and would actually want him to stay.

for once we have the upper hand, hes under contract to us so they should pay what we want and by all accounts thats £400,000.  If they don't we get back a player high on confidence who we all know should have already been given more of a chance to stake a claim for his place than he has.  I for one will be sad to see him go for anything less than what we paid and would actually want him to stay.

Tinnion does not want him or rate him in the English 3rd division. He will go, one way or the other.

I saw the highlights of their latest 3-1 win while in Scotland this week and it gave a clear indication of what they think of him up there.

He took three free kicks around the box scoring with one and creating the third goal when the keeper could only parry a good effort. Nobody seemed to challenge him to take the free kicks, which I think shows how much confidence they have in him.

I would be a bit surprised if one or two other clubs haven't got their eyes on Mr Miller. Surely a player who was highly thought of a couple of years ago and is now banging goals in for a Scottish Prem side would be of interest to an English Championship club - especially if a reasonably modest fee is in the offing. Having seen a bit of Championship football this season, the general quality of strikers is pretty modest. Lita and Brooker would walk into the majority of teams.

I hope Lee continues to prosper up there - and a bidding war ensues during this summer's transfer window.

It seems lee is now happy and settled in Scotland again, would he really want to move away again? There are only a handful of clubs up there where he could further his career, and he is doing the business at one of them now. I think for personal reasons he would be hoping that one of these clubs will make a move for him.

I think if he wants to prove himself in the English league he would consider a move back down south maybe. dunno.gif Maybe at a championship club as he has tried football at our level and couldn't play to his ability, much the same as Luke Wilkshire who struggles at times.

It's such a shame we have all but let a player with ability suited to a higher level slip away. We don't see many like that at this level. sad.gif

And here is what is odd about the whole thing.

John Robertson (Jambos legend; record goalscorer; Scotland international; guided Inverness Cally Thistle into the SPL for the 1st time in their history) thinks that Lee Miller is a talented young player with a bright future ahead of him and capable of gaining a few international caps and worth around £300-400K YET

Brian Tinnion (City 'legend' allegedly; LDV Cup winner and erm..other things) also thinks that Lee Miller is worth around £300-400k but crucially, doesn't think he is worth pursuing and is quite clearly, in BT's opinion, not good enough for the Third Division of the English Leagues.

Whose judgement would you trust? Roberston or BT?

Guest markreynolds1986

I reckon a nominal fee of around 150K , followed by a sell on clause with a poo load of clauses for apperance , goals , international caps etc w00t.gif

Archived