IGNORED

Baseball

elhombrecito

hahaha....no, I haven't ever been to Dodgers game; BUT, I can tell you that the word on the street is that Dodger Dogs are terrible! biggrin.gif If you come out here to San Diego, I'll treat you to a "Friar Frank"!  As a matter of fact, earlier this year, the San Diego Padres set up cooking stations all around the city and let people taste test the two proposed hotdogs.  The one the people voted for is the one which got picked.  Plus, they're now cooking them on a flat grill instead of boiling them.  snack.gif

.....Kelly smile.gif

Dodger Dogs are truely awful and I don't recommend them to anyone. I only tried one because the American guy I was sat next to said "you haven't lived 'til you have tried a Dodger Dog". They suck, I wouldn't feed them to my worst enemy. The Friar Frank sounds good, can't be any worse than a Dodger Dog !!

Enough of this food talk, Braves are now 2-1 after winning their last 2 against the Marlins. Atlanta's now sitting pretty in their rightful place at the top of the NL East. Go Braves !!

Enough of this food talk, Braves are now 2-1 after winning their last 2 against the Marlins. Atlanta's now sitting pretty in their rightful place at the top of the NL East. Go Braves !!

Arizona finished rock-bottom of the Majors last year... and they're top of NL West today biggrin.gif

hehehehe...calm down guys, there have only been four games! For example, as of today, Arizona, San Diego and San Fransisco are all "tied for 2nd".

.....Kelly smile.gif

hehehehe...calm down guys, there have only been four games!  For example, as of today, Arizona, San Diego and San Fransisco are all "tied for 2nd".

.....Kelly smile.gif

Kelly, after this success starved season watching City any success for a team I follow is most welcome...if they happen to be over the other side of the Atlantic ocean then so be it.

Braves still atop the NL East at 5-2, still another 155 games to go though !!

This is true. I can just imagine tinman-is-god doing his "Get fit Barry" dance right now....

I'm doing a dance now razz.gifrazz.gif We need him badly. We are terrible, losing 8-1 to Kansas City is actually embarrasing beyond belief. Ellison and Niekro are our best players....that says it all crying.gif

Guest SteveinNC
Each to his own. I used to hate American sports too, but once I started following a team and I understood the rules I started to enjoy baseball and American Football a lot more. Now I won't miss a Jets or Sox match when it's on!  w00t.gif

I have lived in the USA for 23 years, and to this day have absolutely no interest in any of it.....except, maybe, College Basketball. My son is an avid fan of North Carolina. I think American sport is totally crap, son!

There are many trade rumours at the moment, with Schimdt to leave San Fran as a virtual certainty now. ranting.gif It will be a shame for us Giants to lose our best players....did anyone watch Boston the other night, it looks like they are finally getting hot....but don't quote me on that razz.gif

Since my last post on this thread the Braves have proved me wrong. They haven't struggled without Chipper Jones but have actually got better !! Atlanta's record of 50-40 sees them just 2.5 games behind the Nationals in the NL East and with healthy 4 game lead in the NL wild card race.

Still just over 1/2 a season to go yet though. Go Braves !!

Thought I'd drag this back to the top seeing as Boston come back to Fenway after the ASB to face the Yanks......

Should be a cracker on Saturday: Clement v. Johnson

I would have thought, on current form, Clement should win, but then he is playing the Yankees, and with their power, if they decide to hit, there probably isn't a lot Clement could do!

San Fran are just about hanging in there, but we still have a very poor record. We need Barry so much praying smiley.gifpraying smiley.gif

Guest Eamer

I used to hate ALL American sports (Baseball, Basketball, "Football", Hockey). I used to hate them all with a passion but since going to America last year I have become more interested. My favourite sport of the four is Basketball and I am a big fan of the Indiana Pacers and have been since the first game I saw on TV was them beating the NJ Nets by 20. Been a fan of them ever since. They didn't have a great season last year with the "brawl" and everything but still made the playoffs and suprised everyone. With Jermaine O'Neal, Ron Artest, Stephen Jackson, Danny Granger and Jamaal Tinsley I think the Pacers can go far this year. Reggie Miller just retired from Indiana after 17 years there which is a huge loss but the Pacers still have alot in the team. I am now part of the Filton College Basketball Academy.

I got into American Football a month or so into the playoffs as I spoke to alot of Americans and they convinced me to buy Madden05. I have to say it IS the best EA Sports game out, that is until Madden06 is released. I decided to follow the Indianapolis Colts as my favourite Basketball team are the Indiana Pacers as I just thought it made sense.

I tried getting into Baseball and Hockey but ... couldn't. Baseball was just too slow for me although if I had to pick a team I'd choose the Seattle Mariners as they are the first team I watched. With Hockey I could just never see the puck on TV so I gave up on it.

NL West W L

San Diego 49 42

Arizona 44 48

LA Dodgers 41 50

San Francisco 39 51

Colorado 31 58

Let's go Padres!

.....Kelly 

Nah....Let's Go Giants dance.gifdance.gif

In all seriousness, i think the Padres have the NL west tied up, i cannot see anyone catching them. I am quite surprise at LA this season, they have been awful- at least some good has come of this season for a San Fran fan biggrin.gif

Archived