IGNORED

To All The Whingers

Robbored

Reading through most of the threads over recent monthes there seems to be a large number of whingeing fans who post only negative threads.

So far we've had Tinnion slated beyond reason,Landsdown's been the victim of some appauling vitriol and personal abuse.Gould and Sexstone are overpaid wasters who can't do thier jobs according to some.

The team,the players and coaching staff have all taken stick virtually all season.

Complaints about the badge,the new shirt and the ST prices.

Is there anything at all that any of you like about the club?

Guest DrFaustus
Is there anything  at all that any of you like about the club?

Yes. I like your shirt and your badge biggrin.gif I like a lot of your fans too, both on-line and in person. Sweet eh?

Yea of course people have negative comments. It doesn't really mean people 'moan' about everything!!! I don't moan about Tins among many other subjects, but the badge and kit yes!

How do you expect others to post their concerns and share them eh!

I thought that was what this forum was for, expressing opinions and raising topics. Many I signed up for the wrong reasons then. I didn't realise there was a rule under negativity, saying 'YOU MUST NOT DISAGREE WITH CLUBS DECISION MAKING'. If that were the case then this forum would be pretty pointless.

city.gif

Gould and Sexstone are overpaid wasters who can't do thier jobs according to some.

Agreed.

Yeah, the current badge or the robin badge.

My opinion is if there were less fans adopting your apathetic stance on the badge/shirt etc, etc, we'd actually get a bit more of what we want.

Play it your way we get more of this crap today in the future. Not that you care.

By me not attending home games next season I don't really feel that I am turning my back on my club. Because this don't feel like Bristol City FC anymore. How can they get it so wrong?

Guest hairyshamrock

The positive atmosphere and banter amongst the fans...

You're forgetting that loving a football club is like marriage in the days before divorce.

You've been together so long and You hate everything about them, they aggrivate the crap out of you better than prune juice but you still love them deep down and you know that going elsewhere won't be the same cos when the good bits are good, she rocks your world...

But when you come home drunk (or the new manager is an ar$e) and she's got a knife in her hand (or the chairmans put ST prices up) then you know its a bad situation and you hate her for all the waiting time in casualty.

I may hate the current situation, but as a short lad once said on a film that made a few bob "It's only a passing thing, this darkness. A new day will come, and when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer"

He said it in a West Country accent too so i'm holding on to fate, hope and everything else thats good in the world and i know we'll get through

However dark this Lansdown/Tinnion eclipse is making everything.

By me not attending home games next season I don't really feel that I am turning my back on my club.

So what are you doing then? You are depriving the club that you alledgedly support of your much needed support and income.By going only to away games you are essentially giving your dosh to our rivals.

You could ask "what can I do for my club?" not "what can my club do for me"

With supporters like you its no wonder our club struggles to survive.

Yea of course people have negative comments. It doesn't really mean people 'moan' about everything!!! I don't moan about Tins among many other subjects, but the badge and kit yes!

How do you expect others to post their concerns and share them eh!

I thought that was what this forum was for, expressing opinions and raising topics. Many I signed up for the wrong reasons then. I didn't realise there was a rule under negativity, saying 'YOU MUST NOT DISAGREE WITH CLUBS DECISION MAKING'. If that were the case then this forum would be pretty pointless.

city.gif

I didn't start this thread as a form of censureship.It was out of interest as to what the moaners actually like about the club as the nature of many of their posts are so anti the club.

It just made wonder why they "support" BCFC.

Reading through most of the threads over recent monthes there seems to be a large number of whingeing fans who post only negative threads.

So far we've had Tinnion slated beyond reason,Landsdown's been the victim of some appauling vitriol and personal abuse.Gould and Sexstone are overpaid wasters who can't do thier jobs according to some.

The team,the players and coaching staff have all taken stick virtually all season.

Human nature I reckon Robbered. People tend to be much more vocal when they are unhappy about something than when all is rosy.

So what are you doing then? You are depriving the club that you alledgedly support of your much needed support and income.By going only to away games you are essentially giving your dosh to our rivals.

You could ask "what can I do for my club?" not "what can my club do for me"

With supporters like you its no wonder our club struggles to survive.

Weren't you whining about your red seated Dolman ST price increase yesterday then?

I don't enjoy feeling the way I do, I have not taken this decision lightly.

Have I ever contemplated ONLY attanding away games before? No

Have I ever vowed to ONLY attend away games before? No

You think it's OK for a supporter to be feeling so disillusioned, that they see no other way of expressing it? If I was SL I'd be asking myself that.

Your not alone Robbo, I feel betrayed almost by some posts here today.

I'll admit that i'm not keen on the neckline of the new top, but it's not going to kill me and i'll still buy it and wear it with deep pride.

I'll also be purchasing my ST payday (next friday!)

I don't care for smokers or non smokers, the everlasting moans about the EAST END.

I trust the board, players and coaching staff to do their best for the club.

You might say thats naive, but i DO trust them.

They may not be the best but they are trying.

We don't have a bottomless pit of money, We certainly can't do a Barca and give up good money for some text on the players shirts, let alone rally others to NOT buy their ST, what the hell is going on~?

Please everyone, support the club through this, not turn the other way.

I'm sad today now. sad.gif

I support the club because i want to, and because my family do. and i will moan all day long about this club if i want too. if ive wasted my sat afternoons on watching terrible football i will moan, and wont pretend to of enjoyed. i will not be positive about crap football. and i will not pretend i like the way the board have changed the badge and given us this awful kit without proper consultation.

i will be there thourgh the bad times and through the good, and will not pretend things are rosey when they are not.

Are you good mates with people high up at the club out of interest?

So it's not only me who thinks/knows this.

Robbored embarrasing drum banging has become as predictable as it is tiresome. I wouldn't say he was "good mates" with Tinnion, more a friend of a friend trying (Oh, so trying) to keep the clubs end up.

Bless him!!!!!!!!!!! online2long.gif

There are seven things that concern me about the club at the moment:-

The Performances

The League Position

The Management/Coaching Staff

The attitude of certain players

The clubs finances

The new badge - not as major as the above

The new Kit - not as major as the above

Apart from the fact that I love supporting the club most of the above concerns do not give me a great deal to be happy clappy about. However, the club will get my season ticket money although I am seriously considering whether I can send my three year old son out in public wearing the new kit!!

Robbored's  embarrasing drum banging has become as predictable as it is tiresome.

So you think its embarrasing to support the club? and tiresome because I take a more objective view than many?

Most of the angst regurgitated on here is down to individuals knee-jerk reactions to a disapointing season.If anythings tiresome, that is.

I see that you don't say what you like about the club... dunno.gif

So it's not only me who thinks/knows this.

Robbored embarrasing drum banging has become as predictable as it is tiresome. I wouldn't say he was "good mates" with Tinnion, more a friend of a friend trying (Oh, so trying) to keep the clubs end up.

Bless him!!!!!!!!!!! online2long.gif

Robbo is about the only one on this forum keeping the faith, we can all learn a lesson here.

Are you good mates with people high up at the club out of interest?

A typical response to anyone who happens to make a positive comment about the club. If I can accept that you may have a negative view and have a right to express it why can you not accept that others may have a different view without them having to be related to or mates with someone at the club?

It was the same last season with anyone who still had positive comments to make about Wilson.

just accept we have different views, nothing sinister there, just different!

So you think its embarrasing to support the club? and tiresome because I take a more objective view than many?

Most of the angst regurgitated on here is down to individuals knee-jerk reactions to a disapointing season.If anythings tiresome, that is.

I see that you don't say what you like about the club... dunno.gif

How is your view more objective than others? You're a City fan just like the rest of us so your view is just as subjective as every body else's. Just because you try to come across as more tolerant and more amenable to the drivel that seeps out of the board-room doesn't mean your are objective.

Those with the most objective views on here are people like DrF and Rich-TGSC. They have no loyalty to the board/management or players but also do not post on here just to be offensive nor to irritatingly annoy the rest of us. Their objective points of view have far more credence because they are NOT City fans.

And I don't see how, after 43 games, the reactions on here can be seen as 'knee-jerk'. If we'd played just one or two games then fair enough, but 43?

positives:

- Tinnion playing young, academy, bristolian players

- Tinnions will to improve and succeed

- The friendly atmosphere with the people who I usually sit with

- Making new friends almost every game I watch

- When city play good football (at times vs swindon)

- Away days on the road

Negatives:

- Tinnion not improving the team from last year

- Tinnion making big mistakes in the transfer market

- The dressing room seeming to have become unsettled

- The way the board look down on us fans

- the un-welcoming attitude of the board in regards to the friends who I sit with and enjoy the game with

- The idea of replacing the badge with a pathetic, non-identifiable, amateurish badge

- The football Bristol City play the majority of times

- The new kit

- The fact that this club could be run so much better, with better marketing, better market research etc before making decisive decisions

- The negative attitude the board has towards wanting to know what us (the fans) want

- The board still not realising that they have made fatal decisions

- Next seasons attendances

- Season Ticket prices

- Again, the same old promises of class players brought into the club, in the summer

- The fact that every night I come home from work (not a very well paid job, apprentice wage) at 5:30, after 9 and a half hours hard, physical labour, tired and sore, worn down, looking for some good news and almost every night I have to put up with very sarcastic comments from the board, absolutely pee poor decisions which I then have to try and get my head around after reading countless people on this forum having the same opinion as me against this board and all the board has to come back at us, or even backing up thier decisions is "the club would be a lot worse off if we were not here" eg the money

All in all, the board are only here because of the money they have. How gutted they must feel if the only reason they are at a club is thier money, not thier decisions

How is your view more objective than others?  You're a City fan just like the rest of us so your view is just as subjective as every body else's.  Just becuase you try to come across as more tolerant and more amenable to the drivel that seeps out of the board-room doesn't mean your are objective.

Those with the most objective views on here are people like DrF and Rich-TGSC.  They have no loyalty to the board/management or players but also do not post on here just to be offensive nor to irritatingly annoy the rest of us.  Their objective points of view have far more credence because they are NOT City fans.

If I remember my English lesson correctly "objective" in the context in which I used it means - "uninfluenced by emotions or personal prejudices" I think that applies to my views but not to the views of many.Just because I'm a faithfull City fan doesn't mean that I can't be objective about the club.

I would deny that my views are "subjective" which means I think - "thoughts coming from or taking place in a person's mind or existing only in the mind; illusory".

Lots of the negative tosh vomited up on this forum is "subjective" because it mostly stems from the anger and frustration of the individual and is not a balanced overview.

Thats partly the reason I posted an earlier thread asking people to say what they like about the club.It could help them to become more objective.

might be because of the woefull football we have seen, since brians appointment.

might be because steve l appointed a manager from within, who was unpopular.

lets face it, if the footballs good, everything else falls into place.

you must remember when ashton gate was a terrible place for away teams to come too.

dario grady said of the temple once, coming down here is like a trip into the lions then, now its more of a trip down the morgue.

anyway don't matter, there my team and i loves em.

If I remember my English lesson correctly "objective" in the context in which I used it means - "uninfluenced by emotions or personal prejudices" I think that applies to my views but not to the views of many.Just because I'm a faithfull City fan doesn't mean that I can't be objective about the club.

I would deny that my views are "subjective" which means I think - "thoughts coming from or taking place in a person's mind or existing only in the mind; illusory".

Lots of the negative tosh vomited up on this forum is "subjective" because it mostly stems from the anger and frustration of the individual and is not a balanced overview.

Thats partly the reason I posted an earlier thread asking people to say what they like  about the club.It could help them to become more objective.

I am familiar with the philosophical concepts of objectivity and subjectivity.

Perhaps if you tempered your comments with phrases like 'I think that I am more objective than others' then that might make more sense but you're just dealing in absolutes which are impossible to attain.

You keep stating you are objective and that others (who happen to hold a contrary viewpoint to your own in many cases) are subjective. Could it not be that you are as objective one moment and then subjective the next as much as the next man? Surely, emotion plays a part in your activity and postings on this forum?

How do you know people are basing their posts on 'anger' and 'frustration'? If you use emotional detachment to explain your alleged objectivity then what emotions stir within you to cause you to reply to a posting you may not agree with? Some obviously or you would not reply, would you?

Archived