IGNORED

Joe Anyinsah

Ashcott Boy

After coming on for Murray i thought Anyinsah played very well in the second half, he ran at players and looked a real threat running down the right wing and IMO should get a start next Saturday.

P.S What a screamer from Mickey Bell.

Great effort by Mickey, as for Anyinsah he was pretty quiet in the 1st half but 2nd half he was superb. Must be a high chance of him starting at Wednesday what with Cotterill out injured and Murray currently sat in hospital with a suspected fractured cheek bone.

Guest we8thegas
Joe plays just as good on the left wing. Imagine Joe on the Left, Dave on the right. They would rip midfield and defences apart !!!

BANG! hit the nail right on the f@#king head dance.gif

Next week is simple to me. Doherty replaces the injured Skuse. Anyinsah starts on the right and Cotterill replaces the totally ineffective Wilkshire in the centre to provide the creativity. Keep Brown on the left.

As for today, second half saw us play some very good football (in spite of the first goal coming from a long punt). Anyinsah was direct, ran at people, and worried the pants off of their defence whenever he got the ball which is something Murray is unable to do any more. Doncaster could have been dead and buried but decided to park the proverbial team bus in front of goal.

If we had played more football like that in our previous 22 home games there would be a lot less disillusioned people on this forum.

P.S. Skuse looks a real class act to me and won't be at Ashton Gate for very long in my opinion. Too good for our trashy league. When he fills out a bit I think he may find himself playing two leagues higher.

• Admin
Neither, if today's form was anything to go by.

Come on, was Wilkshire really THAT bad today? He even put himself about a lot and made some crunching challenges. His set-piece delivery was dire but the rest of his game was fine. I'm rapidly becoming of the opinion that if Wilkshire doesn't score people just decide he's had a bad game!

Ive said it before, and ill say it again - Ayinsah (or at least a new left winger) needs to be in the team.

Tinnion has said that we need a fighting team to get us out of this division - and the only way I can see us working as a third division team is to play simple football.

4 solid defenders at the back - two, naturally left/right wingers, two midfielders, and a big lump up front with a sniffer. Oh and a goalie...

Instead of trying to fit Wikshire in the team, playing him left wing, play him in the centre and be done with it. Tommy can be the player to drop slighly deeper, meaning Lita, Brooker, Cotteril, Wilkshire and Ayinsah can go about attacking othe opposition.

We dillidallied for too long with this left wing position, we are not England - we had two naturally left sided players sat on the bench, and one of the hottest young left backs this country has - also sat beside them.

I think this has cost us this season, and hopefully Tinnion now (kinda) knows his starting 11. Bell hasnt been up to the job, he is now a defender, not a wing back - and with the lack of left winger, the supply from this flank has been wanting.

When I watched the team play Brentford and Luton, i honestly thought that this club was on a serious slide - but now, for me at least, i think the future looks very bright.

From the two matches I saw of him before yesterdays game I thought he was lightweight. However yesterday he was awsome and had so much pace. I really hope he plays Saturday and if he continues playing well will be a dangerous player next season.

Archived