IGNORED

Lee Miller In Scotland Squad

Rule The Waves

Yep because Scotland are a major force in the international world aren't they.

Yep much like City and Swindon. However whats his value now....

Also Danny Wilson never played him much either in favour of BL***Y Leapy..Must be something to do with the abilities of people off the park than Millers ability on it...!

Guest Champagne Football

Next season, if we get Stewart, can anyone hand on heart say you would play Miller ahead of Stewart, Brooker and Lita? I will take the money thanks.

I think they would hold their own in this division though, Rich. dunno.gif

Are you sure? disapointed2se.gif

I jest, I jest.

Point taken but there are other factors that lead to Miller's success at Hearts, like the fact he's closer to home etc.

Miller had a fair chance in his first season (judging by appearences)

Now he's in the Scotland squad do you honestly think that'll up his value by a lot? I don't.

He's Aberdeen bound now I hear.

Next season, if we get Stewart, can anyone hand on heart say you would play Miller ahead of Stewart, Brooker and Lita? I will take the money thanks.

Miller would do Brookers job effectively I am sure. A lot of people are basing their view of him on what they saw a year ago. From what I have seen of him on Scottish TV, he looks bigger and fitter without losing his mobility.

My point is moot however as he WILL go and we WILL take the money.

Miller would do Brookers job effectively I am sure. A lot of people are basing their view of him on what they saw a year ago. From what I have seen of him on Scottish TV, he looks bigger and fitter without losing his mobility.

My point is mute however as he WILL go and we WILL take the money.

I don't think he could do Brookers job effectively. He just isnt strong enough for the English game. Come on the Scottish Prem consists of the equivilent of 2 mid table Premiership teams and the rest is league 1 and 2 sides.

Scottish football is poor!

no chance any of you can say well done to the big man?

Well deserved IMO

From what I have seen of him up there, I agree. I was surprised when he wasn't in the futures squad, but I guess this explains that omission, well done Lee Granny Joy must be a proud lady today! biggrin.gif

no chance any of you can say well done to the big man?

Well deserved IMO

well said, congrats lee you deserve it, i knew he would go on to better things and i wish him all the best, just hope he scores for scots so mr lansdown can add an extra half a million on top!!!

The sad thing is at the moment he is our player and we have all but let him slip from our grasp. sad.gif

Do you think if we were trying to tempt a young, up and coming player, scoring regularly for Hearts and just been named in the scotland squad, he would look at us twice now?

Look what can happen if the Manager and fans have confidence in your ability. Everyone is happy.

Edit; Butterflybairn, it goes without saying that I would congratulate him! hug.gifaction-smiley-033.gifhug.gif

Guest butterflybairn

Makes me proud to have seen him come through at Falkirk to get to that stage and still only be 21. Well done Lee!

Robert Page plays for Wales, Lee Miller is in the Scotland Squad............who honestly believes in a GB 11, I will stick with Terry & Rooney thanks!

Once again the comparision is wrong, Lee is considered good enough to be in a squad that contains players that would be far too good for this division. Thats what makes or inability to find a place for him so strange and frustrating.

I don't think he could do Brookers job effectively.  He just isnt strong enough for the English game. Come on the Scottish Prem consists of the equivilent of 2 mid table Premiership teams and the rest is league 1 and 2 sides.

Scottish football is poor!

I wont argue with the Old Firm, but to say the SPL is made up of 'League 1 and 2 sides' is just.... wrong.

There are a number of SPL sides that could hold their own in the Championship.

In fact, Leicester manager Craig Levein has stated he would have expected his Hearts side to have been good enough to win the Championship.

I'm delighted for LM (games against Celtic aside). He is playing for a bigger, better side then us and doing the business. If he doesn't go to Aberdeen, Hearts or anyone else in Scotland, it seems he may have done enough to earn himself a move to an English club in a higher division then ourselves, where hopefully he can make himself a success.

Despite the absolute awfulness of the Scottish national team mad.gif I don't think Miller will get called up. There's surely still better options than him. That being said, if he does get capped, get him back to Ashton Gate...having an England u21 and a Scottish international in a League One side would be great.

Not sure whether this is really great news for Bristol, as your chairman Steve Lansdown will no doubt raise his asking price yet again, probably too far.

Miller will not be going to Aberdee, they simply cannot afford him but may make a bid of £300k. Managerless Hearts have already stated they will not be held to ransom, while at the same time know Miller is far from irreplaceable. Also, we look like aquiring a new defender from Brescia to replace current Scotland defenders so being in the Scotland team doesn't mean an awful lot.

I'm sure the rugby club will not care at all, Bristol CITY however will want to get the best deal going. The Scottish clubs might not have the money but a championship side will.

As far as I am aware no championship side have indicated an interest.

Guest ScottishRed
I wont argue with the Old Firm, but to say the SPL is made up of 'League 1 and 2 sides' is just.... wrong.

There are a number of SPL sides that could hold their own in the Championship.

In fact, Leicester manager Craig Levein has stated he would have expected his Hearts side to have been good enough to win the Championship.

I'm delighted for LM (games against Celtic aside). He is playing for a bigger, better side then us and doing the business. If he doesn't go to Aberdeen, Hearts or anyone else in Scotland, it seems he may have done enough to earn himself a move to an English club in a higher division then ourselves, where hopefully he can make himself a success.

Totally agree with you there. Those who dismiss the Scottish game are those who have never been to a game up there. As I've said dozens of times on here, most of the SPL sides would more than hold their own in the poor English Championship.

Many also say there are only 2 times that can win the SPL. Correct. But, realistically, how many can win the English Prem? Very often mentioned the gap between 1st and 3rd in the SPL. Well, have a look at the English Prem and La Liga. Same story there.

I'm delighted for Lee Miller (apart from when he's scored v Hibs!).

According to our website there are a couple apparently and Hull City's name has been mentioned as well.

Ye, according to Mr Lansdown there were a couple of unnamed teams 'taking a look'. farmer.gif

yes, and I'm sure Mr lansdown would know slightly more about who is interested in him then you.

I think its a clear case of him making Miller look more saught after than he may actually be. Why name Aberdeen and just "2 Championship sides". Why not name these sides aswell?...

What happened to his 'demand' of a bid from Hearts. Surely if he is 'demanding' other clubs make a bid for his player - he is getting a tad desperate?

The lee miller situation has become a joke, despite all the stupid jokes about scottish football miller is obviosuly a very good player, just hasnt had a proper run of games as the main man here

what so 1 whole season here wasnt long enough? he could of made himself the main man in that time imo

I think its a clear case of him making Miller look more saught after than he may actually be. Why name Aberdeen and just "2 Championship sides". Why not name these sides aswell?...

What happened to his 'demand' of a bid from Hearts. Surely if he is 'demanding' other clubs make a bid for his player - he is getting a tad desperate?

perhaps he said that because the championship sides didnt want to be known publicly being interested? Or they are just enquires and the Aberdeen interest is more then an enquiry?

Archived