IGNORED

Manure Take Over

madmax

Guest Tauntonman

Speaking as a BCFC fan whose Premiership club favourite is Man U I ask you, have you ever tried to get a ticket for Old Trafford?

Forget all that sentimental poo. This is the biggest football "brand" in thw world. That is what Glazer has bought. The "true" fans may rebel, but he will always fill the stadium.

Sad but true, and I speak as a company director.

Speaking as a BCFC fan whose Premiership club favourite is Man U I ask you, have you ever tried to get a ticket for Old Trafford?

Me I've managed to get a ticket, my Man U fan bloke had dragged me along twice.

He has to wait months to get a ticket, and thats off a family friend that works there. He did try and get FA cup tickets, and his friend, literally laughed down the phone at him!

Dollymarie

Guest MaloneFM

Pardon me for not giving a toss. But.

Man Utd 'fans' support their club over England. Yet England play their matches at Old Trafford.

For years or at least since they won the Premiership they have been banging on about being the biggest and best club in the world.

They dipped out of the FA cup to play in the farce that was the FIFA World Club Championship.

Rio Ferdinand cost £27 mill.

Now that Glazer has taken over the ticket prices may go up. They are anyway. And most of them live in Taiwan or London and watch it on MUTV. In their Man Utd pyjamas.

He is giving them £20 mill to buy players with. We could buy a new ground with that.

Alex Ferguson is a jolly old father christmas of a manager who never has a bad word to say about anyone.

Eamom Holmes supports Man Utd.

Roy Keane and Wayne Rooney accept referee descisions without question and are always fair minded.

Paul Scholes is NOT ginger.

They beat us in the 1909 FA cup final.

And I'm supposed to care about this? Please point out why?

Anyone.

Guest Tauntonman
Me I've managed to get a ticket, my Man U fan bloke had dragged me along twice.

He has to wait months to get a ticket, and thats off a family friend that works there. He did try and get FA cup tickets, and his friend, literally laughed down the phone at him!

Dollymarie

Exactly. I return to the basics of business (sorry). When demand exceeds supply, prices go up and such businesses which can create such demand become attractive investment opportunities.

By the way Dollymarie, although my username is Tauntonman, I actually live in Redland. BS6 fans are OK !! Not quite as exclusive as BS8 I have to admit !

..other managers..other players..other clubs..the current Pope..the weather...and probably you!

How did you guess, cant stand the arrogant barstool!

By the way Dollymarie, although my username is Tauntonman, I actually live in Redland. BS6 fans are OK !! Not quite as exclusive as BS8 I have to admit !

And its the perk of being a nanny, I get to live in the flat above the house.

Dollymarie

Guest MaloneFM
And its the perk of being a nanny, I get to live in the flat above the house.

Can you do all the Mary Poppins ship like snapping the fingers and toys fly away, talking to birds, and flying with an umbrella?

Or are you just a hired skivvy?

Please feel free the embellish the truth/lie like a weasel at this point.

Forget all that sentimental poo. This is the biggest football "brand" in thw world. That is what Glazer has bought. The "true" fans may rebel, but he will always fill the stadium.

Sad but true, and I speak as a company director.

Tickets are very easy to come by, for most matches at home you just need to know where to get them.

Maybe your right, but the club has moved a massive step backwards today and McCrick is blind to this fact, thats's funny though.

I can't wait to see what the share value will do over the next month, but i look forward much more to seeing the worms face when he admits, someday to making the biggest business blunder in decades by taking control of somthing he can't control.

Glazer Out.

Guest MaloneFM

Is the WRONG answer!

I was at least expecting...'well I copped off with Dick Van Dyke once and we got chimney sweeps stomping about all over the bloody roof right now'

You are a let down Dollymarie

Is the WRONG answer!

I was at least expecting...'well I copped off with Dick Van Dyke once and we got chimney sweeps stomping about all over the bloody roof right now'

You are a let down Dollymarie

Sorry, think my man would kick my butt if I went anywhere near D Van D

Although he wouldnt object to me playing about on the roof, as my life insurance is fully paid up!

Cant fly either sorry, and my brollie is only a "little miss naughty" one!

I will try harder next time, must do better!

Dollymarie

Guest Vodared

I work for the sponsors of MU and can get tickets anytime. Nice to see that when I was offered tickets for Deportivo I turned them down to watch City play Wycombe.Their club has no passion so who gives a ######.

Guest Tactical Genius

Press statement from Glazer

Dear Soccer fans,

As you all know, i've been looking to buy the United's of Manchester for a little while now. I've also heard that some of you may not be too happy about me using, sorry, buying the club in order to reach new heights and also, that I may not be a fan.

Well fear not, as i'm writing this personal letter to let you know that i'm a genuine fan of you blue devils.

I began rooting for the United's back in 1992 when our little Malcolm JR was practising those Soccer home runs out in the yard. I loved the way you turned defence into offence, and the way that Bobby Shearer used to top half it into the goal bag. Oh man, that play was hot. My son tells me that you even out-zoned your City rivals Southampton in the 4th quarter of the FA World series.

As for your current team, that Rude guy is awesome!!!! I see a profitable future at the United, with the young talent of Cristiano Rooney (man, that guy can dance!) and Peter Shilton giving us hope in defeating the evil Russian tyranny which assaults the freedom of our beloved Soccer.

With the marketing potential of those Neville brothers and that Pearce dude leading the team, we can all look to acheiving our beliefs of a better future. Especially when I add Alexei Lalas and Cobi Jones to the starting 15.

Now to you, the fans.

I've been to see the United's play once before, and the respect you pay your team in silently admiring the play out on the pitch was overwhelming. Because of this, i've just purchased a new £45 million mansion in the Manchester to be close to you guys. And more good news is i'm planning to add an extra 10,000 seats through corporate boxes so more genuine blue devils can experience the play.

What's with the prawn sandwiches I had to eat when I was there? Well, rest assured, it'll be super size prawn baguettes when I take charge.

I can't wait to come over to the Manchester isles, as I love the country, especially the beaches and the hot chicks.

I hope you can all see my vision of this future, with new shirt sponsors (Dunkin Donuts) and new team name (The Manchester Gloom) i'm sure things are looking bright.

*Further good news for you guys is that i've just agreed a partnership deal with McDonalds, who will help in promoting the Manchester brand. This will involve re-naming the stadium to 'McTrafford' as well as an exciting launch of Manchester Gloom plastic fan toys in every happy meal.

Cristiano Rooney will be the face of this campaign and during this, he will be marketed globally as Roonald McDonald.

Take care dudes.

MG.

You got to feel sorry for the fans, London will be in mourning as well as other parts of the country !  whistling.gif

MM

too true, then again, i expect bristol is just as bad, i know shed loads of Man UTD "fans", who claim to be fans because they drove past manchester on the m6 and saw the stadium with some binoculars. Bristol City for me, i aint no glory hunter. (then again its sad that i aint a glory hunter by supporting City}

too true, then again, i expect bristol is just as bad, i know shed loads of Man UTD "fans", who claim to be fans because they drove past manchester on the m6 and saw the stadium with some binoculars. Bristol City for me, i aint no glory hunter. (then again its sad that i aint a glory hunter by supporting City}

Yeah but at least our first team is Bristol City, born and bred. We all have second teams, mine being Aston Villa and I see them at least 5 times a season ! dunno.gif

Why do I not feel sad about Manure ?

MM

Yeah but at least our first team is Bristol City, born and bred.  We all have second teams, mine being Aston Villa and I see them at least 5 times a season !  dunno.gif

Why do I not feel sad about Manure ?

MM

i don't have a 2nd team, but i look out for results of Yeovil , Gretna & Elgin..

I do feel sorry for the true Man UTD fans that live in Manchester, born into Man UTD families / go to all the games since a kid etc, now they have to be associated with Chavs from North London, and some Yank who wants to destroy the club.

The press statement from Tactical Genius (above) was well funny

Yeah but at least our first team is Bristol City, born and bred.  We all have second teams, mine being Aston Villa and I see them at least 5 times a season !  dunno.gif

Villa? Are you insane? The ground is a morgue, and their fans have a vastly over inflated sense of importance.

If you're going to watch football in Brum then its got to be at St Andrews.

Villa? Are you insane?  The ground is a morgue, and their fans have a vastly over inflated sense of importance.

If you're going to watch football in Brum then its got to be at St Andrews.

Agree, it is a bit like AG, but it's Prem football and I was introduced through my Bro-in-Law so it kind of grew on me.

I find Villa supporters really freindly and knowledgable about Bristol football and they know a lot about City more so than the Gas.

As for St. Andrews, you try and get a ticket. I've tried and failed. A freinds wife is a season ticket holder and I was invited up by them as he had her fathers ticket but I couldn't get a ticket...the day they went on sale !!

MM

Just saw this classic on cnn.com

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SPORT/football/05/...azer/index.html

First paragraph:

LONDON, England -- Manchester United fans are promising a war of attrition against U.S. sports tycoon Malcolm Glazer.....

Even the yanks know you have to go to London to find the ManUre fans!!

Well made I laugh...  rofl2br.gif

bloody yanks, you chat to a yank and they say 2 things.

1 - are you from london

2 - do you know john smith

I've been to america loads of times, the lasses there are soooooooo fine, but they ask the stupidest questions (mainly the 2 above that i mentioned). I had some yankie lass ask me "do you have cows in England?".. whistling.gif

But they love the english accent, they loved my accent, and ive got a strong west country accent, but they know it's english and they love it. However, i did put it on a tad, but not much...

The yankie guys are strange though, this Glazier guy seems like a twunt... Hopefully going over there after i finish uni, to Vegas to spend the rest of the money i have left, then might work over there for a year out..

Yanks are stupid, but the lasses are sooo fit..

bloody yanks, you chat to a yank and they say 2 things.

1 - are you from london

2 - do you know john smith

I've been to america loads of times, the lasses there are soooooooo fine, but they ask the stupidest questions (mainly the 2 above that i mentioned). I had some yankie lass ask me "do you have cows in England?".. whistling.gif

But they love the english accent, they loved my accent, and ive got a strong west country accent, but they know it's english and they love it. However, i did put it on a tad, but not much...

The yankie guys are strange though, this Glazier guy seems like a twunt... Hopefully going over there after i finish uni, to Vegas to spend the rest of the money i have left, then might work over there for a year out..

Yanks are stupid, but the lasses are sooo fit..

Yeah when i went to america, they asked me where i was from in england so i said bristol, 'Is that a suburb of london?' is what the bloke said, ranting.gif

Also some girl asked me to say 'i'm going to the queen's house for crumpets' rofl2br.gif

to be honest though, all I need to know are New York, Florida, Washington DC, Las Vegas, Chicago and Los Angeles. And i know where they all are. The rest of America is just making up the numbers. Who wants to go to Norfolk in Nebraska???

and to be honest, as we are such a small country in comparison, i'd say London was close to Bristol, when you have to consider that most states are bigger than England. But it p155e5 me off when they always think of London though.

Guest we8thegas
to be honest though, all I need to know are New York, Florida, Washington DC, Las Vegas, Chicago and Los Angeles. And i know where they all are. The rest of America is just making up the numbers. Who wants to go to Norfolk in Nebraska???

Who wants to go to Norfolk is this country let alone Nebraska in the U S of A ?wink.gif

Archived