IGNORED

Manure Take Over

madmax

Who wants to go to Norfolk is this country let alone Nebraska in the U S of A ?wink.gif

that's true, but that is my point, the rest of the USA is just space and people, whereas all the important places that people wanna see are the one's i mentioned in my earlier post.

Yeah when i went to america, they asked me where i was from in england so i said bristol, 'Is that a suburb of london?' is what the bloke said,  ranting.gif

I had the same thing, I went to America, and someone said to me "Oh you're from England.....do you know the Queen?!?!"

Yeah like course I do!

Dollymarie

Guest we8thegas
I had the same thing, I went to America, and someone said to me "Oh you're from England.....do you know the Queen?!?!"

Yeah like course I do!

Dollymarie

Really,wow whistling.gif

Agree, it is a bit like AG, but it's Prem football and I was introduced through my Bro-in-Law so it kind of grew on me.

I find Villa supporters really freindly and knowledgable about Bristol football and they know a lot about City more so than the Gas.

As for St. Andrews, you try and get a ticket.  I've tried and failed.  A freinds wife is a season ticket holder and I was invited up by them as he had her fathers ticket but I couldn't get a ticket...the day they went on sale !!

MM

The circles that I mixed in during my eight years in Birmingham taught me that Villa fans were living on the European Cup win and as such had a superiority complex over their south City cousins. Having been taken to approx 20 games of each club over the years I think I've had a more down to earth experience at St. Andrews. The Blues fans don't expect too much from life and the ground rocks (Tilton end especially) to its foundations.

Keep right on to the end of the road, etc, etc....

How is Glazer going to make his money.  According to many people, he plans to pull out of the current Sky TV deal, and negotiate a single deal with Sky.  As such the smaller clubs will most likely earn less money, and the whole of English football could suffer, including us.

We suffer already, man u get too much money from all these glory hunters like lukejones2, buying shirts, merchandise etc, when they could be spending the money at there local club i.e. city.

I don't know what the problem is with glazer, he's just a typical man u fan if you ask me! Never been to old trafford, but how many man u fans have??

Never been to old trafford, but how many man u fans have??

I work with a guy who was born in Charlton, Lives in Bristol and 'supports' Manure. He's never been to Old Trafford, owns all their merchandise and even has a Manure tatoo. He has MANU TV and watches all games and reserves on TV.

Last time he seen them play....at Ashton Gate many years ago in a preseason friendly !! dunno.gif

Work that out !!

MM

We suffer already, man u get too much money from all these glory hunters like lukejones2, buying shirts, merchandise etc, when they could be spending the money at there local club i.e. city.

are you saying I don't? Do you know that? In actual fact I spend a hell of a lot of my money and, more importantly time, on City. Not that it has anything at all to do with you what I do with the money I legally earn.

And I am not a glory hunter. I have previously stated my reasons for supporting Utd and do not intend to do so here.

I suggest you depersonalise your post and your point may be considerably more valid.

are you saying I don't? Do you know that? In actual fact I spend a hell of a lot of my money and, more importantly time, on City.  Not that it has anything at all to do with you what I do with the money I legally earn.

And I am not a glory hunter.  I have previously stated my reasons for supporting Utd and do not intend to do so here.

I suggest you depersonalise your post and your point may be considerably more valid.

Are you from manchester? if not have you ever lived in the man utd area of manchester?? if not then all you say is just blah blah blah, and your just a typical man u fan!

Another Elgin fan!!

I look out for their results a few times a season but can never work out how they finish their league. From November to march every game seems to be cancelled.

i have no reason to support elgin, i just randomly decided to pick 2 scottish teams to watch out for. Gretna are the dogs b0110ck5, elgin are getting better.

i have no reason to support elgin, i just randomly decided to pick 2 scottish teams to watch out for. Gretna are the dogs b0110ck5, elgin are getting better.

I don't think anyon has a reason to support Elgin.

My housemate's gran came from Elgin and I always enjoyed waiting for the pools panel result!

Are you from manchester? if not have you ever lived in the man utd area of manchester?? if not then all you say is just blah blah blah, and your just a typical man u fan!

no.

no.

your fact is incorrect.

That depends on what the "typical" United fan is.

In recent times I have cared for Manchester United about as much as their fans have probably cared about us, i.e. sod all, and I do see a lot of irony in the fact that the one of the methods they have used to raise cash and "develop the brand", i.e. a stockmarket flotation, has come back to haunt them. However, as someone who has a few mates with Old Trafford season tickets, I know that my mates are very f-ed off by Glazer coming in and buying the club: as a floated PLC with a diverse ownership, the club was, arguably, soundly run as a model to all other clubs (no debt, wage bill < 50% turnover, own their ground etc). But, potentially, as the personal plaything of a billonaire with no visible history of supporting the sport, let alone the club, its a different story. The difference with Glazer and Abramovich is that the latter cleaned out the debts, gave a blank cheque to build an enviable squad, whereas the former has burdenend (sp?) the club with a shed-load of debt. Basically, if it was my club, I'd be fighting it. As an outsider, its funny, in a sick sort of a way.

Archived