IGNORED

Today's Wdp

GrahamC

Claims that Tinnion still wants to sign another striker and centre half.

It is often hard to know whether to believe this paper, but with another keeper certain to come in, if this true that would mean 7 new players this season, which is surely too many to accommodate at one time?

I can only presume that a swap involving Tommy Doc for Coughan would take care of the centre half, but the target man (which I would expect to be Henderson of Gillingham) seems totally unnecessary as we already have Stewart, Lita and Brooker competing for 2 places, so how is anyone else going to get much of a look in?

The article also seems to imply Jamie Smith will leave as it emphasises that Tinnion sees Carey solely as a right back.

Perhaps Luke Beckett if he was happy to compete with Brooker for a place, he's on the transfer list at Sheffield United.

I think this probably means Gillespie will be loaned out or let go by the club now then.

As for the defender Couglan would be good if we could persuade Plynmouth to take Doherty

If SMith goes it would free up a decent sum of money on wages too.

Claims that Tinnion still wants to sign another striker and centre half.

It is often hard to know whether to believe this paper, but with another keeper certain to come in, if this true that would mean 7 new players this season, which is surely too many to accommodate at one time?

I can only presume that a swap involving Tommy Doc for Coughan would take care of the centre half, but the target man (which I would expect to be Henderson of Gillingham) seems totally unnecessary as we already have Stewart, Lita and Brooker competing for 2 places, so how is anyone else going to get much of a look in?

The article also seems to imply Jamie Smith will leave as it emphasises that Tinnion sees Carey solely as a right back.

apart from the fact that they spout complete t0ss for the most part, perhaps the central defender bit stems from Irelands release?

I sincerely hope he doesn't go for another striker, else we're right back in the mire again with disgruntled players not getting a game.

if true, what on earth is the point in slimming down a squad overall to have a sufeit of strikers?

devil.gif

The article talks about a target man and Beckett is no taller than Stewart.

Ireland has joined Falkirk as stated.

Smith may go, but the thought that he is a high earner is a bit of a myth, he signed for us last August having been without a club all summer, I reckon he'd be no more than a middle earner with us at best.

I can imagine it being somebody like coughlan fo the defence place with Tommy doc going the other way plus cash!

For the striker role i can imagine city trying to sign either a non league player.... or somebody from the league below maybe somebody like jonathon parkin if cash was made available.

Neither is Brooker its the strength to hold up the ball that may interest Tinion

if he DID sign another big bloke, when would brooker get a game?

(or gillespie??) and do you think they would be happy sitting it out.

Brian needs to realise man management is going to be vital this time

(not that it isn't everytime, but with Marcus on board he will have to tread lightly or expect an exodus)

Please not a target man (and all that that implies) if Brooker and Lita can score 40-50 goals with poor service, lets concentrate on improving the service to 3 great strikers and shoring up the defence to stop goals going in.

is it me or is that fairly ****in' obvious?

devil.gif

I read the article and the key phrase is "if anything happens to Brooks" - I think the driver is the new transfer window regulations covering the Football League next season. We can't afford to be caught without cover for key positions. What I don't know (because I haven't been rrrrsed to look yet) is what the rules for loan players will be.

I read the article and the key phrase is "if anything happens to Brooks" - I think the driver is the new transfer window regulations covering the Football League next season. We can't afford to be caught without cover for key positions. What I don't know (because I haven't been rrrrsed to look yet) is what the rules for loan players will be.

would it not be a better bet to use Heywood as an emergency big bloke, I think he can play upfront (most defenders can after a fashion) if brooker was long term injured then we might have to learn to play a better passing game and keep the ball on the deck anyhow!!

(I thought Tinnion was going on about increasing the tempo of our game anyhow, are we going to play high speed long ball stuff or what?)

devil.gif

Duke Duke Duke Duke Duke Duke Duke Duke Duke Duke Duke Duke Duke Duke

Go on make it 3.

Duke, Duke he's your man. If he can't do it most people can!

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

DUKE

(I thought Tinnion was going on about increasing the tempo of our game anyhow, are we going to play high speed long ball stuff or what?)

devil.gif

To be honest mate,I don't care how we play next season the only bother to me is to get out of this poxy division! Even if it is by playing long ball!

would it not be a better bet to use Heywood as an emergency big bloke, I think he can play upfront (most defenders can after a fashion) if brooker was long term injured then we might have to learn to play a better passing game and keep the ball on the deck anyhow!!

devil.gif

Whatever the tempo, don't you think an aerial presence is required in each of the danger areas? (particularly at set pieces)

Go on make it 3.

Duke, Duke he's your man. If he can't do it most people can!

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

DUKE

Erm......No.

Lita,Brooker,Stewart,Cotterill and Gillespie are all relatively short in height.City still lack a "battering ram" striker in the mould of Howard at Luton.Someone who can bully the opposition defenders.You don't need one every week but in Division one its a very usefull to have someone you can bring on if your regular strikers are getting beaten up.

Someone like Dele Adebola or Brian Deane would fit the bill.

Lita,Brooker,Stewart,Cotterill and Gillespie are all relatively short in height.City still lack a "battering ram" striker in the mould of Howard at Luton.Someone who can bully the opposition defenders.You don't need one every week but in Division one its a very usefull to have someone you can bring on if your regular strikers are getting beaten up.

Someone like Dele Adebola or Brian Deane would fit the bill.

I reckon Steve Howard from luton would be ok.

Our two strikers scored 50+ goals last season and we have just signed Marcus Stewart.

Why oh why do we need another striker?

Tinnion is shooting himself in the foot just when I thought he'd turned a corner.

A centre back and goalkeeper cover should be of the upmost importance. Stewart can play the target man role as long as we play it into his feet. His close control and upper body strength is brilliant.

Personally I don't think we'll sign another striker UNLESS Lita moves on. Seems we're definetly searching for a centre back which is good news. Not sure it's Coughlan or Ireland though... shifty.gif

Archived