IGNORED

Today's Wdp

GrahamC

Our two strikers scored 50+ goals last season and we have just signed Marcus Stewart.

Why oh why do we need another striker?

Tinnion is shooting himself in the foot just when I thought he'd turned a corner.

A centre back and goalkeeper cover should be of the upmost importance. Stewart can play the target man role as long as we play it into his feet. His close control and upper body strength is brilliant.

Personally I don't think we'll sign another striker UNLESS Lita moves on. Seems we're definetly searching for a centre back which is good news. Not sure it's Coughlan or Ireland though...  shifty.gif

Its certainly no Ireland- he signed for some Scottish team this week.

Didn't you read my post?  dunno.gif

Yes, but I wasn't responding to your post.

For the record I think you're wrong by the way. You don't 'need' a target man to get out of this division.

We DO NOT need a target man to get out of this division, we need a centre back.

If you can't see that then you must be as stupid as Tinnion.

For the record I think you're wrong by the way. You don't 'need' a target man to get out of this division.

I agree that we don't need a target man every week but there were times last season when Brooker and Lita were struggling to get a kick against 6'4' man mountains and they were getting pushed and shoved around.In those situations it would have been helpfull to have a battering ram on the bench to change things.Last season Heffernan was the only striker option on the bench and he was even more lightwieght than the other two.

I also agree that City need another center back above another striker but I wouldn't be suprised at all to see City sign a target man as well.

I agree that we don't need a target man every week but there were times last season when Brooker and Lita were struggling to get a kick against 6'4' man mountains and they were getting pushed and shoved around.In those situations it would have been helpfull to have a battering ram on the bench to change things.Last season Heffernan was the only striker option on the bench and he was even more lightwieght than the other two.

I also agree that City need another center back above another striker but I wouldn't be suprised at all to see City sign a target man as well.

In my opinion the article is not true anyway. I don't think a target man is particularly high on Tinnion's shopping list.

It's probably:

1. 'keeper

2. central defender

3. target man

If you can't see that then you must be as stupid as Tinnion.

Hartlepool did pretty well last season and boyd and the other bloke barely reach 6 foot four between them

Lita,Brooker,Stewart,Cotterill and Gillespie are all relatively short in height.City still lack a "battering ram" striker in the mould of Howard at Luton.Someone who can bully the opposition defenders.You don't need one every week but in Division one its a very usefull to have someone you can bring on if your regular strikers are getting beaten up.

Someone like Dele Adebola or Brian Deane would fit the bill.

I'd be loathe to see a player like Brian Deane at this club. I think that players with a 1st touch are a must for the way we play. However I do agree that an extra bit of strength and height would not go amiss. Give us and extra option to come off the bench and knock people about.

I reckon Steve Howard from luton would be ok.

From Lu'on fans I understand wages are a sticking point there, he thinks he's worth more than Lu'on are prepared to pay.

Does City need more high wages players, with a prima donna attitide?

We need a strong team spirit, somehow, cant see howard adding to that, good option that he is. Let alone the dropping a division issue. rolleyes.gif

Archived