IGNORED

Tommy Docs

Waffleflap

Stumbling block could be the three tier salary deal.Essentially give 100% and you receive the full wage,give less than 100% receive nothing,simply turn-up and go through the motions & he has to pay the club.As whole hearted & honest as Holloway is T.D.would seem an odd-fit.

Did your source specify how QPR are going to pay for Tommy D?

I only ask because QPR have no money and Tommy is contracted with us until June 2006.

Thanks in advance.  sleeping.gif

It would be no suprise to see him leave for little or no money with an 'undisclosed' agreement.

Tinnion obviously wants him out and we've shipped others out or let them go for little or no money. (in the case of Dinning, I'd like to know what deal was done to pay off the remainder of his contract. He would have been able to sit tight and basically demand a pay off knowing that he was being shipped out. - don't get me wrong, he stiched us up and deserved to be given the boot, it's just it probably cost us quite a lot with his signing on fee as well)

I hope they don't cut their noses off to spite their face with this one. Hollowhead will probably offer about 50K over time or something derisory.

I still think it's a crying shame all round.

devil.gif

It would be no suprise to see him leave for little or no money with an 'undisclosed' agreement.

Tinnion obviously wants him out and we've shipped others out or let them go for little or no money. (in the case of Dinning, I'd like to know what deal was done to pay off the remainder of his contract. He would have been able to sit tight and basically demand a pay off knowing that he was being shipped out. - don't get me wrong, he stiched us up and deserved to be given the boot, it's just it probably cost us quite a lot with his signing on fee as well)

I hope they don't cut their noses off to spite their face with this one. Hollowhead will probably offer about 50K over time or something derisory.

I still think it's a crying shame all round.

devil.gif

Cheesley was "a crying shame", likewise Gerry Sharpe, Russell Musker etc.

TD has received unparalled support from the club and the fans throughout numerous absent and chequered seasons.

OK, he's a Bristol Boy who burst on the scene with the kind of all-action performances we all thought would endear him to us for the length of his City career.

In reality though, the love affair for most ended long ago, the Club have had to get by without him for a large amount of almost every season, and its long overdue for more consistant performers to be given the chance to drag City out of this division.

This time its no rumour.

Yep, Tom was supposed to attend a School coaching session & pupils were advised that he couldn't make it as he was in London.

I am affraid that TD will be leaving the club he has been with for many seasons.

Din't help himself, but questions asked as to why he went down hill so much last season ?

Din't help himself, but questions asked as to why he went down hill so much last season ?

Doherty has had attitude problems for most of his career even as far back as Pulis.Wilson had problems with him and so did Tinnion.The difference last season was that Tinnion stood upto Doherty and confronted his behaviour and attitude and made it clear to that Tommy he had to shape up or leave the club.

Unfortunately for Doherty and BCFC Tommy failed to shape up and instead got stroppy and difficult which just confirmed to all that its time for him to move on.Shame because a fit and committed Doherty is a class act an and asset to the club.

This time its no rumour.

Without anything else to back it up of course it's a rumour!!!

A couple of years ago I'd have been very upset to lose Tommy, but if he does go this time then it's a sad reflection of his recent time here that it will be no great loss.

Doherty has had attitude problems for most of his career even as far back as Pulis.Wilson had problems with him and so did Tinnion.The difference last season was that Tinnion stood upto Doherty and confronted his behaviour and attitude and made it clear to that Tommy he had to shape up or leave the club.

Unfortunately for Doherty and BCFC Tommy failed to shape up and instead got stroppy and difficult which just confirmed to all that its time for him to move on.Shame because a fit and committed Doherty is a class act an and asset to the club.

Strange that because as I recall the guy was injured for a very long period and then when he did get back into the team he was a great success so much so that Wilson made him captain. His form last season under Wilson got him into the NI team and led to rave reviews for his performances against teams such as Spain. Now under Tins we are led to believe that he has an attitude problem. Maybe Tins just doesnt have the managerial ability to bring the best out of him but hey whats the problem after all we have Bradley Orr (no ability but first class attitude!) Holloway is unfortunately no fool and will be getting a bargain at our expense as he has in the past. Meanwhile City are chasing after a Torquay striker they don't need.

Strange that because as I recall the guy was injured for a very long period and then when he did get back into the team he was a great success so much so that Wilson made him captain. His form last season under Wilson got him into the NI team and led to rave reviews for his performances against teams such as Spain. Now under Tins we are led to believe that he has an attitude problem. Maybe Tins just doesnt have the managerial ability to bring the best out of him but hey whats the problem after all we have Bradley Orr (no ability but first class attitude!) Holloway is unfortunately no fool and will be getting a bargain at our expense as he has in the past. Meanwhile City are chasing after a Torquay striker they don't need.

I'm afraid I totally agree.

I think Tinnions intentions are good, he seems (to me) to lack the finesse in dealing with certain players and situations. He clearly jumps in with both feet on occasions thinking that by wielding the big stick everyone will cower.

The problems with his teams discipline last season was all too evident with the yellow card count, yet certain players caught it in the neck more than others.

ph34r.gif

Strange that because as I recall the guy was injured for a very long period and then when he did get back into the team he was a great success so much so that Wilson made him captain.

Wilson made Doherty captain because he hoped that the responsibility of the job would curb Tommys petulance.It didn't and Doherty wasn't upto the job which is why Tinnion desposed him as captain.

His form last season under Wilson got him into the NI team and led to rave reviews for his performances against teams such as Spain.

No disrespect to N.I. but they are so short of players that virtually any professional has a chance of a cap and Doherty didn't even make the squad recently.

Now under Tins we are led to believe that he has an attitude problem. Maybe Tins just doesnt have the managerial ability to bring the best out of him but hey whats the problem after all we have Bradley Orr (no ability but first class attitude!)

Both Pulis and Wilson failed to manage Doherty and they have much more experience than Tinnion.Tinnion stood upto Doherty unlike the other two.

Holloway is unfortunately no fool and will be getting a bargain at our expense as he has in the past.

Who?

I'm afraid I totally agree.

I think Tinnions intentions are good, he seems (to me) to lack the finesse in dealing with certain players and situations. He clearly jumps in with both feet on occasions thinking that by wielding the big stick everyone will cower.

The problems with his teams discipline last season was all too evident with the yellow card count, yet certain players caught it in the neck more than others.

ph34r.gif

Discipline last season

Seems to me the right players caught it in the neck, especially when you consider how many games they played. Also there's a marked difference between a footballing booking for a foul and a needless petulant booking for dissent or foul language (even after the game?!).

Perhaps Tinnion lacks finesse, perhaps he thinks molly coddling prima donnas that haven't been good enough to get promoted is the wrong way to manage and disillusions those players who have a professional attitude.

TD's future is and has always been in his own hands.

I do find it slightly ironic that Tinnion appeared to be one of the quickest to argue with the ref though.

Nibor

Discipline last season

Seems to me the right players caught it in the neck, especially when you consider how many games they played.  Also there's a marked difference between a footballing booking for a foul and a needless petulant booking for dissent or foul language (even after the game?!).

Then it's funny that golden balls gets the full support of the club for similar offences.

I do find it slightly ironic that Tinnion appeared to be one of the quickest to argue with the ref though.

Nibor

Yeap. Maybe that's a reason why the players have found it hard to adjust with him being a manager. Kev Nugunt was very surprised when Tinman was appointed because (and this surprised me) the players thought that he played up to the crowd rather than playing for the team. The times that he used to close down the ball when the goalie had it, and when he rushed at the wingers really annoyed the other players who had to cover him, who would have mainly been a central midfield player.

Yep, a fit & commited TD would be an asset to BCFC.

Its a pity that he will go elsewhere to realise this.

Ironic,but TD could well find more respect from an ex Gashead, than he does from a 'so called' City legend.

TD has done himself no favours, but strong in his belief that BT is not a manager he wants to work under.

BT obviously wants him out & I feel this reflects wrongly on TD.

All of a sudden TD has been a problem player & one that NO manager could control. ?

Respect for fellow professionals go a long way in this game.

As a matter of interest how does one know TP & DW had problems with TD ? dunno.gif

Stroppy & difficult - why ? dunno.gif 

Then it's funny that golden balls gets the full support of the club for similar offences.

Yeap. Maybe that's a reason why the players have found it hard to adjust with him being a manager. Kev Nugunt was very surprised when Tinman was appointed because (and this surprised me) the players thought that he played up to the crowd rather than playing for the team. The times that he used to close down the ball when the goalie had it, and when he rushed at the wingers really annoyed the other players who had to cover him, who would have mainly been a central midfield player.

Perhaps Tinman had to go closing down opponents, because nobody else could be bothered?

If it was annoying the other players, surely the manager of the time would have been aware of this and sorted it out? dunno.gif

I have heard from a reliable source that he is in secret talks with QPR.Not so secret anymore though.you heard it first.Be slightly gutted if he left but sometimes you've got to move on.

i have heard the same, the sourse is from a mate of tommy who plays non league football in this area

Perhaps Tinman had to go closing down opponents, because nobody else could be bothered?

I don't think it was that. I think we've all seen him close down players when really there was no need. One out of five he would deflect the ball either into touch or into our favour but there were times when we could have made it hard for them to find a target to pass to.

If it was annoying the other players, surely the manager of the time would have been aware of this and sorted it out?  dunno.gif

I don't know, but I know that this was what Kev Nugent said and believed.

I remember Tinman doing that, like against Barnsley(?) in the last minute the season before last when he ran to take the corner by the Atyeo. Miller then nutted the perfect resultant corner into the roof of the net for the winner.

Playing to the crowd or getting the crowd going for the benefit of the team when many others have no energy or desire left? Its called leading by example, and is what the Captain should have been doing but wasn't.

It might well have annoyed other players because by giving his all right to the end he was showing a few of them up.

Does anyone actually care what the Great Kevin Nugent apparently said?

I remember Tinman doing that, like against Barnsley(?) in the last minute the season before last when he ran to take the corner by the Atyeo. Miller then nutted the perfect resultant corner into the roof of the net for the winner.

Playing to the crowd or getting the crowd going for the benefit of the team when many others have no energy or desire left? Its called leading by example, and is what the Captain should have been doing but wasn't.

It might well have annoyed other players because by giving his all right to the end he was showing a few of  them up.

Does anyone actually care what the Great Kevin Nugent apparently said?

Spot on.

Archived