IGNORED

Retro '70's Tops

Tinmansleftboot

Hi People. Not been on here in well over a year, so apologies if this has already been asked.

Having seen the new home top I just can't bring myself to part with my hard earned cash, on what I would call, a substandard fob off. So, with this in mind I think I'll opt for the retro top. Has anybody got one already? What material is it made of ? And finally, is it worthy of my hard earned cash?

My very considerate son bought me one for Father's Day (Good lad) biggrin.gif

It's cotton, rather than the nylon stuff that football shirts are made of. Not bad quality, although it's got that strange new badge on the tag inside the shirt for some reason blink.gif

Pretty good IMHO

Guest mesa boogie
Hi People.  Not been on here in well over a year, so apologies if this has already been asked.

Having seen the new home top I just can't bring myself to part with my hard earned cash, on what I would call, a substandard fob off.  So, with this in mind I think I'll opt for the retro top.  Has anybody got one already?  What material is it made of ? And finally, is it worthy of my hard earned cash?

I've purchased Rovers and England ones off the Toffs website, they're really good. The Old Fashioned Football Shirt Company

Hi People.  Not been on here in well over a year, so apologies if this has already been asked.

Having seen the new home top I just can't bring myself to part with my hard earned cash, on what I would call, a substandard fob off.  So, with this in mind I think I'll opt for the retro top.  Has anybody got one already?  What material is it made of ? And finally, is it worthy of my hard earned cash?

I got one and really like it. I have a Toffs one too, which is thicker and heavier as well as being long-sleeved and featuring the "Virtute Et Indutsria" motto. They're both good options as they are quite different.

Guest ashtonyate

I got one for fathers day its ok and remined me of the glory days of the 70s when we had a team to follow.

probably good value for £25.00. nice but short sleeved ranting.gif

just been on the toffs site suggested by messa boogie and

ordered their 70's retro shirt with long sleeves!

more expensive but hopefully it will be well made. city.gif

I can't speak highly enough of TOFFS shirts, they are first rate!

The great thing about the retro tops is a) they remind us of better times! and b) they don't go out of date as quickly as a new shirt. I've had a TOFFS shirt for over 6 years and it still looks cool!

Retro shirts also don't have awful sponsors emblazoned across the chest.

Mark may like to know that if you buy a shirt from TOFFS they actually offer to affix numbers on the shirts in authentic (sewn-on) style (at least they used to).

Guest MaloneFM

I must agree with my undead colleague.

TFG are not classic shirts. An associate of mine has the 1955 John Atyeo style shirt with a number 9 sewn on the back. It is good quality cotton and he has had this for about 10 years.

It bloody stinks. He should get it washed.

Guest MaloneFM

No Vincent it doesn't.

How do you get 50 chavs in a phone box? Paint three stripes on it. Its a classic and it wasn't made by Umbro who didn't put stripes on and never have.

Guest mesa boogie
Rog, Rog, Rog.  That old first division kit definitely had umbro stripes.

On an unrelated point, i saw your old mucker, Richard Wyatt, cycling along the dockside in a most alarming manner yesterday.........

Bugger sad.gif

I can't beleave Vince Noir is a sheedhead. He's on my list of heroes too. crying.gif

the retro tops are really nice, i got the home and away tops, the material is thick

100% cotton, the badge is spot on and the only thing missing is the umbro logo

and umbro stripes on the arms, but failing that they are nice, well worth the money.

Archived