IGNORED

Carling Cup

Dollymarie

If we get a big home game it can be worth a lot of money, a Giant like the Mancs, Arsenel or Chelsea could generate a six figure sum if we reach the latter stages.

So very much worth it, can't say the same for the LDV vans Trophy though, I mean no disrecpect but a certain mouse springs to mind.

As I've seen City twice in the semi final (Spurs & Forest) , yes I care , we never seem to go far in the FA Cup (I know about the wins over Leeds & Chelsea & Liverpool) so maybe , one day in this tournament we might go all the way (QPR & Swindon did)

You've got to have a dream

cos' if you havn't got a dream

how are you going to have a dream come true dance.gif

The other one involves Kylie and several Russian ladies tennis players , but that's private devil.gif

Report on the main site now that confirms City have been seeded for next tuesdays draw, so we could get Rovers or Yeovil.  Anybody care?

http://www.bcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~677090,00.html

Dollymarie

Actually I kind of care. If we get a home game and a good opponent I'm likely to come over a little earlier so I cna catch another game.

I think people care about who we draw as opposed to the cup itself.

I think for a club like City it is potentially very good. If we get through a couple of rounds and hopefully draw a premiership team not only is it financially rewarding, it's also good for fans to watch City take on a "big" club.

I think we should take the cup seriously and will be interested to see who we draw, the game against Everton last season will probably end up in my top ten of best ever games to attend.

I also enjoyed dumping Watford out a couple of seasons ago.

Guest Tactical Genius

In fairness, except for the year we won it, we have more often than not fielded experimental sides in the LDV in the last few seasons.

The reality is that City ain't going to win the Carling or FA Cup but both competitions should be treated as potential money spinners and therefore it matters to me who City draw in the Carling and that City make it through to the 3rd round of the FA Cup at least.

City have played Southampton and Everton in the last two seasons at AG both in the Carling but failed to draw a "big club "in the FA Cup.Both games attracted big crowds which a small difference to the coffers.

As for the LDV.Teams lose money on the early rounds and have to get to the semi final at least to make any dough out of it.It doesn't matter to me who City in the "Mickey Mouse Cup" at all.

I wish Luke and Dollymarie would stop flirting on the forum.... laugh.gif

Sorry... I just cant stop her! wink.gif I have that problem with girls....

(look.... - am I now flirting with Robbored!! ohmy.gif)

PS - I have had worse..... than Robbored I mean.... razz.gif

Perhaps Dolly finds blokes that look like Daffydd of Little Britain fame irresistable  razz.gif

Aplogies LJ2 and Dolly (couldn't resist) and Phatwill for recycling his joke from a few weeks back.  rolleyes.gif

Ok... may have to change that pic! shifty.gif

I wish Luke and Dollymarie would stop flirting on the forum.... laugh.gif

I wish people would stop thinking we are flirting, its just a bit of banter, and Andy Pandy would not be pleased if he thought I was flirting with other men!

And stop changing the subject luke!.....whats all these favours you claim to have done then?

Dollymarie

Archived