IGNORED

Wigan V Chelsea

Maesknoll Red

• Admin

Bloody Wigan, Wigan, remember their old ground, one stand, a cowshed, an open terrace and a grass bank for us away fans.

Poor little Wigan whom we have only played 11 times away, due to them being in a lower division than us, starting their season with a game against the Premiership Champions.................

Why has this club found it so hard to gain promotion and consolidate in a higher league?

I feel it has lacked a ruthless streak, perhaps the lack of competition for bums on seats is at fault, look at the N West, loads of clubs to choose from, City really have a massive catchment area, and have only had the sags to contend with, perhaps the emergence of Yeovil will serve as a reminder that the future Somerset fans will now have a choice of professional clubs to follow.

It's sad when you think about it, we really just missed that boat and look where it's taken Wigan.

given Championship football I can't see why we can't 'do a Wigan' and take the special step up.

dam this cursed League we are in, we really need to do it this season and stir things up praying smiley.gif

• Admin
Yes but they had a board prepared to spend money instead of peanuts

Dave Whelan has a fair bit of cash to throw around though......... his profit in 2002 was two thirds of the figure being banded about on here as the total worth of Hargreaves Lansdown and it makes Brandon Hire look like a corner shop.

Bloody Wigan, Wigan, remember their old ground, one stand, a cowshed, an open terrace and a grass bank for us away fans.

Poor little Wigan whom we have only played 11 times away, due to them being in a lower division than us, starting their season with a game against the Premiership Champions.................

Why has this club found it so hard to gain promotion and consolidate in a higher league?

I feel it has lacked a ruthless streak, perhaps the lack of competition for bums on seats is at fault, look at the N West, loads of clubs to choose from, City really have a massive catchment area, and have only had the sags to contend with, perhaps the emergence of Yeovil will serve as a reminder that the future Somerset fans will now have a choice of professional clubs to follow.

Whelan or Lansdown dunno.gif

I still have my ticket the club sent me - Premiership v. Chelsea 2016 - I will be 56 !!

It's great for Wigan and Dave Whelan in paticular. Yes, he has money to die for, but he's put it into his team, when it must of been easier to pick a more "fashionable" club to play with.

Wigan only joined The Football League in 1978. Bristol City, that year were in the top flight of English football. The Latics' will be hosting some of the best players in the world this coming season. Our highlight ?, a derby with Yeovil Town !!!!!!!!!

Exciting, 'innit!!!!!!!!

It's great for Wigan and Dave Whelan in paticular. Yes, he has money to die for, but he's put it into his team, when it must of been easier to pick a more "fashionable" club to play with.

Wigan only joined The Football League in 1978. Bristol City, that year were in the top flight of English football. The Latics' will be hosting some of the best players in the world this coming season. Our highlight ?, a derby with Yeovil Town !!!!!!!!!

Exciting, 'innit!!!!!!!!

Dave Whelan's first love was Blackburn Rovers who he watched as a boy and played for but by the time he'd made his millions Jack Walker had already ploughed his millions into the club.So...with too much dosh to know what to with he opted to finance Wigan Athletic and now look where they are.

Fair play to I say.

Archived