IGNORED

Swindon 9/1 To Be Relegated

xerox6060

As one who if he places a bet makes it from the head not heart, the recommendation is to take a hard look at backing our 'rivals' from up the M4 to be relegated.

William Hill offer 9/1, in my opinion a ridiculously high price considering their current predicament, in betting terms top value whatever happens.

Unless Andy King pulls quite a few rabbits out of his hat (which he has the ability to do but has even less for wages to offer them than usual which will make a difference to the quality he can get) STFC WILL be in a relegation fight this season.

BCAGFC

You have not got 2 prooven goal scorers up front. Fallon is not very impressive but Roberts can score if he wants to as his 17 in his first season shows, but he is more likely to get 8-10 and that is not enough to survivie in this league!!

Guest BeNeRz
Think they might need footballers rather than rabbits, I have tried to teach my two rabbits to play (despite one of them being named Murray) but they just don't get it.

Dollymarie

Rabbits cant play football ohmy.gif

Mayb i wont start my rabbit team then sad.gif

As much as they are 'a local rival' can you honestly see them being relegated?? Alritght they've lost the nucleus of a good team but they still have some good players who on their day are as good as any average playerts in our league.

Difference is City have players are undoubtly better then average for this league and with certian players certainley good enough for the championship. Its just a case of getting the players to gell well and to get results under your belt no matter how good the team is playing or how good the players are. We of all teams should know that the majority of time in this league the teams that do well don't particulary have a good team better then anyone else but just get on a good run and the team morale / form gets them through the games.

So whos to say withs Swindons team they cant do the same? I cant see it myself but then again stranger things have happened in this league!!! ranting.gif

Guest we8thegas
Kicking himself in the head, or trying to? Great advert for Rory Fallon rolleyes.gif

he tripped over his own bootlace,fell over backwards and the ball come off his shin and went in so what dunno.gif

now leroy's overhead Vs luton,now that was class dance.gif

Guest Dorset Red
As much as they are 'a local rival' can you honestly see them being relegated?? Alritght they've lost the nucleus of a good team but they still have some good players who on their day are as good as any average playerts in our league.

This is one of the mosre sensible posts I've read on this site.

OK...I'll say it right now. With the squad you guys have got you SHOULD do well next season. Then again, OUR squad looked great on paper last summer and look what happened. We fell short of the mark by a long way.

As for Swindon's squad next season there are one or two unknowns to take into account.

Kyle Lapham and Michael Pook are both fresh out of the youth set up and looked VERY promising at the end of the last campaign. Add to them Ricky Shakes and Charlie Comyn-Platt and there's no knowing what might happen.

Two season ago, nobody had heard of Grant Smith, Sean O'Hanlon, Andy Nicholas or Brian Howard. Go back another season and nobody knew who Sam Parkin was. I think Andy King's record of finding gems speaks for itself so who can say it won't happen again in the coming season.

All rivalry aside, good luck Brizzle! As a fan of West Country football, let's hope you can achieve to your potential for once and we'll see you in the play-offs maybe!

smile.gif

I can not envisage Swindon Town being relegated. Say what you like about Andy King, he works on motivation and can obviously get the best out of his players. I can't see them troubling the play-offs - they need a bit more experience - but there is absolutely no way they'll be in League Two next season.

Rhys Evans

Sean O'Hanlon

Jerel Ifil

Andy Nicholas

Steve Jenkins

Stefani Miglioranzi

Christian Roberts

Rory Fallon

That side will NOT get relegated

Lose 10 points for going into Administration and I think it will be close. Given your financial position this can't be ruled out. Also you don't have a squad and with the transfer window now to take effect a run of injuries would see you having to play a lot of kids.

I would say that 9-1 is fair rather than generous.

This is one of the mosre sensible posts I've read on this site.

OK...I'll say it right now. With the squad you guys have got you SHOULD do well next season. Then again, OUR squad looked great on paper last summer and look what happened. We fell short of the mark by a long way.

As for Swindon's squad next season there are one or two unknowns to take into account.

Kyle Lapham and Michael Pook are both fresh out of the youth set up and looked VERY promising at the end of the last campaign. Add to them Ricky Shakes and Charlie Comyn-Platt and there's no knowing what might happen. 

Two season ago, nobody had heard of Grant Smith, Sean O'Hanlon, Andy Nicholas or Brian Howard. Go back another season and nobody knew who Sam Parkin was. I think Andy King's record of finding gems speaks for itself so who can say it won't happen again in the coming season.

All rivalry aside, good luck Brizzle! As a fan of West Country football, let's hope you can achieve to your potential for once and we'll see you in the play-offs maybe!

smile.gif

Wow, you got a couple of kids from a Premier League side. Big deal. Last season despite all the world-beaters you proclaim to have at the County Ground you never really challenged for the play-offs. You have now lost most of your more talented players and are replacing them with kids. A relegation battle would at least add some drama to what promises to be an unfruitful nine months.

We could try if you like, who has bunnies then? I got 2, but it would have to be a mixed team.

Sorry sorry sorry, I'm going!

Dollymarie

Dollymarie,

You only need 2. That should be enough for squad of about 40 when the season starts and you will be having to offload about 100 on loan deals when the transfer window opens in January.

Strangely they are eighth favourite to go up, but fifth favourite to stay up.

Does that mean another season of mid-table mediocrity ?

Never mind, I'm sure their annual finanical crisis will make things exciting.

As it stands...

Not good enough for promotion

Not bad enough for relegation

It's pretty silly to write us off because we will bring in players. It's still over a month until the season begins!

In regards to this "rivals" stuff... I've been posting over a year now and it appears that...

01. We are rivals when something bad happens to STFC

02. We are not rivals when STFC beat BCFC

This is based on the 2 things that have happened between the 2 clubs in the last year and the comments made on OTIB. I personally don't see City as rivals, but that's just me.

Rich.

Archived