IGNORED

Lets Hope This Comes Off

TimmerD

Taken from the local Plymuff rag:

"Argyle central defender Graham Coughlan has again been strongly linked with a move to League One side Bristol City.

Media speculation in Bristol claims that Coughlan is said to be a target for Robins' boss Brian Tinnion, following the exits of midfielders Tommy Doherty and Marc Goodfellow.

The departures are thought to leave Tinnion with scope to land 30-year-old Coughlan and his comments would seem to enforce that opinion.

Tinnion told the Western Daily Press: "Things haven't changed. We need a big central defender in case anything happens to Matt Heywood."

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I hope we get this player, he is EXACTLY what we need.

With him, Coles and Heywood we should be able to field a decent defense every week, with Carey and Goldbourne on the flanks.

Also, signing players who have a proven record in this division is what we need to do, Coughlan has already been in a championship winning team so his experiance would be a HUGE asset.

I hope we get this player, he is EXACTLY what we need.

With him, Coles and Heywood we should be able to field a decent defense every week, with Carey and Goldbourne on the flanks.

Also, signing players who have a proven record in this division is what we need to do, Coughlan has already been in a championship winning team so his experiance would be a HUGE asset.

I couldn't agree more chant6ez.gifchant6ez.gif

"Argyle central defender Graham Coughlan has again been strongly linked with a move to League One side Bristol City.

How reliable is this "rag" as a source? Is there anything of substance in it or just heresay?

Coughlan would certainly be a great asset for us, no question.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

The WDP also reported the same story yesterday, it said that only a small fee would be required.

This would put him within reach of us, but like so many other targets I fear it is all paper talk.

Not sure how reliable it is, but the story has been around for several months now (initially involving a swap with DC and/or TD) so there is obviously something to it.

IMO - after the sales of LM, PH, TD and now JA we should go get this man NOW!

Its also encouraging that the Plymuff fans rate him and all the ones I have spoken to agree he would be an asset to the club.

Steve and Brian - go get him!

Guest MaloneFM
Not sure how reliable it is, but the story has been around for several months now (initially involving a swap with DC and/or TD) so there is obviously something to it.

IMO - after the sales of LM, PH, TD and now JA we should go get this man NOW!

But would he replace HR or GM? Would FC and CMcG still get a game? What about MFI then?

Sorry blew it there didn't I? blushing.gif

I would love to see him sign, but why would he come from a championship team to be an understudy in Div. 1? Would you?

I think that we would have to, at least equal his wages, and also promise him first team football.

Without this the chances are slim.

Media speculation in Bristol claims that Coughlan is said to be a target for Robins' boss Brian Tinnion, following the exits of midfielders Tommy Doherty and Marc Goodfellow.

The departures are thought to leave Tinnion with scope to land 30-year-old Coughlan and his comments would seem to enforce that opinion.

Tinnion told the Western Daily Press: "Things haven't changed. We need a big central defender in case anything happens to Matt Heywood."

"in case anything happens to Heywood" disapointed2se.gifdoh.gif should be Heywood in case anything happens to Coughlan banghead.gif

Defence IS the key to promotion this season it needs to be rock solid.

Guest we8thegas
"in case anything happens to Heywood" disapointed2se.gif  doh.gif should be Heywood in case anything happens to Coughlan banghead.gif

Defence IS the key to promotion this season it needs to be rock solid.

Competition for places see,if Heywood cocks up and loses his place to Coughlin he's got to try and get it back from Coles or Coughlin.

May see all 3 playing,Coughlins 30 so may only need/be happy with 45mins

Coughlan is a class act at Division 1 level.

He was Argyle's player of the season for two season's running.He's about as close to Shaun Taylor as a leader on the pitch as you'll get.Would get in ahead of Heywood if I picked the side.

Tinnion has to keep saying that he will be an understudy to Heywood at the moment as he's already signed Heywood. If Tinnion wnet around saying how much he wanted to sgn Coughlan to go at the heart of our defense then how haoppy do you think Heywood and Coles would be?

I'm sure if he manages to agree a fee with Plymouth nand starts negotiating with Coughlan he wont be telling him then that he will be spending most of his time on the bench.

Archived