IGNORED

Exodus

leadman

Guest we8thegas
hellooooooooooooo Colin, why do you only ever speak in "your forum?"

Dollymarie

looking at your sig dolly,i wonder how scotty got all that hair in that hat dunno.gif

maybe brylcream biggrin.gif

Guest we8thegas
Speak for yourself, and I am allowed to be tetchy, was out till all hours at the ST meeting and then am poorly today on top of tiredness!

So  razz.gif

Dollymarie

hug.gif there there now

Guest we8thegas
don't act like you care!

Where were you when we were slaving away (eating sausage and chip butties) at our meeting?

Huh?? huh???

Dollymarie

not a lot blink.gif

Why oh why are some people so intent on oh having a pop at Tinnion at every opportunity?

Its hardly the managers fault that an unproven player like Anyinsah decides to take a three deal with PNE after being offered a two year deal at City or that G'fellow never forced his way into the reckoning at City despite several opportunities.

Wouldn't it fairer to start off with a clean slate come the start of the season and then if things don't develop as hoped, slag Tinnion off as much as you like but at the same time if City get off to a flyer give him some credit.

As for an "exodus" I wonder if the Swindon fans are saying the same thing about Andy King..... dunno.gif

How about three?

good lord your right 3 players

i believe we have no team now

quick sell stewart and brooker to preston and buy the reserve team of abbotts langley...sod that just sell the club for a pitance to some mad man who says he has 30 mil

doh.gif

good lord your right 3 players

i believe we have no team now

quick sell stewart and brooker to preston and buy the reserve team of abbotts langley...sod that just sell the club for a pitance to some mad man who says he has 30 mil

doh.gif

I'll take it that three players leaving doesn't consitute an exodus either?

I'll take it that three players leaving doesn't consitute an exodus either?

nope, i would say 5 or 6 regular first team players constitutes an exodus

anyinsah played 3 games

goodfellow played a dozen

and tommy could hardly manage a full game

hardly first team regulars

nope, i would say 5 or 6 regular first team players constitutes an exodus

anyinsah played 3 games

goodfellow played a dozen

and tommy could hardly manage a full game

hardly first team regulars

Not quite sure what all the fuss about anyinsah leaving is about anyway. At least now I don't have to try to pronounce his name.

Though apparently we have sold or released 9 nine players this close season. I would say that was quite drastic. Hopefully we have reduced a lot of the rubbish at the club leaving a good solid core.

Not quite sure what all the fuss about anyinsah leaving is about anyway. At least now I don't have to try to pronounce his name.

Though apparently we have sold or released 9 nine players this close season. I would say that was quite drastic. Hopefully we have reduced a lot of the rubbish at the club leaving a good solid core.

how many of them were regulars last season?

heffernan was a regular substitute

woodman was a regular loanee

i think people like loxton and simpson were realeased...never saw them wear a city shirt

lee miller played something like 9 games this year

stowell and the other keeper who's name eludes me never played in 2-3 years

goodfellow played one sub appearance

anyinsah played 3 games

tommy was close-ish to a regular

mickey bell was past his best but good luck to him

to an extent oo shaun taylor who probably did help with the team selction

now apart from tommy, who added a competitive edge to our midfield (when he played), and the two keepers, none of these sales of realeases worries me in the slightest. I wanted Miller to stay but that was if we sold Leroy which I'm starting to think will not happen. Goodfellow would be a good player if he would beef up a bit and plays in the position we need but nevermind.

cant see this as an exodus. an exodus in my eyes would be:

leroy, phillips, coles, brooker, and wilkshire leaving. that would put us in some real trouble, as two goalscorers, our only keeper, our centre back, and our only creative midfielder last season gone.

I can see that the sales which have gone on show an element of ambition from tinnion, getting rid of 'dressing room disrupters', miller generated some money, and a lot of drift wood has been taken away from our team.

The signings we have seen also show to me ambition. Although Heywood has got stick on here from the swindon fans, he is just the type of player we need to stick his head in where it hurts and clear the ball instead of mucking about with it. Smith and Russell are perhaps a bit similar for my liking and with wilskire, brown, and skuse all competing for that central midfeild spots, are both of them neccessary? The stewart signing speaks for itself, and even though he supports the city, it is great to see this calibre of player being brought in. The players we have been linked with are also pretty good. Coughlan looks like another player which would fit that central defender mould and akinfenwa, although it didnt go through, is a good player who would ahve provided competition for brooker.

roll on the season - champions '05 - '06

Archived