IGNORED

So What Would Your Reaction Be ?

Keepers Ball

If Leroy Lita was sold to the Leeches in Berkshire?

Well ?

I for one will NOT be happy in the slightest.

Here we have in my opinion the best natural goalscorer that most of us on here have witnessed down at Ashton Gate.

We're not talking Goater here? In fact I think Lita could be better than Andy Cole !

And yet many of you will just accept it and move on.

Just think...a lousy One million pounds.

In time he'll be worth much more than that

Put it this way, I'd rather he went now for a Million before the season has started than in January for a pittance (remember Goater?)

Its not just a case of pulling the stops out to sign him.. he might just *not* sign whatever you throw at him.

If Leroy Lita was sold to the Leeches in Berkshire?

Well ?

I for one will NOT be happy in the slightest.

Here we have in my opinion the best natural goalscorer that most of us on here have witnessed down at Ashton Gate.

We're not talking Goater here? In fact I think Lita could be better than Andy Cole !

And yet many of you will just accept it and move on.

Just think...a lousy One million pounds.

In time he'll be worth much more than that

hmmm and he'll be worth £0 in a years time and walk away for £0

if he don't sign a new contract, and he is well in his rights not to sign

a new one and let his current deal end.

it's a gamble sell him now or pray he signs a new contract and he will be

worth more in time, it's catch 22 and that is why i'd take a million now

for him than trust his agent lurking about for him to other clubs in a years time

for nothing.

hmmm and he'll be worth £0 in a years time and walk away for £0

if he don't sign a new contract, and he is well in his rights not to sign

a new one and let his current deal end.

it's a gamble sell him now or pray he signs a new contract and he will be

worth more in time, it's catch 22 and that is why i'd take a million now

for him than trust his agent lurking about for him to other clubs in a years time

for nothing.

No he won't. He will still be under 24 and will still command a fee, albeit we won't get to choose it. If he scored another 29 goals then this fee could still be substantial.

I would be very reluctant to let Leeroy leave and we will greatly miss his goalscoring ability. He makes his own goals and that is a great virtue.

However finances dictate and if the right offer comes in then we should accept.

I don't think anyone wants Leroy to go and if it were just about money I'd like to see him offered as much as Marcus Stewart (or more maybe) IF he'd sign a 3 or 4 year contract. We all know he is a genuine talent one that only comes along on those very rare occasions but if he doesn't sign then where does that leave the board? How much would an out of contract player go for at a tribunal, less that half his true value! At the moment SL and the board can negotiate a better deal for the club than they'd be able to in 6 or 12 months time, but how many of the fans would blame the board ala Liam Rossienier (spelling?). If Leroy puts pen to paper then everyone at the club will be overjoyed if not then the it's the boards responsibility to get the best deal for the club and I for one would trust Steve Lansdowns judgement on what is good for Bristol City Football Club. As for his value in the future I agree with suicidal red he will be worth much more than £1M hench the need to dictate the sell on clause whilst we still have some bargining power.

For christ sake !!

TAKE THE BLOODY GAMBLE !

he cost us nowt to begin with.If in a years time he goes for nothing then so be it.

If we keep him with him alongside Stewart I'd bet my house we'd go up.

So we let him go for One million ? Is Tinnion going to get all of that to spend and if so who at that value would come ?

I'll tell you what would happen.Most of it on debts and a couple of rejects/journeymen.

Just for once lets take a gamble and keep Lita !

if he got sold i would feel really let down by Lansdown i wasn't the greatest Steve Lansdown fan last season and he has only just started getting my support back. I think if we are going to sign players to get you out of the division like we have you got to keep the best you got aswell if Lita goes it seems a waste of time signing players sad.gif

If it was a million+ with 25-30% sell ons and promotion, goals clauses I'd think we got about the most we could for him. I'd still be disappointed though.

If it's less than a million then I will think we got a poor deal due to fear of losing him at the end of his contract and I'd be p---ed right off.

If he doesn't go I will be very happy.

Nibor

If we are about to see leroy could someone explain to me why both Miller and Heffernan were sold?

If we do sell leroy, Gillespie and Cotterill become very important, and we have to hope that Brooker and Marcus hit it off.

Although thankfully our defence shouldn't pose a problem this year.

And what if Leroy wants to go - do we keep him at any cost and end up with a player who is miserable and ineffective because he thinks he should be playing his football somewhere else.

I feel really sorry for Mr Lansdown - he is a no win situation with some of us supporters. He may not have any pulling power in Leroy's choice especially as Leroy thinks he's the bees knees and should be playing at a higher level. He has the unenviable task of having to make the most of a situation he probably would rather not have to on behalf of the club. Do you really think he would want the club to lose a 29 goal asset? When leroy goes we can only hope Steve has got us the best possible deal, in the long term interests of keeping our club alive and well.

Be positive, the squad is shaping up nicely and for the first time in a long while we should all be really excited - we will not be totally bereft of strikers, have you forgotten we have Marcus Stewart and Brooker, eager youngsters like Gilly and Cotterell, and time to increase the striker ranks before the season starts.

Surprise yourself - be positive!

We all know he is a genuine talent one that only comes along on those very rare occasions

Excuse me pal but where does the royal we come into this - I for one would disagree and think the chances of LL becoming a great footballer are remote, particularly with the coaching qualities at City.

Granted he had one good goalscoring season, but then so have others who were going to set the world on fire until they came up against decent defenders and those who sussed them.

Oh and please don't proffer his international goal that bounced off the side of his head as an arguement for his abilities

Guest bexhillreds

If Liverpool are prepared to part with Gerrard because he won't sign a new contract, then we will have to face facts that City are left in the same predicament.

I've read that Leroy's agent is the same fella that brokered Sol Cambell's move from Tottenham to Arsenal - if that does not worry you then nothing will, his interest will undoubtably be the large wedge that he will get either directly or indirectly for taking Lita to a new club, much the same as happened in N. London.

I don't want to see Lita go, but we must treat this as purely a business decision, £1M is not a bad return on a minimal investment, and if used correctly will buy at least 1 or 2 players who could aid our promotion.

We could all be wrong and he will sign (has he turned up to training?), but if he does'nt then we just have to accept today's footballing economic facts, that money talks.

dunno.gif Probably the only thing loyal in football are the fans sad.gif arent they Mr S.G of the Pool; if the money is there he`s gone simple as.

Players,managers,directors come and go but we the fans and the club WILL go on for ever. city.gifcity.gifcity.gif

Mr L.L will do whats best for L.L wouldnt you dunno.gif

Guest ashtonyate

Take the money it will do us more good I don't think he is that good anyway 29 goals in a poor 3 division hardly setting the world a light When he step up a division he may not be so hot.Good by and good luck lets have the money.

Guest DAMIEN-LITA
If Liverpool are prepared to part with Gerrard because he won't sign a new contract, then we will have to face facts that City are left in the same predicament.

I've read that Leroy's agent is the same fella that brokered Sol Cambell's move from Tottenham to Arsenal - if that does not worry you then nothing will, his interest will undoubtably be the large wedge that he will get either directly or indirectly for taking Lita to a new club, much the same as happened in N. London.

I don't want to see Lita go, but we must treat this as purely a business decision, £1M is not a bad return on a minimal investment, and if used correctly will buy at least 1 or 2 players who could aid our promotion.

We could all be wrong and he will sign (has he turned up to training?), but if he does'nt then we just have to accept today's footballing economic facts, that money talks.

Of course he has turned up for training, Football is his game and he is not going to let all this other cr ap that is going on at the moment stop him Training. The agent you are on about is Sky Andrews and yes he is Sol Cambells as well as many others agent.

From Lansdown's point of view, if he takes the risk and Leroy goes for a pittance (which he will if it goes to a tribunal) then he will get more grief from the fans then if we let him go now.

I'm with the camp that says let him go if he wants to. If he wants to stay then that is fantastic.

Getting Coughlan in is much more important in my opinion.

Take the money it will do us more good I don't think he is that good anyway 29 goals in a poor 3 division hardly setting the world a light When he step up a division he may not be so hot.Good by and good luck lets have the money.

You mean a poor third division we are in now ?

Yes Goodbye and goodluck...we'll use the money on a couple of third-raters

And why is everyone saying you can't keep a player if he does'nt want to stay ?

I think some of you are being brain-washed by the Gerrard saga

Well, you can technically keep a player who doesn't want to stay while they're under contract but it's pointless. We end up with no money when their contract runs out and they are likely to be demotivated and perform poorly. Doesn't benefit either party.

Nibor

Excuse me pal but where does the royal we come into this - I for one would disagree and think the chances of LL becoming a great footballer are remote, particularly with the coaching qualities at City.

Granted he had one good goalscoring season, but then so have others who were going to set the world on fire until they came up against decent defenders and those who sussed them.

Oh and please don't proffer his international goal that bounced off the side of his head as an arguement for his abilities

Sorry England I should have said "some us think" but the crux of the post was that the board are in a difficult situation when a player come to the end of his contract.

Leroy isn't a great player but one who scored a lot of goals for us last season who knows what he'll end up?

Guest SteveinNC

Maybe I am being naive, but Lita did say he wanted to stay! Perhaps another season with us to see if last season was a fluke or if he is the genuine article!

No he won't. He will still be under 24 and will still command a fee, albeit we won't get to choose it. If he scored another 29 goals then this fee could still be substantial.

I would be very reluctant to let Leeroy leave and we will greatly miss his goalscoring ability. He makes his own goals and that is a great virtue.

However finances dictate and if the right offer comes in then we should accept.

yep true forgot about his age doh.gif

but i still say a million IF offered can't be turned down.

Archived