IGNORED

Ive Had Enough

Keepers Ball

Ive had it ...I really have.

I was only telling a workmate a few months ago that I don't get the same buzz at football anymore.It does'nt help when certain things that happen in football turn you off either.

Its to the point that I regret re-newing my season ticket.

Yes I know we've all said and heard it before but I have to be honest these are true feelings on my part.

Year after year, failure after failure and its coming to a head.

Now to top it off we've lost another player.Not just any player but quite possibly the greatest striker we've had in a few years.

I don't go for this "keeping an unhappy player" bollox.Leroy Lita was happy enough and if he became miffed at a move to Reading being blocked he'd have soon got over it once the season started.Once he ran onto the pitch, instinct would have taken over.

This club should have gambled on keeping Lita to help with promotion..He cost us nothing so what was there to lose ? Ok so theres a chance we'd have failed in promotion but I very much doubt it.Lita and Brookers goals,Stewarts fair share and experience, Tinnion one year wiser I'm pretty damn sure we'd have gone up automatically.

I'm sorry but that shower down there have no guts and will continue to sell our best players.

Undisclosed fee my f ucking Arse !

So this ontop of many is the reason this is my last season as a ticket holder.

I no longer love being a supporter of Bristol City.

Why bother loving something that offers nothing in return ?

They lied to us (we're keeping Lita) plus (he's signing a new deal) i remember Lansdown saying he nearly quit because of the pressure i wish he would have at the time, no ambition

wheres the pace upfront? when leroy goes! why sign players when u sell the best we got whats the hole point? he lied to us to get us all to buy season tickets he's a trator!! ranting.gif

I was only telling a workmate a few months ago that I don't get the same buzz at football anymore.It does'nt help when certain things that happen in football turn you off either.

Yes I know we've all said and heard it before but I have to be honest these are true feelings on my part.

Now to top it off we've lost another player.Not just any player but quite possibly the greatest striker we've had in a few years.

I don't go for this "keeping an unhappy player" bollox.Leroy Lita was happy enough and if he became miffed at a move to Reading being blocked he'd have soon got over it once the season started.Once he ran onto the pitch, instinct would have taken over.

This club should have gambled on keeping Lita to help with promotion..He cost us nothing so what was there to lose ? Ok so theres a chance we'd have failed in promotion but I very much doubt it.Lita and Brookers goals,Stewarts fair share and experience, Tinnion one year wiser I'm pretty damn sure we'd have gone up automatically.

I'm sorry but that shower down there have no guts and will continue to sell our best players.

cheerio

cheerio

I'm agreeing with you a lot tonight Robbo, it's strange laugh.gif

At the end of the day we're a 3rd division club. Until we move up the league standings then we will not keep hold of our best players. Players come and go, get over it.

As for all of these board lacking ambition comments I've read about tonight - what a load of bull. We've only got a Premiership/Championship striker among the ranks after all doh.gif

and if we go up this season?

And if we go up it'll be a bonus which will keep me interested.

Hey I'm not bullcrapping here.This club has to do something damn quick to keep me coming back for more.I only regret signing up for Bristol City world last month.

The game against the Gas coming up is a sell-out so Ive been told.

I havent even bothered trying to get a ticket.

suicidal red , if this season has started so badly and we start do well will your mind change. jusy because things are not going your way at the moment no need to get all down about it. we might not have leroy anymore but think what the money can do for the club and maybe the future of the club, so what we have lost a good player o dear what a pitty get on with it. by being a bristol city fan you have to take the rough with the smooth. we are a 3rd division club, thbe only way we should go it up, by your negative attitude its hardly showing you are a diehard city fan. the season hasnt evan started yet.

how can you possible say it doesnt intreast you, do you not get the buzz of going down to ashton gate to support your team through the thick and thin. thats the joy of football its an unplanned sport you don't know what is going to happen. it keeps you on your toes. if you don't like it goes watch tennis or wrestling thats all planned out.

this club has finalcial probems which was getting bigger each year, by selling leroy it would genertate some funds at least, to a get a young player with good potential cheaply then sell him on to get more money. if leroy goes this of the clauses he could have to get money for the club. apperance fees, goals fee, international fee, sell on clause, maybe even a by back clause. like you said he cost us nothing, now he has shown his quality get get money for him!

you say you have no love for the club anymore, this sounds to me you support city only for the good times. by not renewing your season ticket shows your not a proper diehard fan, a glory hunter maybe. and my last point the club DOES offer you things in retrurn. the thrills excitement buzz on matchday noise on away days. discount on clothing items the list goes on. if you look at other clubs i bet they don't get some of the thrills and privaleges that we get. if your really that bored of city basicly sod off! why don't you go support a team thats high flying in the leauge like bristol manor farm! go take your support elsewhere becaue it reads like you couldnt really give a flying horses ass to the club that i love.

Get over yourself. Players come and go it's only us and the club itself that are the constant features. For what it's worth I'm just about to get my first season ticket (plus one for my daughter), I live miles away and can't make every game, it's just the right thing to do. Through thick and thin.

Why have you got Arsenal goals playing? Tis an evil club from the Premiership. We nothappy about the sale of Lita then....couldn't see that coming....honest. see you on the 6th

because there quality goals and i also look out for arsenal results as i have followed them since i was little. you shall see me on the 6th will be there chanting and singing my heart out. unlike some people on this forum. i don't really mind about the sale or lita if he wants to go i wish him well. is he stays good luck for this season. its his choice.

suicidal red , if this season has started so badly and we start do well will your mind change. jusy because things are not going your way at the moment no need to get all down about it. we might not have leroy anymore but think what the money can do for the club and maybe the future of the club, so what we have lost a good player o dear what a pitty get on with it. by being a bristol city fan you have to take the rough with the smooth. we are a 3rd division club, thbe only way we should go it up, by your negative attitude its hardly showing you are a diehard city fan. the season hasnt evan started yet.

how can you possible say it doesnt intreast you, do you not get the buzz of going down to ashton gate to support your team through the thick and thin. thats the joy of football its an unplanned sport you don't know what is going to happen. it keeps you on your toes. if you don't like it goes watch tennis or wrestling thats all planned out.

this club has finalcial probems which was getting bigger each year, by selling leroy it would genertate some funds at least, to a get a young player with good potential cheaply then sell him on to get more money. if leroy goes this of the clauses he could have to get money for the club. apperance fees, goals fee, international fee, sell on clause, maybe even a by back clause. like you said he cost us nothing, now he has shown his quality get get money for him!

you say you have no love for the club anymore, this sounds to me you support city only for the good times. by not renewing your season ticket shows your not a proper diehard fan, a glory hunter maybe. and  my last point the club DOES offer you things in retrurn. the thrills excitement buzz on matchday noise on away days. discount on clothing items the list goes on. if you look at other clubs i bet they don't get some of the thrills and privaleges that we get. if your really that bored of city basicly sod off! why don't you go support a team thats high flying in the leauge like bristol manor farm! go take your support elsewhere becaue it reads like you couldnt really give a flying horses ass to the club that i love.

Ok so I post my feelings and it seems to annoy some of you ...why ?

You reply as though I CHOOSE to no longer get the buzz.

And Cynic some of your comments are pretty pathetic.

Support City for only the good times ? errr when ?

The season we went up in '98 ?

The game in '88 against Forest in the semi final of the Littlewoods Cup ?

The win in Liverpools own back yard ?

No pal Ive been there for the past ###### 22 years so don't come out with that bollox.

As a kid there was no father figure to point me towards a team.It was Liverpool because all the other kids did .At the age of fourteen I went to Ashton Gate with a mate and his Dad.A cold November night against Hereford.The football didnt look any better than what I saw on a park but the moment the East -End errupted that was it.I was City fan and went when it could be afforded.

The buzz started to kick in especially on night games wwhen I used to sit on the top deck of the bus which route used to go down Bedminster Down and I could see the old floodlights.All four of them beaming out bright light ,towering over Ashton.

The running down Winterstoke road in fear the game would kick off without me even though I knew there was half-an hour till kick off.

Getting closer with the turnstiles that gave entrance to the East-End, frantically handing over the cash then running to my place behind the goal.

The players running out to the noise of the packed eastend, the singing..song after song after song.

Oh Ive been there pal don't you worry.

Glory-hunter ??

Hey maybe cutting off a plaster off my broken leg just to see us get hammered four-one by Forset (i rang NOttm Forest to see if i could enter with a broken leg and crutches..they said no) is'nt enough to prove how much a die-hard ive been.

Get over yourself. Players come and go it's only us and the club itself that are the constant features. For what it's worth I'm just about to get my first season ticket (plus one for my daughter), I live miles away and can't make every game, it's just the right thing to do. Through thick and thin.

Spot on. I was going before Leroy was born and all of them , players, managers and boards come and go.

It is our club, not theirs.

Ok so I  post my feelings and it seems to annoy some of you ...why ?

You reply as though I CHOOSE to no longer get the buzz.

And Cynic some of your comments are pretty pathetic.

Support City for only the good times ? errr when ?

The season we went up in '98 ?

The game in '88 against Forest in the semi final of the Littlewoods Cup ?

The win in Liverpools own back yard ?

No pal Ive been there for the past ###### 22 years so don't come out with that bollox.

As a kid there was no father figure to point me towards a team.It was Liverpool because all the other kids did .At the age of fourteen I went to Ashton Gate with a mate and his Dad.A cold November night against Hereford.The football didnt look any better than what I saw on a park but the moment the East -End errupted that was it.I was City fan and went when it could be afforded.

The buzz started to kick in especially on night games wwhen I used to sit on the top deck of the bus which route used to go down Bedminster Down and I could see the old floodlights.All four of them beaming out bright light ,towering over Ashton.

The running down Winterstoke road in fear the game would kick off without me even though I knew there was half-an hour till kick off.

Getting closer with the turnstiles that gave entrance to the East-End, frantically handing over the cash then running to my place behind the goal.

The players running out to the noise of the packed eastend, the singing..song after song after song.

Oh Ive been there pal don't you worry.

Glory-hunter ??

Hey maybe cutting off a plaster off  my broken leg just to see us get hammered four-one by Forset (i rang NOttm Forest to see if i could enter with a broken leg and crutches..they said no) is'nt enough to prove how much a die-hard ive been.

exactly you loved it back in them days when we got our assed kicked and everything but no things don't go your way or a player u love goes your off on one. your a so called die hard then stop being so pathetic and carry on supporting and not trying to gain attention from people but saying your fed up,

grow up ! start acting like you love the club! and bloody get on with it !

END OF !

Mate i know how you feel. Since 1978 i have supported this club and it has taken me till now to relise they have no ambition to go anywhere in football.

My days as a supporter of this club are over (or thats how i feel at this moment in time). QPR look's very tempting.

Mate i know how you feel. Since 1978 i have supported this club and it has taken me till now to relise they have no ambition to go anywhere in football.

My days as a supporter of this club are over (or thats how i feel at this moment in time). QPR look's very tempting.

Careful

you might be accused of being a witch and they'll want to burn you at the stake !!

Well going by some of their reactions rolleyes.gif

I thought you were off this forum for the summer? Couldnt resist a moan?

Seriously. This happens in football - especially for a 3rd division club. Leroy is going, coughlan didnt come. Get over it and move on or support Chelsea.

Love something that doesnt love you in return? If you were married - you'd understand!!

Guest Bristol Red Rover

Just joined up here ready for the Donny game....and saw this thread!

I can't understand not supporting your home team, but can understand having a break now and again, or just not buying a season ticket. Swapping teams - that's a weird one (Mr QPR wannabee). Anyway, it seems the issue goes beyond personal battles between those fans who've had enough and those who will always be there come what may.

What contact does your board have with the fans? Are there fans forums, or is there a supporters trust? Sounds like you are alienated from those that run YOUR club.

At Donny we have a supporter from our trust on the board. Yeah, it's not perfect but it sort of works. Communication filters down well, and does sometimes filter up too, and we generally feel some sort of connection with whats going on. Some other clubs have it set up even better.

You've got great support and the potential for big success (even though Yeovil are nibbling away at your fanbase ph34r.gif ) Whats going on at the Gate? What can you do to make changes?

I will never walk away from city.gif I may not agree with some (most at the moment) of the decisions made.

I may step back for a match or 2 in anger but I and probably you cant get rid of city.gif for good its in the blood.

We may get miffed off and shout and scream moan and groan but C.T.I.D WE ARE; NOT players/managers/directors etc who are mearley passing through.

Who are the City WE are the CITY. city.gif

Do you think that just for one minute we could try and keep all this in perspective? sad.gif

There is always a great outpouring of grief or elation following every announcement the club makes. Sure, it's a forum and people will always express a view forcefully, but please, all this "I'm off stuff". To who are you appealing to and what do you want them to say? "oh no, please don't go" dunno.gif

We're a better than average division one club. We've been on the brink of promotion probably for too long, but the building blocks are being put in place.

Many of us have stood on the East end as a boy, fought our way out of pubs and grounds, dragged ourselves to Chesterfield on a cold Tuesday night, risked marital dischord and faced financial hardship due to being a City fan. I don't want any thanks for that, I do it because I can't help it.

Once a City fan, always a City fan. If you're off now, you'll be back biggrin.gif

I can't believe some of the replies to my post.

Its as though I have a ###### damn cheek to have posted it in the first place and Ive not right to do so.Some of you are really taking it personally.

"Oh I will support through thick and thin" ?

Really ? How do you know ?

Circumstances might change.You might grow out of it.

Lets put it this way.I'll bet every single one of you know or knew someone who USED to be a regular down the 'Gate.

Did you spout as much Vitriol to them ?

Hey Ive not even finished yet.Ive still got a season ticket to use.

Like someone asked "What if we get promoted ?"

well its obvious..that is bound to keep me coming back for more

Archived