IGNORED

Hot Heads On The Forum Tonight

Robbored

What joy!

The forum back to its heated best - board out,demonstrations planned,no ambition, to name just three responses to the departure of last seasons "one season wonder".

The bottom line is that City still have Stewart - proved goalscorer at every club he's been at.Brooker, 20 goals last season.Cotterill, loads of potential,Gillespsie still waiting to get his chance,plus the well know possibility of another striker joining the club. Why does any club need more than five strikers?

Calm down!

What joy!

The forum back to its heated best - board out,demonstrations planned,no ambition, to name just three responses to the departure of last seasons "one season wonder".

The bottom line is that City still have Stewart - proved goalscorer at every club he's been at.Brooker, 20 goals last season.Cotterill, loads of potential,Gillespsie still waiting to get his chance,plus the well know possibility of another striker joining the club. Why does any club need more than five strikers?

Calm down!

Ambition,passion & desire ! Its tough being a fan of BCFC.

I only wish some had these attributes. disapointed2se.gif

What joy!

Calm down!

Totally agree. At times like this, the internet is a curse.

It's hardly a surprise that a club with a rich backer finally got its cheque book out. The only mild surprise is that it's Reading - after we sold them our previous one season wonder biggrin.gif

I very much doubt that there's anything that the Board could have done to stop Leroy leaving, and let's hope they negotiated a decent price.

And as for all the conspiracy theories about drumming up season ticket sales, did anyone really expect Leroy to say to the press "Yes I want to move to the Championship, but no-one's offered enough yet so I might as well stay put"?

Sorry Robbo but wills is right, your blind faith/optimism is relentless, wish I lived in your rosy coloured world

Its not "blind faith".

I just don't believe that any decisions taken at board level are aimed at harming the club.The board have the best interests of BCFC at heart but some decisions are bound to be distastefull for some fans and lets face it some fans will take even the smallest complaint and blow it up out of porportion,just to vent thier anger at the people who run the club.

Thats an attitude that I've never understood and I always do my best not to engage in slating the club when there has to be a good reason why a decision was made.

Why was Lits sold? because City received an offer they couldn't refuse and because Leroy wants to go and play in a higher division. Fair play to both parties.

I won't be losing any sleep over it.

Its not "blind faith".

I just don't believe that any decisions taken at board level are aimed at harming the club.The board have the best interests of BCFC at heart but some decisions are bound to be distastefull for some fans and lets face it some fans will take even the smallest complaint and blow it up out of porportion,just to vent thier anger at the people who run the club.

Thats an attitude that I've never understood and I always do my best not to engage in slating the club when there has to be a good reason why a decision was made.

Why was Lits sold?  because City received an offer they couldn't refuse and because Leroy wants to go and play in a higher division. Fair play to both parties.

Ok the protest stance goes OTT.

And you are right BCFC goes forward & these things happen in footy.

But I sometimes wonder whether you are really in touch with the average fan or just alone in your desire to agree with everything the board or manager do ! disapointed2se.gif

Now whatever view you hold, I find some of your comments a little strange.

Was it not long ago that BT was to be praised for doing what DW didn't & bring in Lita.

Now tonite LL is a one season wonder & we are a small club that fans should expect nothing less but selling their top assets.

I think it's a case of what certain people want to hear that gets the robbored vote.

Its not "blind faith".

Why was Lits sold?  because City received an offer they couldn't refuse and because Leroy wants to go and play in a higher division. Fair play to both parties.

Well then it's blind optimism biggrin.gif

Sorry mate just cannot see how you think we have enough strikers at the club, thankfully I don't think Tinman will share your views, we were looking to bolster the attack BEFORE any of this Leroy stuff surfaced. I expect at least 2 or 3 new faces including at least one more striker

Was it not long ago that BT was to be praised for doing what DW didn't & bring in Lita.

Now tonite LL is a one season wonder & we are a small club that fans should expect nothing less but selling their top assets.

I would say I'm right on all counts. biggrin.gif

Look at this way - if Tinnion hadn't given Lita his chance then we wouldn't now be looking at a cool million or so in the kitty.

And...Lita is a one season wonder (so far) He's yet to prove that he can do it again in Division 1 let alone the Championship.In my view Reading are taking a huge gamble in signing a player with one good season behind him.

And... City are a small club who run every year at a loss.Its therefore no suprise to see good offers accepted which help reduce the overall debt.It make sense.Sad but true....

Guest WillsbridgeRed

And... City are a small club who run every year at a loss.Its therefore no suprise to see good offers accepted which help reduce the overall debt.It make sense.Sad but true....

Yet you back the people who fail year on year to improve its posistion both on or off the pitch?

Why?

I'm gutted he's going but we all know there is very little loyalty or money in the game anymore so what did we expect? He is also desperate to play for England again and he'l have a far better chance of doing this if he is playing in the Championship.

If he signs for Reading then the club will have probably recieved in excess of £1.5m on player sales this summer, As long as Brian Tinnion sees a decent share of this to sign players then il be happy.

And going by the fact that we had a bid in the region of £100k accepted for Coughlan BEFORE the Lita bid was accepted - Id say he'l now have an opportunity to buy.

Lets just hope he can get who he wants and get them in fairly quickly.

city.gifcity.gifcity.gifcity.gifcity.gifcity.gif

Have to agree with robored.

Do any of you have any kind of idea of running a business ? Right we are sat here over 6 million in debt, an offer which must be around the 1 mill mark appears on the table for an asset who WILL NOT sign a new contract, if we keep him and then didn't go up, you would all be absolutely lambasting the board when he walks for nothing, saying we should have let him go when we had the chance.

It is at times like this i absolutely dispair at being a City fan, THERE ARE NO BIG MONEY BACKERS WHO WANT TO COME IN FOR THIS CLUB, when will some of you get that into your stupid ###### heads. The people having a pop now are probably the same ######s who assured us that Hammam would have been the best thing since sliced bread and that SL was an idiot for telling him to sod off, and look where it got Cardiff, they are 30 million in debt and are selling off their best players as well.

WE ARE NOT A BIG CLUB, ###. You wonder why other clubs think we're a bunch of arrogant ######s, well it's because of you lot who are somehow stuck in an alternative reality where we pull more than 12k a week consistantly, sadly you are all deluded. We have the potential to be a big club, but unless we are near the top of the championship then we won't get much more than 15k average anyway, we are not a big club, we never have been a big club and we never will be a big club. A Big club is one like Man City who would pull in 20k plus no matter what league they are in, or even Wednesday as they still pull in big crowds. We are not even in the same league as clubs like that and unless we have a period of sustained Prem football then we never will be.

I've haven't half seen a load of sanctimonious, self-righteous bollox on here tonight!

Imagine yourself at work tomorrow. Phone rings and it's someone offering you a new job with potentially at least double the salary in a higher profile position.

How many of you would truly, honestly tell them to get stuffed out of loyalty to your current employer without even hearing what they've got to say?

Yeah right.

I've haven't half seen a load of sanctimonious, self-righteous bollox on here tonight!

Imagine yourself at work tomorrow.  Phone rings and it's someone offering you a new job with potentially at least double the salary in a higher profile position.

How many of you would truly, honestly tell them to get stuffed out of loyalty to your current employer without even hearing what they've got to say?

Yeah right.

Exactly right, but made more difficult to accept by the fact that Leroy has had his BCFC contract offer for some time now and not signed it, stating "just a couple of minor things to sort out". Which to me always read as "just waiting to see if something better comes along".

One things that leaves a bad taste in my mouth about all this is the continual statements from Leroy about how brilliant BCFC and Tins have been to him and how he doesn't want to play anywhere else! Don't blame him for at least considering a better offer, but why all the statements about loyalty etc. could do without all that!!

Tinnion needs to make one hell of another signing to convince the fans Tinnion and The Board be up for it again.

Was the signing of Stewart not enough to say they are UP FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stewart has been there and done it Lita has done it for one season, cheer the boys in Red and White no matter who wears the shirt.

Look at this way - if Tinnion hadn't given Lita his chance then we wouldn't now be looking at a cool million or so in the kitty.

What kitty is this then ? I agree LL was the shinning light in a poor season. So when we are pushing for Championship footy & know what a gem Lita is - we cash in ? Thought we wanted Championship footy !!

And...Lita is  a one season wonder (so far) He's yet to prove that he can do it again in Division 1 let alone the Championship.In my view Reading are taking a huge gamble in signing a player with one good season behind him.

Ah, so we have now added the 'so far' ! You don't reckon he could repeat the success of last season - 29 goals that kept us alive ? Be a bit more positive in our desire to keep hold of key players to bring us success.

Define small club ? How many clubs above us run at a profit ?If we are saying the ammount of debt defines a small club then we are on different wavelengths. I was reading how Weymouth run with a profit, so now we are saying that they are a bigger club than us ?  doh.gif

I judge on crowd potential & general ability to perform at a higher level.

A good job of papering over the real issues. Yes we do hvae the players you mention, yes 800 grand for a player out of contract in a year is a good deal. What I cannot accept is the lighweight way you sweep under the carpet the loss of one of the most exciting players we have had in years. To Reading too.

If Lita chooses to speak, I think you will find that there are number of arreas where BCFC have acted poorly, we were slow to make a contract offer of a decent level. He has not gone to the Prem (where there are clubs monitoring him) he has gone to Reading. Was it really not possible to get him into a 3 year deal with a release for a Prem club? Where the 800 grand will start to look silly.

Protest and the like are hot air rubbish, the club is the club, and not going hurts us, because it is our club, but there are significant management issues off the field that require far more discussion, and we will do well to find out more, sooner rather than later. Cryptic I know, but now is not the right time. We need promotion this year.....

Couldn't agree more BW.

The fact that Reading are likely to secure his services & that going back a few seasons, in the Elm Park days we were a team that could easily rival Reading - what a difference a few years make.

Exciting prospects coming through will move on & we won't secure the best.

Oh, for a Madeski.

And...Lita is  a one season wonder (so far) He's yet to prove that he can do it again in Division 1 let alone the Championship.In my view Reading are taking a huge gamble in signing a player with one good season behind him.

and when the club bulldoze the ground into flats and a car park, you'll be on here saying..'but there's cheap housing, and see how easy it is to park...'

(joke)

My take on why there's been such a reaction is because a large number of fans had thought that the signings of the last month or so indicated real resolve to get us out of this division. The Marcus Stewart signing was wonderful PR and gave everyone a fantastic lift at the end of another season of failure.

and then this.

It can only serve to douse the passion in fans, it is inevitable if you build up hopes and make statements like BT and SL have done. Leroy had become a focal point for a lot of hopes and there seems to be little resolve to attempt to fight to keep him.

(Now it may only be PR, but take the Torquay situation with their 'want away' striker - regular bulletins, frank updates from the chairman. it couldn't sway the inevitable but it was handled in a way that didn't cause any degree of frustration and dissapointment)

I accuse this board of being utterly hamfisted in the way they deal with the fans. - The badge& the shirt are two other examples of just off beam they are.

The inept way they appointed Tinnion and Millen another.

It isn't hysteria, it's an outpouring of frustration and annoyance and thats fair enough.

If you expect passion and commitment from your paying customers, I might suggest this club handles them better.

ph34r.gif

If he signs for Reading then the club will have probably recieved in excess of £1.5m on player sales this summer, As long as Brian Tinnion sees a decent share of this to sign players then il be happy.

If brian sees a decent share of this money I'll be amazed.

Steve lansdown has already stated that the Millar & Heff money won't be recirculated into transfers.

ph34r.gif

Archived