IGNORED

Stephen Lansdown..

Franklin CITY

SL states today that he has no choice in letting Lita go. He goes on to say that he would like to keep Danny Coles who also has a year left on his contract so that he can re negotiate terms when City have promotion as he wants to play in the Campionship. Well any chairman with any ambition would have said to Lita go and score goals to get us promotion and then we will offer you a campionship deal. No our estemed leader takes the money and runs. If Coles goes as well it doesnt take a genius to work out that he is doing all he can to get as much in the bank then what ???

He has turned this club into more of a selling club than the Gas and the sooner he concentrates more on his tennis than his football on a saturday afternoon the better.

There have been too many howling errors during the past 18 months and the buck has to stop somewhere.

We Bristolians deserve better than playing in this terrible league for the next 5 years

Guest BeNeRz

Well we can get nearly a million or maybe more for lita! as i keep sayin it puts the club in a financial support! its up to lita if he wants to go not the chairman, SL wants him to stay but its just down to lita.

Coles we would only get 200k for and we need him next season at the back after missin out on cloughan.

Its not that SL lacks ambition its the simple fact of business the fact we have signed stewart smith heywood and russell to me shows ambition!

I really think people should get off SL's back!

If anything, the Board has been guilty of too much ambition and gambling on achieving promotion in previous seasons.

Especially with Stewart's arrival, cashing in on Leroy's success last year (and his future potential, through sell-on clauses) seems like quite good business to me.

If Leroy wants to play in a higher league (and for a club that came very close indeed to the play offs last year) - which is perfectly understandable given his age and potential - do you really think it would have been a wise decision to deny him this opportunity and insist that he stays at City? Do you think we would have seen the best of him this season?

Many more messages like this, and you might actually get what you "deserve". But I'm afraid that I don't think you'll like it. That is, unless you have a few million pounds lying around yourself that you are willing to invest in the club.

If Coles goes as well it doesnt take a genius to work out that he is doing all he can to get as much in the bank then what ???

We'll that's the BIG question. Don't trust this board one jot anymore.

We Bristolians deserve better than playing in this terrible league for the next 5 years

5 years, rings a bell...I know it was Russe & Co and not SL that said it, but how many Champions Leagues should we have been involved in by now? rofl2br.gif

Lita should have been given a three year deal instaed of the two in the first place!!

I know it is dangerous to give longish deals to youngsters incase they think they've allready made it , but the ones that really look good need to be tied down( literally if neccasary)!

All two year deals do is allow a player to get into the team and start attracting interest, then his agent says either hang on another year and get a great deal moving, because a tribunal will never award much of a fee, or they will be forced to sell if you want to go, and there is always someone out there willing to pay you a bit more!!

The same could well happen soon with COTTERILL, SKUSE and GOLDBOURNE!

Some may not make it but the return on the ones that do will cover the costs of the ones that don't!

After all how much was Lita on a week for 29 goals last season. A lot less than STEWARTS 5500 a week, he will need to score a lot of goals to equal the value per goal Lita gave us!!!

I am just fed up with a board who sees survival as a major success. Just look at Hull, Plymouth and God forgive Yeovil and Lita aside Reading who have boards who look towards the future.

To turn City into a selling club is a discrace.

No wonder the 'ask steve' site has been closed down for 3 months.

I've got a few questions I'd like answered..

eg

Danny Wilson

Tinnion

Dinning

Tommy Doc

Heffernan

Lack of Tactics

Lack of ideas

Lack of a midfield

Too many youngsters playing at the same time

Ripping apart a team on the verge of success

lack of man management

lITA GOING

Coles

Public slanging of players

Now a selling club

The stand fiasco

Oh and judge me by Brian

Arse

#####

and Drink

I am just fed up with a board who sees survival as a major success. Just look at Hull, Plymouth and God forgive  Yeovil and Lita aside Reading who have boards who look towards the future.

eg

Danny Wilson

Tinnion

Dinning

Tommy Doc

Heffernan

Lack of Tactics

Lack of ideas

Lack of a midfield

lack of man management

lITA GOING

Coles

Now a selling club

The stand fiasco

Oh and judge me by Brian

Arse

#####

and Drink

I don't think it's a matter of Reading having a board which "looks to the future". I think it's far simpler than that - shed loads of money.

And City has not been "turned" into a selling club - we've been one as far as I can remember.

Lita's going (just like Murray, Akinbuyme, Goater, Cole, Ralph Milne biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif and lots of others before them). Hopefully we'll get a decent amount of money for him. Let's move on.

I don't think it's a matter of Reading having a board which "looks to the future". I think it's far simpler than that - shed loads of money.

And City has not been "turned" into a selling club - we've been one as far as I can remember.

Lita's going (just like Murray, Akinbuyme, Goater, Cole, Ralph Milne  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  and lots of others before them). Hopefully we'll get a decent amount of money for him. Let's move on.

Exactly, Lansdown is nowhere near the wealth of Madjeski. Majeski is worth over 400 MILLION QUID that is over 30 times what SL is worth.

Yes our baord are not looking to the future at all obviously, they are not keeping this club afloat, which means that the term future can still be used, they have not invested havily in the academy, which is obviously nothing to do with the future doh.gif

Guest Whitchurch Red
SL states today that he has no choice in letting Lita go. He goes on to say that he would like to keep Danny Coles who also has a year left on his contract so that he can re negotiate terms when City have promotion as he wants to play in the Campionship. Well any chairman with any ambition would have said to Lita go and score goals to get us promotion and then we will offer you a campionship deal. No our estemed leader takes the money and runs. If Coles goes as well it doesnt take a genius to work out that he is doing all he can to get as much in the bank then what ???

He has turned this club into more of a selling club than the Gas and the sooner he concentrates more on his tennis than his football on a saturday afternoon the better.

There have been too many howling errors during the past 18 months and the buck has to stop somewhere.

If you have problems with the current board then you should send all complaints to a Mr S.Davidson,Chew Magna.We are still paying for an off-season of nonsense that in the end cost us millions of pounds and we were already in debt before the nonsense started.

We owe lots of money and Lita and Coles will both walk if not sold.We Bristolians at times think we are Man Utd.We are not we are a '3rd division club with massive debts.Players come and go all the time,the king is dead long live the king!

Nice to see your comments for once does not have any criticism of Tinnion,maybe just maybe you might be able to soon start supporting Tinnion in as you say quite rightly getting us out of this terrible league.

"Selling club", can you please clarify which players that have left the club over the last year have weakened our starting line-up?

If you have problems with the current board then you should send all complaints to a Mr S.Davidson,Chew Magna.We are still paying for an off-season of nonsense that in the end cost us millions of pounds and we were already in debt before the nonsense started.

We owe lots of money and Lita and Coles will both walk if not sold.We Bristolians at times think we are Man Utd.We are not we are a '3rd division club with massive debts.Players come and go all the time,the king is dead long live the king!

Correct;The club and its well being must take priority, most players are just passing through.

In a perfect world we would of kept him and have the new stand started by now, unfortunately you cant always have what you want city.gifcity.gifcity.gif

I wouldn`t have missed the highs and lows this club has given me for anything . Long may city.gif continue to do so as well.

Players coming and going and finaincail decisions is not in our remit supporting the Club IS LETS JUST GET ON WITH THAT city.gif

action-smiley-033.gifcity.gifaction-smiley-033.gifcity.gif

Guest sprout1883

How would you fans who think the board have no ambition,if they suddenly turned round and said. That's it were off and we want our millions back?

Then you wouldn't be worrying about lack off ambition, you'd be looking at someone to bail you out of the mess you'd be in.

SL is an astute businessman. Everyone may make mistakes SL included but I think he has a better idea to run a business then most fans

How would you fans who think the board have no ambition,if they suddenly turned round and said. That's it were off and we want our millions back?

Then you wouldn't be worrying about lack off ambition, you'd be looking at someone to bail you out of the mess you'd be in.

SL is an astute businessman. Everyone may make mistakes SL included but I think he has a better idea to run a business then most fans

Hey Sprout - you're not Steve Lansdown in disguise are you? fear.gif

And countless clubs around the country have found themselves in just such a situation. Not saying Steve would do this.

Question is, what are we as fans going to do about planning for such an eventuality?

What a total load of b0110x.

If SD would have had his choice, Taylor,Moyes et el would have got us out of this division.

I think you have to look closer at the current regime to query any real issues.

Would be interested why all complaints should go to Mr Davidson - should make interesting debate.

doh.gif

I have to do this but...

If If If If  whistling.gif

While we are doing the 'If's', what if lita had kept his mouth shut and played in the last 2 games of the season? Maybe the draw against Donny would have been a win?

You can't blame SteveL for not having ambition and feelings for the club as I saw how deeply hurt he was after that match and heard about the abuse he recieved that day from so called fans.

Ok I know the lack of promotion isn't down to one player, just as it wasn't because of miller the season before. But Lita must have known he would have these kind of choices to make, someone was bound to have come in for him on the form he showed. He knows one way or another Leroy lita will achieve that goal, just not with the club he played for unless he is prepared to wait another season at least.

I think people also forget that lita was once part of the chelsea set up, God knows what kind of world those young players aspire to. Doesn't that show ambition from our club that we have the ability to attract such youngsters, gillespie is similar?

BCFC has been run poorly (chasing the dream) for years now and it is about time to sort things out financially (as the £6m debt proves) but you cannot just stand still as BRFC did after cashing in on their better players you must still go forward and not replacing players is NOT going forward.

BCAGFC

Guest The Groundwell Cider Red

I still think that it was the wrong decision to sack danny wilson last year and an even worst decision to install tinnion as mananger straight after... as for players who have been sold which have weakened the team what about anyinsah and hill. I aint sure if hill wanted to go or not but to me those players were excellent players and were sold cheaply online2long.gif

Guest slippery piglet
Correct;The club and its well being must take priority, most players are just passing through.

In a perfect world we would of kept him and have the new stand started by now, unfortunately you cant always have what you want city.gif  city.gif  city.gif

I wouldn`t have missed the highs and lows this club has given me for anything . Long may city.gif continue to do so as well.

Players coming and going and finaincail decisions is not in our remit supporting the Club IS LETS JUST GET ON WITH THAT city.gif

action-smiley-033.gif  city.gif  action-smiley-033.gif  city.gif

hear hear! i completely agree.

i have been completely confused by some of the views aired on this forum (ie. Landsdown, judas (what was that all about!?!!)). the fact of the matter is we arent a big club in the modern sense/game. we may well be a sleeping giant, a club too big and too good for this division and many other teams and fans might think it too. but you only have to look at the club's recent history to see that we are mediocre and not good enough for promotion.

you cannot blame players leaving for bigger and better things. these are all young men thinking about their future and wanting to play at a higher level. how can you blame them for that? i know i would do it. what player wouldnt want to have a chance to play in the Premiership (maybe, at some point) and is actually happy to play in League 1 instead? come on!

i'm very happy with the signings that have been made. of course i would prefer lita to stay, and for tommy not to have gone etc etc but things happen, times move on so lets just get back behind the team and the board and have a good season.

my heart is with this club and always will be. i'd rather get a few quid for a young prospect to sustain the future of the club as a whole. unfortunately football is increasingly about money so as much as we want these players to stay, business sense tells us otherwise.

lets look forward to a good next season, not whatever happened in the past. and please stop this player/manager/board baiting. if you really think about what you are writing you will realise how much we need to look at the wider picture. plus we all know how much this team relies on confidence. what good is it for there to be such a negative view on practically all subjects on this forum? city.gif

Could someone please tell me how much of our £6m+ debt is interest on loans to boards members.

Thanks

BCAGFC

P.s. For the definition of ambition read- OLDHAM ATHLETIC

That information does not appear to be in the public domain. Of the £6.55M debt at 31/5/04, we know that £2.71M were directors loans, secured against the ground. Under "accruals and deferred income" was a further £2.49M and there is the possibility that this could include further debt to directors. Interest payments to directors is not stated in the accounts although from memory the interest payments made by the club in total during that accounting period was into six figures.

Of course I'm concerned about this club, that why I contribute to this forum. But under Lansdown's 'leadership' we have now been put back 3-5 years and IMO the sooner he concentates on his non footballing interests the better.

Some one mentioned Scott Davidson a couple of days ago. Well the Benny fiasco is well documented but at least you got the impression that he has trying to take the club forward. However since Wilson was sacked we have gone into freefall. Tinnion's heart is in the right place but he aint going to stand up to his Chairman and say enough is enough, which is what Wilson said before he was sacked. BT has to play the yes man card as he too is playing for his future as no one else would employ him yet so he has to pull the line.

The Chairs vision to oust the majority of the team which was on the brink of promotion and replace them with young inexperienced and cheaper players has been implimented by BT. It will be interesting to see where the money from Lita goes. Will it be to inhance the team or to go into the back pocket of SL as he no longer has the apetite to lead our club.

Fresh leadership is needed at the club and quickly before all of our best players are 'liquidated' by the Board and we will be stuck going further and further backwards.

Guest marcclifton
I am just fed up with a board who sees survival as a major success. Just look at Hull, Plymouth and God forgive  Yeovil and Lita aside Reading who have boards who look towards the future.

eg

Danny Wilson

Tinnion

Dinning

Tommy Doc

Heffernan

Lack of Tactics

Lack of ideas

Lack of a midfield

lack of man management

lITA GOING

Coles

Now a selling club

The stand fiasco

Oh and judge me by Brian

Arse

#####

and Drink

Wow supporting this club really seems to get you down. Would you do any better if you were the manager , or the owner. I think not. It really sounds like you have a few issues of anger that you off load around football. How much of this is your stuff? Do you ever look at yourself, and look your part in it? Do you call finding negitive problems supporting the club? Have you got anything thing positive to say about the club? Are you really a rovers fans who gets off on winding people up? Do you enjoying football? can the club do anything to make things right for you? Will you ever find anything positive to say about this club? Are you on a mission to upset steve? do you feel you have a right to do this? why do you think steve should anwser your question? How does these questions feel? thank you for your time.

HI all,

first of all were all gutted about Leroy's decission to leave the club, obviously he was a great asset to the club last year and his goals contributed towards what wasen't a bad season after all.

Le roy was a outstanding finisher and he was very quick, but really boys whats the point in arguing. He is 20 years old, Bristol City can look back and see players like him go on to strengthen.

He has to improve to make an impact at reading and he was even outmarked in some games for us last year, but truthfully i hope he makes it, it all reflects on how young players will target our club at a good starting point.

Lay off steve lansdown, ive seen many improvements under him, firstly he has put money into a youth system that is actually working.

we are producing players now ten years ago just wasent happening.

Also he has signed 4 decent players clearly good enough for this league without spending a penny.

Marcus Stewart is probably the best signing Bristol City have ever made, he is proven at much higher levels and although getting on he has the ability to destroy defences at this level, him and brooker will be a far for feared strike force than brooker and lita, lita was a good finisher but he wasent renowned for strong solo runs or his strength.

We do need back up however and good midfileders like wilkshire, smith, smith and harewood are good to have and there skuse and cotterill coming through as well.

we have the best keeper in our league and our defence is one of the youngest the more they play the better they get, russell was a good buy.

I have seen teams here at teh gate for years and honestly i never felt we would go up last year, this year we will go up we have a strong mentally and physically team.

I would like to see us sign another defender and striker to releave pressure and 1 comes to mind.

LEE PEACOCK- he is not a championship player and he will struggle to get in sheffield wednesdays first team, he has always loved city and there would be no better buy as a back up player.

how about it stevey spend 300k of that 1m on the club instead of a stand that we don't need, why have 25 when we cant fill 18?

I rest my case. over the past 12 months this club has gone backwards and it is now becoming very obvious. I don't need to go over all of the problems again as they are now there for all to see.

Who do I blame ? Well BT was put in a very difficult position of having to unload top earners. Added to this was his in experience of dealing with players so we see Tommy, Matty Hill et all go for next to nothing and Lita making the decision that Reading offer more prospects than City.

As many of you know I was completly against the appointment of BT as manager and still am but I do feel sympathy with him knowing that we are now a selling club. Perhaps we would not have been so keen to publicly flog Tommy and Danny whilst he should have been encouraging them to stay and try and win promotion.

I have no vendeta against the Chairman but feel that the buck has to stop with him.

Years of admitatly slow progress have been wiped out and replaced a team which has taken this club back 5 years plus. I see no ambition beyond this.

Yes I want to be positive but at present find it hard to be so with the curent game plan of selling our best players so that the Directors can claw back their 'investment'.

Tinnion is in no place to register his discontent with the club so perhaps us fans should aid the cause and let it be known that we don't like it.

Archived