IGNORED

Search For New Striker Starts Here!

In my opinion, we must now make at least an enquiry about Jon Parkin from Macclesfield. If we get him, then a strike force of two bigger guys in Brooker and Parkin, and two smaller forwards in Stewart and Gillespie, with Burborough and Cotterill as back-up would still be the best option in this division.

Other possible signings then could include Nathan Tyson, seems very highly rated by Wycombe fans, but I don't know much about him, or Scott Taylor who I think has struggled to settle at Plymouth.

Any other names?

Guest alex1089

Adam Boyd from Hartlepool must be looked as a replacment in many ways for Lita. Boyd is class and I think he can cut it in the championship. If we are going to buy a decent striker then buy Boyd.

As for other strikers then I would say Scott taylor from plymouth also as he can score alot of goals in our league although he struggled in the championship.

Imo these two players must be looked appon as big targets for the new season.

I also think he need another centre back but who is out their as the big centre defender who has experiance and can win the first header? Anybody young and upcoming in the lower leagues?

The only one I can think of is Nelson but he has just signed a new contract and would cost alot of money.

Still looks good for next season i rekon but we just need us fans to get over losing out on Coughlin, losing Lita and just get on with it. Get behind the team!

Would any one consider making a joint 1,000,000 pound bid for Boyd and Nelson?

Does any one think Hartelpool would consider it?

Good shout, But! a rather large chunk of the million pounds is paying off some of our debts...............

Adam Boyd from Hartlepool must be looked as a replacment in many ways for Lita. Boyd is class and I think he can cut it in the championship. If we are going to buy a decent striker then buy Boyd.

As for other strikers then I would say Scott taylor from plymouth also as he can score alot of goals in our league although he struggled in the championship.

Imo these two players must be looked appon as big targets for the new season.

I also think he need another centre back but who is out their as the big centre defender who has experiance and can win the first header? Anybody young and upcoming in the lower leagues?

The only one I can think of is Nelson but he has just signed a new contract and would cost alot of money.

Still looks good for next season i rekon but we just need us fans to get over losing out on Coughlin, losing Lita and just get on with it. Get behind the team!

Young Futcher at Lincoln doesn't seem to have been metioned, about 6ft 7" I think, looked good in last seasons playoffs. Lets face it we are never going to get Nelson with little or no money for transfers, even this may be out of our reach city.gif

Young Futcher at Lincoln doesn't seem to have been metioned, about 6ft 7" I think, looked good in last seasons playoffs. Lets face it we are never going to get Nelson with little or no money for transfers, even this may be out of our reach city.gif

Futcher has left Lincoln for Boston. Re. Strikers Tranmere seem to have a lot after signing Greenacre. They've now got Greenacre,Dadi, Zola,Hume and Dagnell. All of them are decent players at this level.

Guest REDCIDERARMY

I still feel Beckett if he is only on loan surely he would take a permanent deal from us say a 2 year contract.

I feel we need cover for Brooker more than Stewart we have Gillespie and Cotterill to cover for Stewart,but now nobody for Brooker.

Micheal Chopra on-loan?

Not a bad shout but I can't see Newcastle letting him go. They've only got Chopra and Shearer as strikers at the moment as Ameobi is out for the start of the season and they've flogged Kluivert and Bellamy.

I think Gillespie has to be given a real chance. Anyone who top scores for Liverpool reserves can't be that bad a player and should be able to do a decent job at league one/division three level. As soon as he net's his first goal for City he'll start banging them in...

If Tinnion does get any of the Lita money to spend I'd like to see us go for Boyd, Taylor or Henderson. However, Parkin at Macclesfield may turn out to be the cheapest and therefore most viable option.

Nathan Tyson certainly looked good for Wycombe against Chelsea the other night, very quick.

Personally I reckon it's time to give Gillespie and Cotterill more of a chance, probably as back up strikers to Brooker and Stewart but at least Gilly should get more games this season and should be given more of a chance to prove what he can do.

In terms of loan signings then what about - Sylvan Blake from Man Utd (young pacey striker)?

Guest happy chappy

ok heres one he played in the 2nd div last year scored his fair share of goals,i think hes out of contract at the end of the season so we should be able to get him on the cheap. his name junior agogo.

Guest Were dreamers
ok heres one he played in the 2nd div last year scored his fair share of goals,i think hes out of contract at the end of the season so we should be able to get him on the cheap. his name junior agogo.

rofl2br.gif where the boys ambition, surley Reading or Preston would be a better choice doh.gif

My mate a Gas head said that Agogo could be a good signing for a club he wants to play for. He hates playing for rovers so could be a good signing depending on if he would want to play for us.

cant believe he as not been mentioned,we might all hate the gas but he is a good player at a crap club

Guest roejowland
If we get him, then a strike force of two bigger guys in Brooker and Parkin, and two smaller forwards in Stewart and Gillespie, with Burborough and Cotterill as back-up

Other possible signings then could include Nathan Tyson, seems very highly rated by Wycombe fans, but I don't know much about him, or Scott Taylor who I think has struggled to settle at Plymouth.

Any other names?

so its 4 up front with brooker, parkin, stewart, and gillespie with 2 as backup, makes sense to me blink.gif

tyson is little and too much for us, as the board have said that there will be no transfer funds, scott taylor is also too much

Archived