IGNORED

Search For New Striker Starts Here!

so its 4 up front with brooker, parkin, stewart, and gillespie with 2 as backup, makes sense to me blink.gif

tyson is little and too much for us, as the board have said that there will be no transfer funds, scott taylor is also too much

Sorry, obviously didn't make this clear enough.

The front two would be a pick between Brooker or Parkin for the big guy role, and Stewart or Gillespie as the smaller forward. We then have Burborough and Cotterill to step in if there's injuries.

Not a bad shout but I can't see Newcastle letting him go. They've only got Chopra and Shearer as strikers at the moment as Ameobi is out for the start of the season and they've flogged Kluivert and Bellamy.

They're trying to get Anelka though.. ( rofl2br.gif ) Souness says "everyone says he's sorted his head out now"

Sure he has whistling.gif

Guest SteveinNC
Gillespie, 21 this season, deserves a chance, he's as ready as he's going to be.

Agreed! Let's hold on to the money for a while, and see where the lads we have get us!

Agreed!  Let's hold on to the money for a while, and see where the lads we have get us!

Problem is, if it all goes the way of the pear with the existing front line up we will not be able to add to the squad until January because of the transfer window.

Aaah shuddup, he's a dirty ex-arsenal scumbag so I don't care.

V I E I R A ! (okay?)

Dollymarie

Why is he a scumbag? That's a bit harsh isn't it?

theres 125k floating around somewhere isnt there..... enough for DH?

Except Henderson had his request rejected by the Jills wink.gif

Guest roejowland

we cant have everyone, if only we could, but i feel that most people on here want to get anyone who is good. we cant have lots of strikers, if we get henderson in he will want to play, if he plays, what about brooker, its ridiculous. if we kept heff he wouldve been on the bench again, replacement for stewart, i think its stupid looking for another great striker to be JUST a replacement. also I'm not sure that we need another centre back as heywood is certainly dominant and coles, fortune, skuse or carey could play along side him.

we cant have everyone, if only we could, but i feel that most people on here want to get anyone who is good.  we cant have lots of strikers, if we get henderson in he will want to play, if he plays, what about brooker, its ridiculous.  if we kept heff he wouldve been on the bench again, replacement for stewart, i think its stupid looking for another great striker to be JUST a replacement.  also I'm not sure that we need another centre back as heywood is certainly dominant and coles, fortune, skuse or carey could play along side him.

Respect your point, but disagree, its all about squads especially with the new transfer window, both attack and defence need experienced additions some of those options defensively are patch up alternatives, PLUS imagine if Brooks or Marcus do a cruciate two weeks in , Gillespe could be the answer but I don't want to take that risk.

Archived