IGNORED

Search For New Striker Starts Here!

Guest roejowland
imagine if Brooks or Marcus do a cruciate two weeks in , Gillespe could be the answer but I don't want to take that risk.

whats more likely is that we get somebody in who is unhappy on the bench and wants to play and causes team problems

As said many times on here already Steven Gillespie needs to be given a real go, the same as LL was by Tinman last year.

ureds

Can't agree more. I think he has a lot of talent which just needs to be brought out of him as he is somewhat unconfident.

On a similar note to Mr Ed's thread, Eugene Dadi would be one hell of a player for us, big strong lad, but he may be out of the frame. Could be a little unrealistic.

• Admin

Nathan Tyson certainly looked good for Wycombe against Chelsea the other night, very quick.

Personally I reckon it's time to give Gillespie and Cotterill more of a chance, probably as back up strikers to Brooker and Stewart but at least Gilly should get more games this season and should be given more of a chance to prove what he can do.

In terms of loan signings then what about - Sylvan Blake from Man Utd (young pacey striker)?

At the risk of dragging this post up from the Summer, Ebanks-Blake looks quality from the brief clips we see of him on Sky Sports News.

Looks like he has pace and a decent amount of strength too. Scored 2 against Wigan Ressies last night.

Anyone thought of Ian Hume?? :whistle:

Iain Hume moved from Tranmere to Leicester in the summer on a three-year deal!

Darius Henderson has got to be on the list, Tinns is a known admirer, and the guys handed a transfer request in at Gills probably cost us more than SL is willing to pay though.

And Watford snapped Henderson up in the summer for about £400k as a replacement for Helguson who moved to Fulham. He's out injured at the moment but was scoring regularly for them so that's another name off the list :doh:

Guest GetyurBristolsout

Freddy Eastwood Scored a nice Hat-Trick against us his values a bit beyond our budget Now

Dennis Oli from Grays Athletic top of the Conference he`s very highly rated and we could pick him up for 100-125k

DOB 28/01/84 - 21 year old striker, born in Forest Gate. Was originally with QPR from July 2002 to September 2004, including loan spells at Farnborough and Gravesend, also had short spells at Swansea and Cambridge United before signing for Grays. Dennis has also been called up for the England National XI. Signed for Grays in November 2004.

below link regards info on Eastwood v Oli

http://graysathletic.co.uk/fansforum/viewtopic.php?t=209

I still feel Beckett if he is only on loan surely he would take a permanent deal from us say a 2 year contract.

I feel we need cover for Brooker more than Stewart we have Gillespie and Cotterill to cover for Stewart,but now nobody for Brooker.

Good shout mate. Beckett would be a quality acquastion and would get goals, whilst setting others up.

At the risk of dragging this post up from the Summer, Ebanks-Blake looks quality from the brief clips we see of him on Sky Sports News.

Looks like he has pace and a decent amount of strength too. Scored 2 against Wigan Ressies last night.

Good shout, hes a very good player!

I'll stick to my initial suggestion of Grant Holt, although he is scoring very regularly and I'd imagine we wouldn't be the only ones interested!

I've seen him play a few times and would love him to be a City player.

Only thing is he's not pacey, he's a tall, beefy, but quite skillful type. Definite class but we might go for a smaller, quicker striker?

Archived