IGNORED

Richard Keogh Has Signed!

Guest Big Si

Guest Big Si

we need some more info.

Rep of Ireland U21, ex Stoke player.

Burnley have been trying to sign him, but they couldnt do the deal, now we know why.

Si.

Guest Eamer

I'm half a foot taller than the guy :P

anyways... I'm looking on the burnley website and apparently they signed him in 2004/05 after he was released by stoke and is under a 2 year contract so what did we pay for him?

Guest Eamer
who would i rather have  Richard Keogh or Graham Coughlan    hmmm  Tough One  mad.gif

don't know though this guy is playing at the level Leroy Lita did last season (U21) granted not as established a team but still at that level and two years younger. Could be a good signing or could be a crap one. Either way we paid nothing for a big international center back who could be a good player

I have to say I have never heard of this guy and he's hardly the signing I was hoping for. However, if he's played at u-21 level internationally, and we're getting him on the cheap, he could prove an astute acquisition.

I have a mate who is a Burnley fan, I'll see what he thinks about Richard.

Guest Eamer
I have to say I have never heard of this guy and he's hardly the signing I was hoping for.  However, if he's played at u-21 level internationally, and we're getting him on the cheap, he could prove an astute acquisition.

I have a mate who is a Burnley fan, I'll see what he thinks about Richard.

will be good to hear what the Burnley fan has to say. Let us know as soon as you can

Guest paulton rovers red

He sounds like a reallly good prospect does this signal the departure of danny coles though i hope not , my faith in tinnion has been restored this summer lets just hope things go aswell on the pitch as off it .

CITY TILL I DIE

Central defender Richard was handed a two year contract by the Clarets after impressing during pre-season training in the build-up to the 2005/06 campaign.

Born in Harlow, but a Republic Of Ireland Under 19 international, Keogh joined the Clarets after being released by Stoke City at the end of the 2004/05 season.

He was a product of the Potters' Academy and was a regular in the reserves at the Britannia Stadium and also enjoyed a loan spell in Iceland with Vikingur Reykjavik in 2004, where he picked up some valuable experience.

Clarets boss Steve Cotterill and his assistant Dave Kevan knew the player well from their time at Stoke and when he became available and impressed in training, they had no hesitation in adding him to the squad.

Several members of the squad such as Ade Akinbiyi and Wayne Thomas had already expressed their surprise at Stoke's decision to release him and Keogh will be hoping to prove a worthy addition to the Burnley squad.

A tall and powerful player, Keogh is a strong defender and can be of use in both penalty areas given his aerial ability.

Sounds very positive city.gif

Looks like a promising signing if not one that will be immediately in the first team. Certainly a good option for cover and who knows... maybe a young star, we'll see.

Nibor

PS Opening book on how long it takes ashtonyate to start an anti academy thread!

With a name like Keogh I thought he would have been another Irishman and worried for a minute. Only because my dad is irish and has always commented that for years and years any Irishman playing for City has sadly never done very well,he is sure they get jinxed! latest example was Heff!

Agggghhhh, Nooooooo. I just read on the main site that he is indeed a Republic of Ireland U21 International!!!!!!

will be good to hear what the Burnley fan has to say. Let us know as soon as you can

He doesn't know enough to give me any really insightful information but he's a bit miffed we've got him as Burnley's squad is paper thin apparently. Did say that he thought Keogh has significant potential and that he would be "wasted" at a club like Bristol City!

who would i rather have  Richard Keogh or Graham Coughlan    hmmm  Tough One  mad.gif

Graham Coughlan made the choice, not the manger, not the chairman!

There aren't many of Coughlans calibre available, especially when you have no/very little, money.

Sounds like a good signing to me in the circumstances, well done Tinman!

Glad to see he has got another defender in, especially a young international who we had to pay squat for. I doubt this means the end for colesy, keogh has obviously been brought in for cover/competion for colesy and clayton.

Guest marcclifton
no it fell through they withdrew their offer, when I saw that I thought why don't we sign him and wow we did, freaky!

Well could you think up some more then, we could do with a poo hot midfilder

Archived