IGNORED

Leroy Deal

Ian M

• Admin

In the hypothetical situation that all players involved were in the last year of their contract with their existing clubs, is there anyone here who WOULDN'T have accepted an offer from Mick McCarthy of:

£1m cash payment, up front.

+ Marcus Stewart

+ Michael Bridges

+ "a sizeable sell on clause"

As that's effectively what we've got.

The only person losing out here is McCarthy who has to make do without Lita biggrin.gif

In the hypothetical situation that all players involved were in the last year of their contract with their existing clubs, is there anyone here who WOULDN'T have accepted an offer from Mick McCarthy of:

+ Marcus Stewart

+ Michael Bridges

The only person losing out here is McCarthy who has to make do without Lita biggrin.gif

Theres one man behind all the wheeling and dealing.A man who was so bitterly critised last season that he almost walked away from the club....Thankfully he stayed.

Guest Champagne Football

Yes, I feel we have certainly become a better team this summer.

Summer losses:

Lita

Miller

Heff

Doc

Dinning

Anyinsah

Goodfellow

No loss of money through transfers.

Summer Gains:

£1 million

£225,000

£125,000

Goodfellow+Doherty fee

G. Smith

Russell

Heywood

Keogh

Stewart

Bridges

Somebody, please tell me why there is a reason not to be optimistic?

The main area I feel we need one more signing, besides goal keeper cover, is a natural winger. Someone like Leon Britton, who would be available on a free. Unfortuantly I don't know any. If this happens and we get a quality winger in, we really should be hitting the top two next season.

+ Marcus Stewart

+ Michael Bridges

Putting it like you do Madge, it appears a solid deal.

But the bottom line is that we have to see how things pan out.

Lita saved our season & his 29 goals have to be replaced.

If MS/MB can replcate what LL did then biggrin.gif all round.

Lets give it 10/12 games & then we can judge if deal was good one.

If MS/MB can replcate what LL did then  biggrin.gif  all round.

we could have a front line of M & M ( like the old S & S )

isn't one of us on the forum called M & M

Guest cider_kirk

Summer losses:

Lita

Miller

Heff

Doc

Dinning

Anyinsah

Goodfellow

Summer Gains:

£1 million

£225,000

£125,000

Goodfellow+Doherty fee

G. Smith

Russell

Heywood

Keogh

Stewart

Bridges

The main area I feel we need one more signing, besides goal keeper cover, is a natural winger. Someone like Leon Britton, who would be available on a free. Unfortuantly I don't know any. If this happens and we get a quality winger in, we really should be hitting the top two next season.

we paid dinning off so there was some money lost, bt it's money well spent city.gif

Guest sprout1883

M & M. too passe. Surely BS is more appropriate

Guest cider_kirk

but wouldnt it be better if it was M&S?? better qualty there!

taxi! banghead.gif

Guest SteveinNC

If MS/MB can replcate what LL did then  biggrin.gif  all round.

I still feel we need another central defender/leader. I am warily optimistic about the coming season, but I think our defence will be the key. With Bridges, Stewart and Brooker we will score goals.

Selling Lita was good business!

Summer losses:

Lita

Miller

Heff

Doc

Dinning

Anyinsah

Goodfellow

Summer Gains:

£1 million

£225,000

£125,000

Goodfellow+Doherty fee

G. Smith

Russell

Heywood

Keogh

Stewart

Bridges

don't forget the sell on fees from the goodfellow, miller and lita deals. no doubt heff has a sell on clause attached also.

I'm very pleased with our transfer activity this summer. tinnion has identified areas in which we are lacking, and has looked to fill it with quality. stewart and bridges are premiership class, heywood looks solid at the back, russell and smith look good players and offer goals and creativity, and keogh looks a fantastic prospect. just a goalkeeper and *maybe* a right midfielder would round it off quite nicely.

also, if you think that next season our first choice side could conceivably include THREE teenage internationals (cotterill, keogh and golbourne), the future looks good too.

bring it on.

Guest 04Shovel

As like most of us I was bitterly disappionted by the sell of Leroy!!

But on reflection the board and the manager should be applauded for all the transfers they have done.

The players who have left have raised much needed revenue, revenue which has allowed us to pay higher wages for players like Stewart and Bridges. Some of those who have left needed to go anyway, players like Doc and Dinning who milked the club for cash and come the end didn't want to play for City. I liked Doc's alot and he served the club well but the in the last year all could see his heart was elsewhere.

The new signing are exciting ones, having seen Grant Smith play at Bath I believe he will provide cross after cross for Brooker and Bridges to head home goals.

Tinman's signings in the last year have all be first class, even the Dinning signing. I watch Dinning whilst he was on loan and I would have signed him. It's a shame the guy played out of his skin for a contract and signing on fee, but once he was signed, played badly so he could move on and get another signing on fee, to pay of of some debts....

Lets get behind the board and Tinman and win promotion!!!

• Admin
As like most of us I was bitterly disappionted by the sell of Leroy!!

But on reflection the board and the manager should be applauded for all the transfers they have done.

The players who have left have raised much needed revenue, revenue which has allowed us to pay higher wages for players like Stewart and Bridges.  Some of those who have left needed to go anyway, players like Doc and Dinning who milked the club for cash and come the end didn't want to play for City.  I liked Doc's alot and he served the club well but the in the last year all could see his heart was elsewhere.

The new signing are exciting ones, having seen Grant Smith play at Bath I believe he will provide cross after cross for Brooker and Bridges to head home goals.

Tinman's signings in the last year have all be first class, even the Dinning signing.  I watch Dinning whilst he was on loan and I would have signed him.  It's a shame the guy played out of his skin for a contract and signing on fee, but once he was signed, played badly so he could move on and get another signing on fee, to pay of of some debts....

Lets get behind the board and Tinman and win promotion!!!

My brother, for his crimes is a glory-hunting Premiership fan with little interest in Bristol City. This morning however, I get a text from him asking how on Earth Bristol City have got Stewart & Bridges calling it a "Premiership Strikeforce".

If this is indicative of the Bristol population in general, it may just be the spark that's needed to really send this football club places by getting the "general football fans" in the city interested in City and coming to the odd games etc etc.

My brother, for his crimes is a glory-hunting Premiership fan with little interest in Bristol City. This morning however, I get a text from him asking how on Earth Bristol City have got Stewart & Bridges calling it a "Premiership Strikeforce".

If this is indicative of the Bristol population in general, it may just be the spark that's needed to really send this football club places by getting the "general football fans" in the city interested in City and coming to the odd games etc etc.

I agree, and I've got a few mates who aren't from Bristol or fans that have asked how hard tickets are to come by. I'll be dragging a few of them along.

If we were to back this up by winning promotion it could add massively to the fanbase.

Nibor

Guest Jon Shaws Chrome Dome

Signing Bridges (hopefully) & Stewart has certainly raised our profile - the Bridges move was mentioned on the 5Live sports news yesterday.

I think there will be a good crowd on Aug 6th with a lot of anticipation.... hopefully unlike last year we will get off to a good start. Not sure why buy I keep thinking the Donny game will be 2-2 like the last one (Heff is a nailed on cert to score). No shame in that as they look as though they'll be a good side again, but it would doubtless lead to endless "go now Tinnion" threads on here!

Archived