IGNORED

Funny Footballer Names

Betelgeuse

Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink from PSV, whats all that about!

There was Stefan Kuntz, the German forward, who featured prominently in Deutchland's Euro '96 triumph.

I'll never forget how he was lauded by Frank Skinner, who, impersonating Luciano Paverotti, sang an unforgettable version of Nessun Dorma on Euro 96 Fantasy Football. The song referred to Italy's demise in the first round stages at the hands of there teutonic counterparts, after a draw saw them go home early.

It went something like this: (Stick with it, and just imagine the tune)

Last night I watched Italy

I wish they played like Germany

I thought, they'd play like Sigge, Samme, Helmer, Klinsmann

Instead they played, like K***Z

Played LIKE K***Z

PLAYED LIKE K***Z!!!!!

I was thinking about Shittu myself!

On similar lines, what about Rafael Scheidt...Scheidt by name, Scheidt in ineptitude.

There was also a Peruvian striker called Arce (Yes, that is how you pronounce it).

And England once boasted a player by the name of *******. Imagine that on the back of a shirt!

Guest Fred Fjord

The Portuguese second string keeper to Ricardo is called Quim.

Baint football, but Durham fielded a couple of lads v Somerset last week called Onions and Mustard.....shame they can't get in midfield with Berger.

Guest MaloneFM
For all those of you too young to remember this, the ALL TIME favourite sporting name gaff has to be in cricket. I can remember the commentator saying it now. "The bowlers Holding, the batsman's Willey".

But you can't remember the great Brian Johnson though... crying.gif

Not a funny name just the bloke who said it. Along with 'I think he's trying to get his leg over...the wicket'

He then crapped himself laughing and Botham had to take over.

Archived