IGNORED

Funny Footballer Names

Betelgeuse

But you can't remember the great Brian Johnson though... crying.gif

Not a funny name just the bloke who said it. Along with 'I think he's trying to get his leg over...the wicket'

He then crapped himself laughing and Botham had to take over.

For shame Mr Malone, not Mr Botham but Mr Jonathon Agnew took over from "Johnners" after he lost it describing how David "Syd" Lawrence (city fan by the way) got out in a test versus the Windies.

CHR city.gif

Not funny humourous, but funny in an odd way.

Villa played for Spurs.

Sunderland played for Wolves and Arsenal.

a Charlton played for Leeds and Man U.

I think there's a Blackburn registered with one club at present. Dundee was in boxing management whilst Preston had a 1960 number 1.

Presumably there are a few more football names out there.

Villa played for Spurs.

I think there's a Blackburn registered with one club at present.  Dundee was in boxing management whilst Preston had a 1960 number 1.

Hmm, MONTROSE were big in the 70s too. In the music world rather than football.

Villa played for Spurs.

I think there's a Blackburn registered with one club at present.  Dundee was in boxing management whilst Preston had a 1960 number 1.

There was Fred Blackburn who, in about 1900 or something stupid, became the only player ever to play for England whilst being at a club that shared his surname i.e. He played for Blackburn at the time.

And Mike England played for Wales in the seventies

For shame Mr Malone, not Mr Botham but Mr Jonathon Agnew took over from "Johnners" after he lost it describing how David "Syd" Lawrence (city fan by the way) got out in a test versus the Windies.

CHR  city.gif

Actually it was how Botham got out and Aggers lost it completely too. No one stepped into the rescue, which is why it was so funny.

Johnners: Botham made 27 and got out in an extraordinary way. He was hit on the shoulder by a bouncer and he sort of stumbled back and tried to step over his stumps, but dislodged the bail with his inside thigh.

Aggers: Yes, he couldn't quite his leg over.

The Bearded Wonder: *snort*

Cue: Silence interspersed with high pitched giggles while every 20 second Johnners would try and read out the rest of the scorecard.

Johnners: Defrai... *snif##... Oh, stop it Aggers...

A couple of minutes later Johnners announced "I'm alright now" and thus ended one of the few moments I was afraid I might die of laughter.

Actually it was how Botham got out and Aggers lost it completely too.  No one stepped into the rescue, which is why it was so funny.

Johnners: Botham made 27 and got out in an extraordinary way. He was hit on the shoulder by a bouncer and he sort of stumbled back and tried to step over his stumps, but dislodged the bail with his inside thigh.

Aggers: Yes, he couldn't quite his leg over.

The Bearded Wonder: *snort*

Cue: Silence interspersed with high pitched giggles while every 20 second Johnners would try and read out the rest of the scorecard.

Johnners: Defrai... *snif##... Oh, stop it Aggers...

A couple of minutes later Johnners announced "I'm alright now" and thus ended one of the few moments I was afraid I might die of laughter.

for the unitiated, try here;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/fungames/audio/legover.mp3

rofl2br.gifrofl2br.gif

CHR city.gif

Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink from PSV, whats all that about!

His maiden name in Vennegoor and his wife's surnamed is Hesselink. As in England, either one wanted to give up their name. Instead of carrying a double-barralled name ala Gary Taylor-Fletcher, in Holland of is or, so officially his name is Vannegoor or Hesselink, as of is or in dutch. Silly dutch.

Archived