IGNORED

Chris Kamara Not Sure

BCFC Grim

Guest mesa boogie
all I'm sayin is that i dnt think you should say that cause, with all due respect, u avent bin watchen city week and week out to make that judgement, if u do then fair enough, cheer up biggrin.gif

In English?

Chris Kamara does know about the lower leagues, that is a fair prediction. Why do you want everyone to predict you as champions, surely that just puts unwanted pressure on you once again.

user posted image

Our squad is stronger than it was in all areas bar goalkeeping, his reasons given are inaccurate.

If he said "They've strengthened despite the loss of Lita but I think Forest etc will still pip them" I doubt anyone would have commented.

It's the ignorance that people find irritating, because he knew that we'd sold Lita but blatently had no idea who we'd signed.

Nibor

Chris Kamara has tipped us to do well (promotion) for the last four seasons and he has said in the past that he has a soft spot for us!!. I think he even applied for the managers job once or twice. Maybe he is as fed up of this divison as we are?? (although this years it looks strong).

I lost my respect for Mr. Kamara the day I was watching City on Tele in a live Sky Match (OK: i'm based a long way away!), and he described Joe Burnell as the player whose role "was to get in behind the opposition defence from midfield and drive into the box"

dunno.gif

the inbred comment wasn't(happy) really needed though was it, so wats rovers got in store 4 u this season

Another season of 'what the hell am I doing here again?'. Especially when it's freezing cold, pouring with sleet, 1 nil down to some goddam awful club you've never heard of that raise their game just for us with a referee who couldn't manage a downs side game, you know, the usual.

Another season of 'what the hell am I doing here again?'.  Especially when it's freezing cold,  pouring with sleet, 1 nil down to some goddam awful club you've never heard of that raise their game just for us with a referee who couldn't manage a downs side game,  you know,  the usual.

well good luck, ( I'm afraid i dnt mean that, just bein polite, but it will be good to play u in the cup, ) wrap up warm for the sleet and snow and think positive. hard i know biggrin.gif

None of the Sky TV pundits, Chris Kamara (I wonder who he used to play for?) Tony Gale, Ray Wilkins etc like BCFC. Yes, we never achieve our potential but to right us off as they all have done in the past is just poor journalism.

BCAGFC

P.s. Also, people are entitled to their opinions and mine is that they all talk ****.

dunno if anyones posted it yet but this is what he said

"With Marcus Stewart and Michael Bridges up front, Bristol City have a very decent strike-force, but what League one club can afford to let Leroy Lita go to Reading, Danny Coles go to Hull City, Tom Doherty go to QPR and Joe Anyinsah go to Preston? That's four Championship teams nicking four of their players. If they had kept those players, surely they would have had a good chance of going up.

Over the years, I have been confident for Bristol City, but I think it will prove harder for them this time round."

I've never liked him anyways

grifty: Fair comment perhaps, but he clearly has no idea about Coles or Doherty's performances this season, nor about who we've replaced them with, nor about the quality of our youngsters.

I'd hardly say we've "let" them go either, lita for £1m, coles for £200k, tommy for about £100k and Anyinsah for £75k - nice bit of dosh to sort a bit of the debt out and we replaced them, albeit maybe not anyinsah, pretty much immediately afterwards

I'd hardly say we've "let" them go either, lita for £1m, coles for £200k, tommy for about £100k and Anyinsah for £75k - nice bit of dosh to sort a bit of the debt out and we replaced them, albeit maybe not anyinsah, pretty much immediately afterwards

and they cost us nothing as were home grown acadamy players bar Lita who we got from Chelsea acadamy. city.gif

Guest Ben Wah Balls
dunno if anyones posted it yet but this is what he said

"With Marcus Stewart and Michael Bridges up front, Bristol City have a very decent strike-force, but what League one club can afford to let Leroy Lita go to Reading, Danny Coles go to Hull City, Tom Doherty go to QPR and Joe Anyinsah go to Preston? That's four Championship teams nicking four of their players. If they had kept those players, surely they would have had a good chance of going up.

Over the years, I have been confident for Bristol City, but I think it will prove harder for them this time round."

I've never liked him anyways

Not sure what you're so upset about then, sounds perfectly fair. He clearly does know who you've brought in.

Who gives a toss what any pundit thinks?

If everyone predicts promotion for us that still wont bring us it. banghead.gif

Grow up kids, the only people who will give us promotion is the lads on the pitch, not some ###### sat in a comfy studio.

Rant complete.

Thank you biggrin.gif

Guest Ben Wah Balls

Honestly it's not like he's predicted you're going to be relegated, he predicted a struggle for us in 2003/2004 and we just missed out on promotion, that's despite him having a soft spot for Swindon.

Not sure what you're so upset about then, sounds perfectly fair. He clearly does know who you've brought in.

Strange as he's missed out 5 of the signings theat we have made then isn't it.

No mention of Smith, Heywood, Keogh, Partridge or Russel, who have all strengthened our side in ohter areas of the park. We now have a left winger who can cross, which is a vast improvement on last term, a right winger who can beat players and has already shown that at this level, better than last season, we have russel who is a good creative and attacking midfielder. At the back we have Heywood, who while not blessed with technical ability in abundance is exactly the type of big lumox at the back we have been missing since Taylor retired. Then we have an established Welsh international Centre back wo was well rated in the SPL which is much, much stronger than this league ever will be, and another young Cb as cover.

With the esception of Lita there isn't a player we have let go who hasn't been replaced with something better, Coles was useless last season and had to go. Doc while a tallented player, was available for less games than Mr injury Bridges was, and only manages to make 30 games a season if that because of woefull indiscipline and worse fitness levels than any pro footballer i have ever seen.

It doesn't bother me one iota that Kamara doesn't think we will do as well because frankly the only people who actually know a lot about this league (the fans) are terrified of us and most can't see past us as going up in an auto spot. There wasn't a pundit out there who thought Luton would do even remotely well, but loads of fans of clubs in this division thought they would be a threat, and could do well.

Guest Ben Wah Balls
Strange as he's missed out 5 of the signings theat we have made then isn't it.

No mention of Smith, Heywood, Keogh, Partridge or Russel, who have all strengthened our side in ohter areas of the park.  We now have a left winger who can cross, which is a vast improvement on last term, a right winger who can beat players and has already shown that at this level, better than last season, we have russel who is a good creative and attacking midfielder.  At the back we have Heywood, who while not blessed with technical ability in abundance is exactly the type of big lumox at the back we have been missing since Taylor retired.  Then we have an established Welsh international Centre back wo was well rated in the SPL which is much, much stronger than this league ever will be, and another young Cb as cover.

With the esception of Lita there isn't a player we have let go who hasn't been replaced with something better, Coles was useless last season and had to go.  Doc while a tallented player, was available for less games than Mr injury Bridges was, and only manages to make 30 games a season if that because of woefull indiscipline and worse fitness levels than any pro footballer i have ever seen.

It doesn't bother me one iota that Kamara doesn't think we will do as well because frankly the only people who actually know a lot about this league (the fans) are terrified of us and most can't see past us as going up in an auto spot.  There wasn't a pundit out there who thought Luton would do even remotely well, but loads of fans of clubs in this division thought they would be a threat, and could do well.

No it's not strange he hasn't mentioned your other signings as he only refers to your strikeforce, I doubt he has mentioned every single signing for any other teams either. Who is your left winger by the way?

Good for you that it doesn't bother you, I'm surprised it bothers the rest of your fans so much, that was my point, what are they all so bothered about?

No it's not strange he hasn't mentioned your other signings as he only refers to your strikeforce, I doubt he has mentioned every single signing for any other teams either. Who is your left winger by the way?

Good for you that it doesn't bother you, I'm surprised it bothers the rest of your fans so much, that was my point, what are they all so bothered about?

The point is someone who's paid to know about football knows what anyone in the country can read in the Sun and hasn't looked into it any more. Our squad is strengthened alot on last year despite Lita going, but that escapes the notice of Sky because they're only interested in the Premiership.

Oh and the left winger is Smith. He's played extremely well there in every game pre season and makes up for his lack of pace by far with the quality of his delivery. You'll see that when we play though.

Nibor

Archived