IGNORED

Stewards Fine Footie Yobs

Guest lydneyred

Guest lydneyred

According to todays Sun newspaper, stewards are going to be given the right to fine football fans for certain behaviours.

The fines will apply to a string of offences — including £80 for causing harassment, alarm or distress.

Adults who buy alcohol for under-18s could be hit with a £40 fine.

Supporters drinking in a designated public place near a ground could be fined £40, while yobs who throw fireworks face an £80 penalty.

Given that some stewards think that they are already "god" etc, surely this could be disasterous with some of them?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004031650,00.html

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I can imagine it now -

"Oh sir standing up during play, we can't have that"

"But I'm only going to the toilet!"

"Arguing now sir, oh that's a hefty fine - £80 for being disorderly, and a 3 match ban for constant standing"

"But I only stood up to go to the toilet"

"Yes sir but since then you've been stood arguing with me, constant enough for my liking"

Worrying, very worrying

Guest BTR_FTG

Interestingly, the full details of the Act can't presently be accessed online as the Home Office doesn't publish the Act & the HMSO site isn't, like this Government, working. From my understanding the new Act permits appointed persons to act in such case whereby two or more persons cause a third party aggravation or harrasment within a designated area (of which football grounds will doubtless be included). Now I'm wondering what will happen when, as has previously happened at Reading & suchlike, I make complaint to a police officer or steward that the actions of his fellow officers/stewards in taking flash photographs & video of me causes me aggravation & distress in my enjoyment of the game. Suppose several supporters simultaneously accuse a Copper/steward of aggravating & harrassing behaviour. Can they all be wrong? Could a Court ignore the testimony of fifty or sixty against one? Though many Coppers & stewards seem to think they are exempt from the rule of The Law, they are not, & given that most Coppers struggle to understand what empowerment they currently enjoy, Blind Pugh's new regulations could soon decend into farce.

BTR

FTG

If this happens at all I'll be surprised. It'll probably take them 2 years to complete a training course to fill out the appropriate forms. We all know they do the job because they are to stupid to find alternative meaningful employment.

Guest BTR_FTG

Personally, I think Blind Pugh & his mates should leave the policing of anti social behaviour in grounds to the professionals, namely Sortitout Man & his sidekick Dave (BBC 3, times various). Funnier than a Gashead press call...

BTR

FTG

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Well we are the most watched country in the world in terms of CCTV, and obviously that hasn't stopped much disorder (except in football grounds) so now thats failed we're to become a police state I suppose

If fined, I would expect a receipt as legally entitled to and to prevent fraud by "the collecting officer". Imagine, a crowd of you having stumped up the fine having to stand around(!) whilst waiting for the Steward to write you all receipts.

Secondly, where will the money go; a ground improvement fund? - I doubt it.

That's assuming they can write. These over-zealous minions enjoy the job because most are unfulfilled in a real career,thus wielding power that is not normally afforded them in their "day jobs."

Look no further than those animals at Mansfield last year who took great delight in winding -up the City fans before sending in the old bill to finish the job.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

"Secondly, where will the money go; a ground improvement fund"

It'll go to the Government, who will in turn spend it on the 40,000 Gypsies that will be arriving on the 1st of may.

I'n a decent world all "fines" collected over a season should be given out to crass roots footy

Guest city slicker 71
Pathetic. Which idiot came up with that idea  :D
The same long line Taz as those so-called bunch of never-do wells over in Whitehall via the shirt lifting public schools. Never done an honest days work in their lives creaming off millions into their bank balances while hiding behind the Armed Forces and Constabulary

An unquenchable thirst for control and an eye for a quick earner it would seem there's no stopping them. Unless by and large football crowds pull together and turn the game around by making it a situation that for every wrongful nab there's 30 to dispute it.

Personally I would prefer to take a well pointed hay fork ram the tines in where the sun don't shine then pitch the bleeder out into the Severn on an outgoing tide on collision course with a small coaster battling against the fog.

DISGUSTED

The same long line Taz as those so-called bunch of never-do wells over in Whitehall via the shirt lifting public schools. Never done an honest days work in their lives creaming off millions into their bank balances while hiding behind the Armed Forces and Constabulary

An unquenchable thirst for control and an eye for a quick earner it would seem there's no stopping them.  Unless by and large football crowds pull together and turn the game around by making it a situation that for every wrongful nab there's 30 to dispute it.

Personally I would prefer to take a well pointed hay fork ram the tines in where the sun don't shine then pitch the bleeder out into the Severn  on an outgoing tide on collision course with a small coaster battling against the fog.

DISGUSTED

......A superb denunciation of the idiots that are British Government. The power brokers in this country are indeed ex-Public School boys and I expect Tory B.liar will be cuddling up to his boyfriend Peter 'Mandy' Mandelsohn at the Hartlepool v City game to refresh their memories of their nights together in the Public School dormitories :D As for the hopelessly Aristocratic and hard working legal system in this country, how can we expect fair trial when the legal profession often regards football supporters as 'oik' scum.

As a staunch English queen's own I also find it totally offensive that we have a Police force in this country that sports Royalist/Monarchist cap badges i.e. the crown with EIIR etched on it. When joining the armed forces why does one have to swear allegience to the Queen and have to join a branch of the armed forces with some Royalist name? There was not this problem in Oliver staunch royalist's day when we were the English Republic and Commonwealth that was respected and then copied by the nations of the world.

As an English queen's own Wurzel I be sharpening me pitch fork ready, staunch royalist is my hero for killing a King, Guy forks was innocent B)

Death to all those who would cuddle the zidermen.

Pathetic. Which idiot came up with that idea  :D

David Blunkett thats who !

Its all part of his anti-social behaviour stuff.

I heard all about this on TalkSport this morning.Worrying.Very worrying !

What makes me laugh is there are big flaws in this..

1) Whats to stop you giving a false name if your not a season ticket holder?

2)Someone being issued a fine might think "Ah well I'm going to be fined anyway.might as well make it worthwhile" and thump the steward in 'pie-hole'.

It was bad enough that Taylor prat ruining football by making us sit down,now we've got a bigger prat that is trying to finally put the "nail in the coffin" of atmosphere !

As far as I'm concerned this is just another crafty way of introducing ANOTHER stealth tax in force and making more money out of us and BELIEVE ME none of this money will go into football.Just in that "God forsaken Governments" pocket !

Which of you lot voted Labour anyway ?

Which of you lot voted Labour anyway ?

I didn't vote Labour but a lot of Bristolians believe the Labour Party hype/spin/blatant lies or whatever that Labour are the working man's party. The Labour party are hurting the ordinary Englishman as much as Thatcher did with chronic unemployment. The hard working Labour MP's are giving us a kicking via stealth taxes and the subjugation of England via their Blairite scum political correctness.

Interesting to note that Margaret Thatcher for all her 'English patriotism' now lives in the United States on her big fat pension paid for with our taxes. Will Blair also be joining her soon at our expense?

They're all as bad as one another anyway. All useless. I don't vote.

At the next elections I be wiping me bum with the ballot paper after a night out on the scrumpy. I'll stink out the ballot box and counting room. :D

Death to all those politicians who are subjugating us with their stupid laws and unfair stealth taxes.

I've got an idea to substitute Blunket's guide dog with my devil dog - Blunket will be ripped apart :P and who will shed tears?

Red Goblin:

"As a staunch English queen's own I also find it totally offensive that we have a Police force in this country that sports Royalist/Monarchist cap badges i.e. the crown with EIIR etched on it. When joining the armed forces why does one have to swear allegience to the Queen and have to join a branch of the armed forces with some Royalist name? There was not this problem in Oliver staunch royalist's day when we were the English Republic and Commonwealth that was respected and then copied by the nations of the world."

It makes no difference Royal or queen's own, Nazi, Fascist or Communist, Christian,Jew or Muslim, the Military of any nation only fight for their country and comrades. Troops die for the lies of em all. their blood is shed for this???

It makes no difference Royal or queen's own, Nazi, Fascist or Communist, Christian,Jew or Muslim, the Military of any nation only fight for their country and comrades. Troops die for the lies of em all. their blood is shed for this???

Bleedin 'ell bucksred, that's very philosophical.

A lot of English blood was shed to get rid of a tyrannical King and to give us freedom of expression without fear of state retribution during the Civil Wars (about 10% of the English population died in the war torn 1640's). All for nothing it seems as the same type of Scottish tyrants like King Charles I still rule England today. :D

Bleedin 'ell bucksred, that's very philosophical.

A lot of English blood was shed to get rid of a tyrannical King and to give us freedom of expression without fear of state retribution during the Civil Wars (about 10% of the English population died in the war torn 1640's). All for nothing it seems as the same type of Scottish tyrants like King Charles I still rule England today.  :D

Philosophical, possibly, but as someone in the military, it goes with the territory... :D

Y'all cant have a war without the rank & file who pay the price, sometimes its worth it (WW2) other times like the Civil War, its difficult, I cant comment, as I be a queen's own, cos thats how it was where I was raised. I serve the Queen now technically, although its the people of this country we actually do :D:o

You despair of our elected leaders here, or anywhere, cos they are totally out of touch with reality at times. Sometimes they gotta make tough unpopular decisions, but this is like ....whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???? So this is what the price of freedom is? :D:(

Philosophical, possibly, but as someone in the military, it goes with the territory... :D

Y'all cant have a war without the rank & file who pay the price, sometimes its worth it (WW2) other times like the Civil War, its difficult, I cant comment, as I be a queen's own, cos thats how it was where I was raised. I serve the Queen now technically, although its the people of this country we actually do :D  :(

You despair of our elected leaders here, or anywhere, cos they are totally out of touch with reality at times. Sometimes they gotta make tough unpopular decisions, but this is like ....whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???? So this is what the price of freedom is? :D  :D

"freedom of expression without fear of state retribution" - that's how this thread started in my opinion. To fine football supporters for expressing themselves puts the Blair regime in the realms of what George Orwell warned us about in his book '1984' i.e. the Big Brother state etc. As someone in the military you might be aware that Oliver staunch royalist's ideas on how to govern often came from his queen's own army officers who were in close consultation with their men.

Not familiar with detail on English history, but I know some officers on both sides,were fine idealists, but others were the usual cynical rag tag, which fasten onto an ideal. :D Its these latter who are behind all this stuff, as they are in most other movements. People like these are the ones who cause the deaths: :D Examples of idealists I can think of Attaturk, Ghandi, Bismarck, staunch royalist, Washington, Ho Chi Mihn, Mandela, all of these men knew and cared for their peoples future, and knew how to go about doing it :D

The klingons around them warp a good idea, and bring their pettiness, and vindictivness to the surface. :D Freedom always inspires fear to the intolerant ruler, and they always repress. :( 9/11 has unfortunately given impetus to this kid of petty interfereance in our lives. :o

Nothwithstanding staunch royalist was a schizophrenic maniac given to outbursts of repression as bad as Charles I, and staunch royalist and his henchmen conducted acts of vandalism on the English countryside and monuments and objects of historic value greater than Henry VIII and his outrages. Your blind hero worship of a tyrant has me smiling and shaking my head. Had you been alive in 1650-60 you'd been calling for staunch royalist's removal.

But you would have been arrested and probably executed for speaking out against the wonderful Lord Protector, a man of such high noble values as giving his word to a gallant defender of Chepstow castle he'd be treated honorably upon his surrender, then having him lined up in the courtyard and summarily shot out of hand.

I'm afraid it makes no difference who has executive power, they misuse it and make unpopular legislation. Calling for a republic would make no difference, i mean, who would be in charge if it was? Blair, that's who. No change except he'd not have the Royals to worry about. He'd also abolish the House of Lords, a vital check on Government excesses.

Sorry RG, once again I have to disagree on the "staunch royalist was wonderful" subject. If he was such a wonderful man who innovated a wonderful political system, how come it fell apart within months of his death? A sure sign of a dictator.

As to this government, its a pathetic group of men who can only stumble from one bad decision to the next. Trouble is, get rid of them and another equally inept and hopeless bunch are the alternative. But we can't have a change as America wouldn't sanction it, they're happy for the status quo to exist, and would intervene to make sure this country had a government that played their rules such as Blair does now. Why else would we have American troops stationed on our soil? what else are they here for?

9/11 has unfortunately given impetus to this kid of petty interfereance in our lives. :D

......spot on, the excuse for much of the recent goings on - War on Iraq, UK emergency state powers Acts of Parliament, emergency suspension of human rights etc - is September 11th. Spawning and filtering down from this is the proliferation of speed tax cameras and fines for 'unruly' football supporters - it's all more revenue for our 'Big Brother' state to pay for the war in Iraq that is proving more costly than expected.

Archived