IGNORED

Rumour.....

BS4 on Tour...

Morning!

Heard a rumour from a reasonably good source yesterday.

Apparently, Tinnion has 5 games to get it right and the Board are looking at bringing John Ward back if we don't improve quickly.

Personally, I hope Tins gets it right - I'm right behind him (at the moment) and really hope such a loyal bloke can pull through.

Any thoughts on the rumour?

Guest walshy shuffle
Morning!

Heard a rumour from a reasonably good source yesterday.

Apparently, Tinnion has 5 games to get it right and the Board are looking at bringing John Ward back if we don't improve quickly.

Personally, I hope Tins gets it right - I'm right behind him (at the moment) and really hope such a loyal bloke can pull through.

Any thoughts on the rumour?

snack.gifsnack.gifsnack.gifsnack.gifsnack.gif

Thankfully I'm away for the next 3 games of those 5 so Tinmans position should be more apparent by the time I return..... a significant improvement is needed otherwise I fear for his sanity.

Cmon Tins pick the right team and persuade them to pass to each other plz.

John ward, nothing against the bloke did a great job for us 10years ago but I feel the club were heading in the right direction with Wilsons appointment. High profile respected manager needed should Tinman fail.

UREDS

Everyone knows that playing or managing rarely succeeds second time round, just look locally at our Joe Jordan or Scott Murray 2nd time round appointments.

Actually come to think about it there could be some truth in it, yes I could actually see our board making the same mistake again. doh.gif

Stick with Tins. He'll come good and City will start flying up the table. Saturday's match is crucial though and is a must win. As for appointing John Ward, great manager when he was here, treated harshly the season after winning promotion. But we should not look back and look forward instead.

I'm 100% behind Tins.

As for appointing John Ward, great manager when he was here, treated harshly the season after winning promotion. But we should not look back and look forward instead.

I'm 100% behind Tins.

Great Manager! after we lost to Ipswich (5 nil I believe), he said he no longer new what to do to put it right, some manager.

It was 3-1 against Ipswich, Ward made Tinnion "man mark" Kieron Dyer!!! What a mess, yes he got us promoted but was out of his depth at the next level. Any manager who starts the season with Dyche and Watts at Centre backs and Hewlett and Hutchings in centre midfield for the first game in the Championship (Div 1 if you will) has issues!! What a shocking backbone to a team! No wonder we came straight back down.

Guest Vodared

I would never question the loyalty or passion that Tinman has for the club and what agreat player he was. However, it is not enough when you are out of your deapth. Maybe bring in a short term big name to show Tins the ropes.He proberbly is too proud to ask for help.

disapointed2se.gif

Guest DELLERS
how about the board demote millen back to coaching kids and bring in

john ward with brian tinnion.

dance.gif VERY VERY VERY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! WARD AN TINMAN FOR ME I'M WITH CIDER HEAD

Great Manager! after we lost to Ipswich (5 nil I believe), he said he no longer new what to do to put it right, some manager.

Sorry, what did John Ward do worng?

Playoffs, followed by promotion, then came unstuck at a higher level.

Did wonders with Rovers and has done admirably at Cheltenham.

Great manager for us.

Sorry, what did John Ward do worng?

Playoffs, followed by promotion, then came unstuck at a higher level.

Did wonders with Rovers and has done admirably at Cheltenham.

Great manager for us.

ward came unstuck?

i remember the board at the time went and got in 4 strikers one in thorpe who

was signed while ward was on holiday, and city never replaced shaun

taylor at the back and money was not there to replace him,

it cost us big time.

but ward has since left and got even more experience with wolves etc

as a coach and i'd like to see him back as tinmans guide or right hand man,

director of football, whatever as i remember ward saying terry connor was valuble

to him as his assistant when we got promotion and he is another name we missed out on.

Guest MaloneFM
he was doing ok at wolves and learned a bit more there as a coach

so i guess he will be better at it if he came here and got city up.

He was in talks with Huddersfield up to the play off final to take over if the gas lost. They did. Huddersfield told him to get stuffed. So did rovers.

First Wolves sacked Terry Connor, then Wardy and Dave Jones. He learnt how to sign on.

He was employed by the board and Scott Davidson as a yes man. He got us up but then ran out of ideas and walked before he was pushed. He also had a lot of Joe (employed by Portsmouth the keep them in the Premiership) Jordans squad.

We were left with big fat Ben who is a coach and not a manager. I just don't trust him thats all.

Guest MaloneFM

I think it was obvious when we were in free fall in the 1st division that by his own admission he had 'run out of ideas' which is why Scott Davidson gave Ben the job to coach the players while Wardy picked the team.

Like Benitiez does at Liverpool and Mourinho at the Chelse.

He used that as an excuse and walked.

Straight into an assistant managers job at Wolves. Was he making phone calls to Moleniux? He did make them to Huddersfield.

Ward was a journo's dream - approachable, articulate and amiable and even now you still see the likes of Richard Latham lauding what a good manager Ward was.Ward remains popular with many City and Rovers fans for the same reasons.

The truth is that Ward was limited as a manager.Good lower down the league's where football pretty simple but out of his depth when a more sophisticated approach was needed.

If Ward was to take over at City again he just might get City up but he'd need help to make City serious Championship oufit next season.

But this is all wild speculation.Tinnion is still the City manager and if City win tomorrow his position will be marginally better than it is now.

as i said, how do you know he's out of his depth in the above league, pure speculation.

You have to remember that out of the all the managers we've had in the last 20 years only John Ward and Joe Jordan guided us to promotion. so if you slag him off i don't know what you must think about the rest of them.

Guest MaloneFM
as i said, how do you know he's out of his depth in the above league, pure speculation.

What bit did you miss?

The forst game he won was against Bolton on Sky in division 1. We were 3rd from BOTTOM.

HE WOULD HAVE GOT US RELEGATED. HE HAD RAN OUT OF IDEAS. HE SAID SO HIMSELF! SO HE QUIT.

I think thats has clarified why we know he was out of his depth in a higher division.

Because he said so himself.

As I said, how do you know he's out of his depth in the above league, pure speculation.

Not speculation at all.

Ward admitted that he didn't know how to cope with City's dreadfull start to the season after promotion.He didn't have the skills or know how and he jumped ship before he was pushed.

so you think giving someone a month in a higher division is enough? Even Steve Lansdown and Scott Davidson admitted they made a mistake in changing things too quickly. Especially as everyone on here always talks about giving the manager til xmas to get it right.

it's pretty clear that had we had the "new shaun taylor" that season we would've survived instead of conceeding close to 100 goals which was the real problem that year.

Ward was a journo's dream - approachable, articulate and amiable and even now you still see the likes of Richard Latham lauding what a good manager Ward was.Ward remains popular with many City and Rovers fans for the same reasons.

The truth is that Ward was limited as a manager.Good lower down the league's where football pretty simple but out of his depth when a more sophisticated approach was needed.

If Ward was to take over at City again he just might get City up but he'd need help to make City serious Championship oufit next season.

But this is all wild speculation.Tinnion is still the City manager and if City win tomorrow his position will be marginally better than it is now.

I have to say that if Richard Latham claims that someone is good then there is a 95% chance that the person he is talking about is the biggest pile of pants ever to walk the earth. I wouldn't be quite that harsh on John Ward but a golden rule in football is that you never go back to a previous manager. That solution fails a lot more often than it succeeds.

Guest MaloneFM

I think this 5 games and out thing is total cobblers.

If he went to an employment tribunal with this they would pump the club dry.

Despite the contrary I still think we should stick with him until at leadt the end of the season. Its his team now. Lets see what it can do.

I think this 5 games and out thing is total cobblers.

If he went to an employment tribunal with this they would pump the club dry.

Despite the contrary I still think we should stick with him until at leadt the end of the season. Its his team now. Lets see what it can do.

very good point malone! by the way, hows your son Giles in Florida? get out there much?

Guest MaloneFM
very good point malone!  by the way, hows your son Giles in Florida?  get out there much?

I try not to Gaz old love.

Sun wrinkles the old arse like a dam prune don't cha know. If I want to see Mickey Mouse I go to the top of Muller road.

Archived