IGNORED

Swansea Away

cider head

strong rumours coming from sourses at the club today have said there will be a press release

to announce today or tomorrow that swansea away will be all ticket to season ticket holders only and that the only way you can go to the game

is to be bused in and out by cats coaches, official coaches only.

there is not an exact number of tickets as yet but i was told around 2,000

tickets could be available for city fans..

both police forces are said to have asked for this

this sucks, it ain't cardiff is it banghead.gif

It actually suits me, but, think it still sucks.

I promised the daughter she could come and was going to use the official coaches anyway. Can't trust the scum element these days even when you have kids with you! whistling.gifenglandsmile4wf.gif

What's all this members, non-members nonsense. I can understand it if you use CATS for the odd game and you're not a member but this is when you're being forced to use the clubs transport if you want to see the game. I mean BL00DY £18 to get 80 miles down the road. It is disgusting.

Another feather in the cap for Bristol City and ripping its supporters off. ranting.gif

What's all this members, non-members nonsense. I can understand it if you use CATS for the odd game and you're not a member but this is when you're being forced to use the clubs transport if you want to see the game. I mean BL00DY £18 to get 80 miles down the road. It is disgusting.

Another feather in the cap for Bristol City and ripping its supporters off. ranting.gif

dunno.gif Look if you aint a member then you aint a proper fan blink.gif apparently disapointed2se.gif

I am SOOOOOOO ANGRY about this! I live in West Wales, St Davids to be precise and travel to most homes every week, thats 6 hours driving per match. Now when Swansea went up, I was slightly pleased that for atleast one City away game i wouldnt have to drive quite so far, plus the majority of my family are Swans so i had planned a very entertaining day with them, watch the match and then after enjoying the banter when we win! Now it seems city have ruined my plans when all i have done to them is spend my little money i have on them! Each home game costs me £65 without food or drink.

I thought the Credit card charge PER TICKET and mailing charge of £1 for a 30p stamp was taking the pi55 but this is another kick in the teeth for a long distance fan.

I'm going to contact City and no doubt they will tell me sorry you have to get a coach to come to the game. GRRRRRRRRRRR

Think the whole situation is poor, surely with a brand new stadium the likelyhood of trouble would happen well away from the ground, not knowing what the sites like most new stadiums have no pubs nearby,kick in the teeth for genuine supporters who want to make their own way over.

Whats with the ticket allocation thought we would get at least 2500 maybe theres not enough coaches avaliable, I thought we were supposed to get a certain percentage of the capacity.

The whole thing is a complete joke ranting.gif

This is really annoying as I'm in Worcester that weekend, I was planning to drive from there to Swansea banghead.gif £16 seems a lot for the coach as well.

Luckily I have a friend who's a member of Swansea supporter's club, so I think I'll be in the home end.

fred i was thinking the same thing. But i don't think i could cope if they scored or we did.

What this is encouraging is City fans to sit with the Swansea fans, i may not be the confrontational type but there are alot out there who will think forget paying £72 for four people to travel by coach when we can all go in a car for about £30 petrol if not less! City are ripping people off and actually encouraging people to sit somewhere in the home areas.

(I see ripping us off as encouragement not to travel with the coaches and therefor we have to sit in the home areas.)

Guest North Street

Nice of the club to keep supporters informed that this course of action was likely just like the cancellation of the Forest game.Of course it would not come into their heads that people may have already have made arrangements for both.

Is PR so hard crying.gif

I had a feeling they were going to do this so i'm not really surprised - I've got a mate who gets cheap tickets in the home end though so i guess i'll go in there.

Its not just the additioanl expense of having to get the coach - £25 odd quid more if you take into aco**** i'll have to pay a bridge toll driving home again - its more the time taken i cant be arsed with.

The cardiff play off game meant a total day out of 9 hours (having to use train to and from cardiff) to see a game 10minutes walk from my front door.

Cant be arsed to do that again. I've sat in the home end at plymouth before and managed not to get killed or thrown out so i'm sure i'll manage again.

Football away days are about visiting new grounds, having the freedom to travel when it suits you and how, to have a look around places you have never visited before, have a drink in different places and also to have a tour of new stadia like Swansea"s.

Firstly to be herded onto coaches one end and off the other and to only see the away fans turnstile is not my idea of a good day out.

To pay double the amount i had been quoted on the train is another kick in the you know whats.

I can also guarantee that with this agreed system in place there will be a massive police presence at both away and home games.

Now before you all start shouting about real fans and hooligans don"t bother, it"s old news if 200 guys from Bristol wanted to drive over without tickets intent on trouble with equal numbers from Swansea then it could still happen, so whats been gained.

Incidentally i will still be going because i want to see the new Stadium and see City thrash the living daylights out of them, it just won"t be the day out i was looking forward to.

yours midland red.

ranting.gif

Guest UmBongo

This is just ridiculous. Was thinkin of doing a weekend down there. Livin in London it would have taken less than 3 hours by train to get there.

I understand the concern but at some stage you start to wonder if it's worth the hassle.

How do they justify the price of coach tickets?

Surely with the wonderful new stadium and lots of empty seats anda bit out of town it was policeable.

As is coming up on here people will just get tickets 4 the home end. There are City fans in South Wales so that's bound to happen.

What happens in the play off final City V Swansea at the Millenium in Cardiff ?

Guest North Street

In a matter of days i have lost money for a day off work [Forest], deposit on travel [Forest] and been charged £10 today for cancellation of a train ticket [swansea].All could have been avoided by Bristol City telling it's own supporters what was likely to be happening in the near future.Cheers BCFC, i am not ######* happy at the moment chant6ez.gif

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=41592

At £16 per coach ticket the club (BCFC) are making nearly 100% profit on each ticket and as you cannot travel any other way that is a complete rip off.

BCAGFC

P.s. Will be interesting to see what Swansea charge in the return fixture, more like £10-12 me thinks.

Jus spoke to Swansea ticket office, tickets on sale from 1/9/5, no probs, £13 to £18 & I can travel when I want and at least half the price! Bargain! Spoke to our ticket office & they said that Peter Carol had to get more coaches from other firms & that was why it was more money than usual?? Anyhow I expect a lot of City will be in the home supporters areas, absolute shambles of organisation from our lot, the phrase "Couldn't organise a P#ss up in a brewery" comes to mind!!!

when leeds asked millwall to do this on the opening day of the season, millwall told them where to get off, and no millwall fans went, 0 fans. wont expect to many fans will go due to this fieasco( sorry spelling), but i will be there doesnt affect me but is a kick in the teeth for people who it does affect. ranting.gif

Archived