IGNORED

Swansea Away

cider head

slartibartfast Posted Today, 7:28 PM

I can bet that the CSF will travel regardless of wether they can get in or not, take the two Badiff games for instance. Plus it didn't stop many of our fans getting bricked and bottled in the car park!

Exactly, most trouble is organised nowadays, and in most cases takes place well away from the grounds. I expect phone numbers have been exchanged allready and those wanting trouble have allready made travelling arrangements, and i can't see that not getting a ticket will unduly worry them!!

as other posters have said, it just opens up the possibility of CITY fans getting tickets in the home parts!! Ridiculous!!

As for the reason given for the exorbitant coach fare..... i don't care, 18 quid for a retrurn to swansea is a kin disgrace!!!!

This is a right shambles. Crap idea which will only not inconvenience those who live in Bristol. And even then I doubt that the Bristolians favoured form of transport would have been by coach.

The thing that gets me most about this, is that it clearly is not going to work. Won't most people simply get tickets in the home end, therefore increasing the amount of trouble?

Completely balls plan, it really is. Do they really expect Welsh Ziderheads to drive from Wales to Bristol; get the coach from Bristol back up to Wales; watch the game; get the coach back down to Bristol and then drive back home? Having a laugh they are!

I live 5 mins walk away! I can see the stadium from my house and am not impressed! I'll have to drive to bristol to get a coach to swansea to get a coach to bristol to drive back to swansea!  disapointed2se.gif

Go in the home end, looks most cheapest option at the moment dunno.gif Expect there will be plenty doing the same. ph34r.gif

You can only blame the police on  this one.

Too right, the Police must take the blame they're nothing more than a royalist Gestapo with the legal toffs and snobs in the Crown Prosecution Service egging them on to subjugate us. This country is fast turning into a royalist Police state encompassing the worst aspects of the NAZI Gestapo police state and Soviet KGB police. Why on earth do BCFC supporters have to be couped up on coaches all the way to Swansea with no stops?!!! Why no pay on the day? Whatever happened to freedom of movement without Police harassment in the land where we were born?

Segregation is with that black netting so it should be OK.

I am heading straight from Swansea to Birmingham to see the Stereophonics that night. Notice how the club didn't bother to even indicate that this fiasco was a possibility!!

I spent money on my phonics tickets on the expectation that I would be leaving Swansea at 5 to head to Brum, with this ridiculous coach system I would be back in Bristol at about 7-7.30 I suspect which s ridiculous giving me no chance of making the gig.

My sister has also just finished uni in Swansea so we were going to be heading up the night before or early on the day and meeting some of her Welsh mates before the game.

So, the only change to my plans = I am now sitting in the home end. I don't want to have to do this, and I certainly don't want my sister to have to do this but we have no choice.

I shall call the club tomorrow and if they will not give then I shall organise home tickets (easy to get hold of, we all have friends in wales!!). If anyone fancies sitting together so that we can at least be safe in the knowledge that we are with "friends" please PM me and we can organise something.

I will point out now though that I want NO trouble, and if any was to kick off because a City fan in the home end was being stupid, you won't catch me sticking up for you. Just in case anyone thought I was up for a ruck and that was my reasoning. It isn't.

Whilst I am complaining, what a joke my programme subscription is!! Still not arrived at mine on Monday, why not??

AND I asked at the end of last season and twice since about a match DVD subscription and STILL it hasn't been organised. Shambles.

What's all this members, non-members nonsense. I can understand it if you use CATS for the odd game and you're not a member but this is when you're being forced to use the clubs transport if you want to see the game. I mean BL00DY £18 to get 80 miles down the road. It is disgusting.

Another feather in the cap for Bristol City and ripping its supporters off. ranting.gif

if your a season ticket holder your a member if youn are not a season ticket holder you aint a member

Is the game all ticket? The City site only says all ticket for away fans, and the Swansea site says nothing.

IMO the travel policy cannot be enforced if there is not strict control of the distribution of tickets for all areas of the ground. If tickets are easily available from the Swansea ticket office and on the day of the game I'd guess that more than half the City supporters will be in the home end. Only the police could think that is a recipe for a nice quiet afternoon. doh.gif

I do note that City say this is a joint statement with Swansea, and the Swansea site looks to be worse than useless (a story every other day including an exclusive opportunity to buy dead grass in a keyring for £12.50), so maybe they will make an announcement later this week. dunno.gif

Guest Burnell4rovers
I had already siad I'd help the girlfiend move some of her stuff into her new place in Cardiff that week so will now have to drive back to bristol and then go to swansea, back to bristol then back to cardiff

That is a great story, thanks

its rubbish the fact that we have no choice and do have to pay for a coach that no one wants. if the club was going to do this of having to use coaches to get us there. the club should have got the coppers or swansea to pay for them. its crap 30 quid to go to a game. rofl2br.gifrofl2br.gifrofl2br.gifrofl2br.gif

the clubs having a bloody good laugh at us a reckon.

they could have done season ticket holders free coaches.

the club has or it appears a good set-up for its fans but the people in charge of these sections obviously don't no the needs of fellow human beings.

i havent decided if i am going home end, away end or at all now.

well done bristol city four of my family were going you might have just lost 120 quid chant6ez.gifchant6ez.gifchant6ez.gifchant6ez.gif

and thats just four fans times it by say 200 fans at 30 a peice i think according to my calculator work out 6000 well done city thats stewarts wages for a week gone! banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

Segregation is with that black netting so it should be OK.

I am heading straight from Swansea to Birmingham to see the Stereophonics that night.  Notice how the club didn't bother to even indicate that this fiasco was a possibility!!

I spent money on my phonics tickets on the expectation that I would be leaving Swansea at 5 to head to Brum, with this ridiculous coach system I would be back in Bristol at about 7-7.30 I suspect which s ridiculous giving me no chance of making the gig.

It's Karma for liking rubbish music biggrin.gif

So say you average the coach price to £15 and if we sell our full allocation then the total takings from the coach tickets will be about £17,500!!! What a joke! how many people can you fit on one coach? 50 as a minimum? so that's 23 coaches, so a nice tasty taking of £800 a coach! I very much doubt that it's costing that much to hire each coach!

It's even more annoying that a lot of people will still go cos they want to see the game, so the club never realises that they're in the wrong! Not saying that's our faults, just means a lot of us go out of our way to support city. grrr

when leeds asked millwall to do this on the opening day of the season, millwall told them where to get off, and no millwall fans went, 0 fans. wont expect to many fans will go due to this fieasco( sorry spelling), but i will be there doesnt affect me but is a kick in the teeth for people who  it does affect. ranting.gif

Wouldn't it be interesting if City took this stance - actually backed up the vast majority of their law abiding loyal fans instead of pandering to other clubs wishes because of a handful of ######s. And making a nice pile on the side in the process.

Would there be uproar that we denied our fans the chance to watch their team - or would we support the club in their stance against the police for our benefit??

I suppose in an ideal world there should be some sort of subsidy towards the cost of the coach fare, if not from the clubs then the FA or something. I think it's quite rare these sort of arrangements have to be made between clubs but the coach fare seems excessive. It has stopped me and my family from going.

I'd like the club to 'do a Millwall' and refuse to take up the allecation of tickets and would support them if they did that. It seems many City fans are buying home end tickets, and I don't blame them. Can't see trouble being avoided though if enough people do so.

I probably would have done this anyway but it seems very unfair on people living in South Wales who would have to travel to Bristol and then go back past where they live.

Anyone live next door to Swansea's new stadium?

Yes, my girlfriend ! So it now looks like I might have to sit with her, as she supports Swansea !

Guest North Street
So say you average the coach price to £15 and if we sell our full allocation then the total takings from the coach tickets will be about £17,500!!! What a joke! how many people can you fit on one coach? 50 as a minimum? so that's 23 coaches, so a nice tasty taking of £800 a coach! I very much doubt that it's costing that much to hire each coach!

It's even more annoying that a lot of people will still go cos they want to see the game, so the club never realises that they're in the wrong! Not saying that's our faults, just means a lot of us go out of our way to support city. grrr

You can hire a coach for much less than that 55 seats = £500 for a journey of less than 200 miles.I have done this for City games and stag nights etc.

Archived