IGNORED

Evil Post - Gobsmacked

Rooster

Thats possibly the most ill advised and unproffesional rant I've ever read.

Whatever his feelings towards Mr Willson, he'd have been best keeping his thoughts to himself given the current climate and perforamnces of his current team.

If he was top of the league with 18 points in the bag then maybe...

No matter if you are a Tinnion lover or hater, you have to admit that this article was the worst possible thing he could have done. Having a go at the fans for applauding a manager who brought us success and a consistant challenge for promotion does not seem logical to me.

I want Tinnion to do well and I find it shocking that some fans want us to lose just so that he will get the sack. But I must admit that after reading this article I have lost some respect for him. This is not the way to get the fans on your side.

p.s If Wilson read that article he would be absolutely wetting himself.

Its just a huge own goal. By speaking out like that he's guaranteed we wont be talking about the football. We're all talking about him now.

I know that reporters can be a bit devious in getting their quotes, but he should know better than to come up with stuff like that.

Compare his outburst with Wilsons response to similar questions.

Tins raises some valid points and the booing on Saturday (from what I've heard) was disgracefull... People are entitled to be heard but at least wait for the final whistle!

Re this interview then it's just another case of Tinnions bad management skills I'm afraid... Half of why I don't think he's the man for the job is his handling of the media and the things he says as much as it is the recent cr@ppy performances on the pitch.

This interview is just another example that he's a fish out of water unfortunately...

And Brian - you sweated 13 years for the club but you got paid pretty well for doing so where as we (the fans!) have sweated, cried and in the old days bled for this club our entire lives... and we had to pay for the privilage!!

No matter if you are a Tinnion lover or hater, you have to admit that this article was the worst possible thing he could have done. Having a go at the fans for applauding a manager who brought us success and a consistant challenge for promotion does not seem logical to me.

I think it was a great thing to do.

Two fingers up to the muppets who think applauding an ex-Manager and booing the current one is a good idea.

Why should Tinnion care how more resentful fans get? We've hardly got any fans at the Gate anyway. The response at the start probably had a big influence on the two goal half-time deficit.

How can you expect young men such as Cole Skuse and Scott Brown not to feel totally intimidated when they hear this before a ball has been kicked and don't give me this "they are highly paid pro's cr@p, they are human at the end of the day and go through nerves, fears, happiness, sadness, motivated, demotivated the same as everybody else.

I applaud Tins comments and just pray that fans will at least give it 60/70 minutes against Colchester before they "boo" if they must, preferably 90, preferably, they won't do it at all and give some consideration for the players trying to change things around.

A stupid idea, but, why not a few chorus' of Red Army or Cider Army in the first 5 minutes from all around the ground and see if the young players suddenly re-discover that swagger we all know they have.

Nah, let's just moan and slate some more; that's what we pay good money for! sleeping.gif

C'mon Tins; keep fighting back against the moronic! city.gifenglandsmile4wf.gif

After reading that article i join Tinnion is his 'gobsmacked' state.

Highly unprofessional and merely goes further to suggest he has little ability in dealing with the press. The extent to which it is unprofessional screams more of a man out of his depth than it testifies to the comments of an emotive manager.

Is it any wonder that DW wouldnt shake his hand after the MK game last season, and then again after the game on saturday. There is clearly a rift between the men and this article serves to bring the gloom in around BT's ears whilst portraying DW in a much better comparitive light. DW could have easily had a 'parting shot' at Tinnion and the board but, from my recollection, he did not. And as I imagine he had more grounds to 'throw his toys out of the pram' than an ailing manager with an underperforming team BT's public comments should be considered an embarrasment.

I applauded DW as i felt he was a good manager, with faults admitidly, who had delivered a relative amount of success and stability to this club - the ultimate goal of promotion was the one that evaded him but we came very close on more than one occasion. I did not and do not think I have ever booed a manager or indeed my team off at half/full time.

As he clearly lacks the ability to deal with the media in a professional manner, and his motivational techniques ('I blame myself for picking them') clearly need reviewing, you would suppose him to be one hell of a tactician to have got/still be in this job but, to quote Alan Partridge, "that would be *********."

I am gobsmacked at the responses here?

Lets look at the FACTS.

Wilson 4 years, spent a lot of transfer money going out, little transfer money coming back in. Before become manager did nothing for City at all as manger won us the LDV.

Tinnion just over 1 year, generated a lot of tranfer revenue, little going back out. Before becoming manager he gave us 13 years of superb service and is the greatest servent of City in the past decade.

Yet everyone takes it on themselves to give Wilson a rousing reception and boo Tinnion. If I put in a superb 13 years service and got booed after seeing someone who put in 4 years of failed service have a rousing reception I would be slightly annoyed too.

Tinnion has done better in his first season than Wilson did in his. Lets give him a chance. I cannot remember every crying for Wilson's blood so why Tinnions?

It is times llike this we need to SUPPORT the club, get them going, give them confidence. When we are 4-0 thats when they least need it. they are already on a high full of confidence. When we are struggling and two down they need support not criticsm and as fans we all need to get behind them.

Our club has increasing become known for booing our players. We are SUPPORTERS lets do some supporting.

Guest North Street
Its easy to see where Tinnion is coming from.After all Wilson failed after 4 years to get City promoted and blew his final chance by picking a misbalanced side for the play-off final and he gets a warm reception form the City fans.

Fans are fickle - it wasn't so long ago that Wilson was the subject to the same severe critism on this forum for his tactics,devotion to Peacock,odd substitutions,bland post match interviews and even where he lived.Fans forget too quickly.

Wilson had more time,more money that Tinnion has had which is exactly what Tinnion is pointing out.

blushing.gif my God Robbored i find myself agreeing with one of your posts.

Anybody remember Fortune in midfield or Citys collapse post Christmas to finish seventh ? Anybody remember Citys defeast at Notts County in 2003 that one was even worse than Tinnion's Luton away/Wilson failed with bigger resources than Tinnion has had.Polite applause is all Wilson was entitled to saturday followed by City suppporters concentating on our team.Does he really deserve the treatment he gets consideing the service he has given BCFC? Pullis he is not!

i agree with tinnion on this.

wilson had his time and blew it now weather tinnion should have replaced

wilson is another debate altogether, but i will never forgive wilson for the

play off final shambels, his team selection said it all that day, ok city are

not doing great at the moment but cheer wilson? and boo tins? that is

a cheap shot at a man wh gave 13 years of service to this club,

ok he might be struggling but the more we get on their backs the more

the confidence will go dunno.gif

football not been to clever but we got 5 points and we are 5 points off the top

of the table.

Oh dear oh dear!

There was me thinking Brian has handled Danny Wilson's bitterness as well as he could, making Wilson look like the stupid one for not getting over it but now this. He's fallen at the last hurdle. doh.gif

Much of it is fine, the difference in the transfer outlay is a valid one, as is pointing out to the booing idiots that it gets to the players, but the two lines that really get to me are the following:

"The ovation for him felt like a shot at myself and the team. I sweated my backside off for this club and achieved far more in 13 years as a player than he did in his four years as a manager.

"I'm disappointed that, judging by Saturday's response from the crowd, someone who has shown 13 years of total loyalty to the club means less to people than someone who didn't get us out of this division.

What this says to me is that he does not believe that he can argue the case for himself as a manager, as his playing career stands for nothing right now. If this had been replaced by a positive statement e.g. "I believe that I can lead this squad of players to the promotion Danny failed to deliver" then I would not be so annoyed.

I applauded Danny on Saturday as he was an important part of turning the club around, his first three seasons were successful and he gave us some great memories. After that he failed to move us forward, and after the Cardiff defeat and "defeat is not a failure" I didn't think he could take us any further forward.

I also applauded Brian as he is our manager and we had a match to win.

However the toys are flying out of the pram a bit too much at the moment, and with the way he and our coaching staff blanked Wilkshire as he came off I am very concerned that the club is going to tear itself apart in the next few weeks.

The time is probably right for Brian to go - if the Evening post headline tomorrow is "Tinnion Quits!" I think my honest reaction would be one of relief, I'd be sad it didn't work out for him, but hopeful that the club could unite behind a manager and move forward.

Had to comment on this one. Tins the Victom !!!

This poor me, nonsense from a new manager, shows a gross immaturity and will in no way endear fans to his cause.

Tins cannot compare his 13 years as a player to Wilsons 4 years as manager, as his own words were , he would hit the ground running as he knew the club inside out.

13 Years, learning from all our managers since 1991, their ups and downs, their tecniques, their tactics, motivational methods and media handling.

4 years playing for Wilson with his team mates, knowing the whole inside story, and obviously thinking he could do things better. Forget the sour grapes about the money, Brian Tinnion had more inside hands on information on BCFC than any available candidate.

Now in his second season as manager with his own squad he is having to handle disgruntled fans. He sends his deputy out to do the MKD post match press conference, gives Wilson the cold shoulder, then spits the dummy in the EP.

The guy may well be 110% BCFC, but he is no manager.

I wish him well in any career that keeps him away from BCFC......PLEASE.

But did Tinnion not say that if he didn't get us up in 4 years like Danny had he would walk?

Ok we shouldn't expect it to take 4 years but he is not saying it will. He is merely stating he beleives he can get this club out of this division. If it does take him 4 years then YES he should be given it like Wilson was. But he is not necesarily saying it will take him that long!

I was all for the sacking of Wilson, for the first 2 years we played some of the best football seen at AG for years but the following 2 years were average at best (we had many games when we should have collected that 1 elusive point but didn't due to tactical naivity) so I agreed with the change (BT couldn't do any worse could he?), but oh how wrong was I, tactical naivity beyond par, poor PR and worst of all BLIND, BLIND, BLIND OPTIMISM, I don't think I have ever known a worse case.

BCAGFC

P.s. One positive on saturday was when we started playing through midfield instead of the whoosh football we actually did better, the management should have seen this after the first game not 6 games in.

Surely he cant be that gobsmacked?

26/08/2005

"I'm sure our fans will give him a good reception and that's great"

(Tins: I'll welcome Danny)

29/08/2005

"How will young lads like Cole Skuse and Scott Golbourne have felt listening to our former manager, and the opposition manager, getting cheered like that? The ovation for him felt like a shot at myself and the team. I sweated my backside off for this club and achieved far more in 13 years as a player than he did in his four years as a manager."

Plonker.

Is glos boy aware that there's a charlatan posting in his name?  whistling.gif

Instead of seeing his drivel in the Evening Post, all I want from Tinnion is to see some decent football with a few decent results to match. Is that too much to ask?

Tinnion may not have millions to spend but I'm sure there are managers in our league who would love to have a fraction of the money he has spent together with the WAGES the club seem able to pay which attracts players like Bridges, Stewart and Partridge.

Keep your big gob shut, Tinnion, do some hard work on the training ground, dump the route 1 football and lets see something for all supporters to be positive about.

BRIAN - Yes, I feel embarrassed for you about the jeering you were subjected too which I feel was bang out of order but you are making yourself sound childish and unprofessional with these comments. DW got applause yes - he did deserve it for stabilising the club and had four years in which he did build a squad that should of got promoted and yes the performance at Cardiff was very poor - the players surely have to take some blame for that as well - as they do for the first half on Saturday, although booing them off is still wrong and won't do them any good confidence wise I agree. Yes, you have given 13 years of commitment to the club, no one says you haven't and if you ever returned to the Gate as an opposition Manager you would get the same reception as DW I am sure. But you did take the job on knowing that the fans wanted promotion quickly and the pre-season hype about how great the season was going to be this season and last did come from your mouth so can you blame the frustration felt by many. It's no good having a go at the fans for respecting someone who was very important to he club at the time and stop comparing yourself to him - you both have different styles and personalities - the squads are different, the sides in the league you're playing are different - just go out and do your damn best to get YOU and us the fans the promotion we ALL deserve.. unfortunately, I think you have shot yourself a wee bit in the foot for asking for four years to get there with the hype you helped generate. Personally, if I saw positive improving performances and tangible results and bringing the spark back to home games at the Gate I would give you the time - it's up to you to to convince us all - comments like you have made in the press won't help your cause.

Guest C.T.I.D

how do you know he is clueless banghead.gif just a wild assumption again banghead.gif

have you been in the changing room when he does his talks....NO disapointed2se.gif

he makes do with what he has at his disposal and if they ain't 100% then the management get the stick 'cos the moaners are too damn fickle,and it is easier to blame the manager than themselves for getting their hopes astronomically high doh.gif

I want Tinnion to do well and I find it shocking that some fans want us to lose just so that he will get the sack. But I must admit that after reading this article I have lost some respect for him. This is not the way to get the fans on your side.

p.s If Wilson read that article he would be absolutely wetting himself.

What sucess did he bring us though ?? One Mickey mouse cup in 4 years and the embarrasement of losing to brighton at the mil stad live in sky because he left our best striker in the stands ? Wilson was an average manager at this level and was never going to get us promoted - if you can't get there in 4 attempts you are never going to.

What annoys me about all of this is the hypocrasy - I'm willing to bet the same meatheads who cheered wilson and booed their own manager are the same arseholes who booed wilson and started fighting amonst themselves in cardiff - sometimes I feel embarassed to call myself a city fan - I really don't wanna be associated with that sort of pond life mentality - you want instanst sucess stay at home eating pizza "supporting" Chelsea from the comfort of your armchair - otherwise come to the Gate and support the manager and the players in front of you week in week out or don't bother coming

I think it was a great thing to do.

Two fingers up to the muppets who think applauding an ex-Manager and booing the current one is a good idea.

Why should Tinnion care how more resentful fans get?  We've hardly got any fans at the Gate anyway.  The response at the start probably had a big influence on the two goal half-time deficit.

How can you expect young men such as Cole Skuse and Scott Brown not to feel totally intimidated when they hear this before a ball has been kicked and don't give me this "they are highly paid pro's cr@p, they are human at the end of the day and go through nerves, fears, happiness, sadness, motivated, demotivated the same as everybody else.

I applaud Tins comments and just pray that fans will at least give it 60/70 minutes against Colchester before they "boo" if they must, preferably 90, preferably, they won't do it at all and give some consideration for the players trying to change things around.

A stupid idea, but, why not a few chorus' of Red Army or Cider Army in the first 5 minutes from all around the ground and see if the young players suddenly re-discover that swagger we all know they have. 

Nah, let's just moan and slate some more; that's what we pay good money for!  sleeping.gif

C'mon Tins; keep fighting back against the moronic!  city.gif  englandsmile4wf.gif

Maybe you and Brian should get together, you sound equally delusional.

I found the whole article embarrassing, and read it with disbelief, quite honestly. But just as surprising was the words of Simon Parkinson in the match report in the middle pages. He is supposed to be writing an unbiased, proffessional report on the match, and yet he comes out with a line like, " The Geordie relished recieving the many plaudits that came his way during his proud stint as a classy playmaker. Now that has gone, a whole new ball game confronts him. And there are times when it stinks. "

Amazing.

Can't see that is shows any bias or makes it an unprofessional report.

A reporters job is to report and comment as he sees it.

Just read the article.

Must say that Tinnion's handling of the media is not the best I've ever seen.

This smacks of Keegan's outburst when Ferguson wound him up.

Tinnion should've have kept tight-lipped and maintained a dignified silence.

As it is, he has revealed himself to be a little petulent and rather immature in what can only described (using recent terminology) as a 'dummy-chucking' exercise.

blushing.gifsad.gif

Tinnions timing in walking out AFTER Wilson, AND during the reading of the teamsheet certainly contributed to the situation.

I don't want Tinnion in the job, but I winced when that applause for DW rang around the ground.

However, what Brian has done in the paper is a very silly thing indeed.

Neo talks of '2 fingers' - just remember Ian baird mate, thats what Tinnion has done here.

He's adopting a 'bunker' mentality and continues to think that EVERYONE else but him is to blame.

lets win some games Brian, lets play good football and I'm sure the crowd will back you.

but please BCFC stop him talking to the press!!!

I agree it doesn't look too good in black and white, but I would like to see the whole interview and the context that these comments were made in really. I'm am pretty 50/50 with Tinnion as I do think he has been set up for failure by the board here. They went with the cheap option and have forced him to sell Lita to balance the books left by Wilson's spending.

If I were him, I would feel a bit miffed with the current situation, but the fact he did not do the press conference on Saturday, has had two days to cool down and still comes out with these comments does make me think he is finding the pressure very tough indeed. He won't be around for long if this continues but I agree with him that he needs and deserves to be fully supported until that is the case. Certain people on the chat room on Saturday were voicing dismay when we scored and then equalised as it meant Tinnion would be staying. That is hardly productive.

I agree with the other posters on here though that the best way for Tinnion to do his talking is to get the results we all want to see on the pitch. The sentiments expressed in this article are understandable but do come across as the ramblings of a man on his way to the gallows.

Good luck turning things around Tinnion.

PS - Is it not normal etiquette to have the away team and manager come out onto the pitch first?

how do you know he is clueless banghead.gif just a wild assumption again banghead.gif

have you been in the changing room when he does his talks....NO disapointed2se.gif

he makes do with what he has at his disposal and if they ain't 100% then the management get the stick 'cos the moaners are too damn fickle,and it is easier to blame the manager than themselves for getting their hopes astronomically high doh.gif

to be fair mate, thats an awful shout.

i assume from your post that you are a tinnion fan, and thats fair enough. i'm not.

i can't say i've ever been in the changing room when he does his talks, but judging from what we see on the pitch, its obvious that the players don't respond accordingly.

what he has at his disposal is a tremendous squad, perhaps the best in the division (entertain me and try to pick out a better one), and so its OUR fault when signing the likes of Brooker and Stewart and Bridges gets us excited? We shouldn't feel optimistic because of the squad we have in place? I'm sorry but that is dreadful logic.

And don't forget what was already in place... what he had two years ago was coles, doherty, hill, carey and miller (amongst others). granted, carey came back. but miller went away on loan and was a success. coles, doherty and hill are all doing well in the championship. they were OUR players. the fact that tinnion so ruthlessly dismantled a side 'this' close to promotion (on two occasions) is worrying. if wilson, taylor, holloway, davies and the hearts boss could get the best of out these players, why couldn't Tinnion?

with the exception of a goalkeeper, tinnion has two decent options for every position. he could feasibly pick two strong sides.

eg- phillips, smith/carey, golbourne/woodman, fortune/keogh, partridge/heywood, murray/cotterill, wilkshire/russell, skuse/brown, smith/orr, brooker/bridges, stewart/brooker.

thats not what i call making do with what you have at your disposal. that is a tremendous squad which tinnion should quite rightly be lauded for assembling. but was there any need to dismantle wilsons squad, which had finished THIRD two seasons running?

its easy to blame managers because it is their responsibility. if the players don't perform, its up to the manager to work out why. is it the player? is it the system? is it both?

basically, BT and KM are out of their depth. they may have all the desire in the world to do well, but what they are saying is not reasonating with the squad, in which lies the problem.

bristol city have good players. but as a TEAM, we are awful. and its not because of the 'moaners'.

I hope the evening post have twisted tinnion's words or have we just read the longest suicide note in the clubs history. Does he think its going to take us four years to get us out of this division? Anyway..City fans have always given ovations to past players/managers ie. Mickey Bell last week.  confused-smiley-013.gif  confused-smiley-013.gif

I don't think the announcer of the game helped the situation by encouraging a big cheer for danny wilson...something along the lines of "come on everybody, a big round of applause for Danny Wilson!" (not word perfect, i know). This could have made some of the crowd who did clap and cheer DW feel obliged to aftyer what he had said? Perhaps if the scenario had such an affect on tinnion he should question the announcer's motives for encouraging a warm recpetion for Danny? dunno.gif

Archived