IGNORED

Evil Post - Gobsmacked

Rooster

Guest laura8264
Me Me Me Mee Meeee thats all tinions says  poor me...  sad.gif  wake up smell the coffee the honey moons over now get your act together or ship out... banghead.gif

as for wilsons four years of failure well wasnt he part of the four years of failure too.. what goes around comes around.

you earn respect not demand it.. you had it but lost it with your p1ss poor management skills .

well done that man.

Thats possibly the most ill advised and unproffesional rant I've ever read.

Whatever his feelings towards Mr Willson, he'd have been best keeping his thoughts to himself given the current climate and perforamnces of his current team.

If he was top of the league with 18 points in the bag then maybe...

Have to agree Tom.

What a total disaster.

If BT was feeling pressure before,then it will be heaped upon him now.

Childish & uncalled for. He needs to improve fan support - not remove it.

And as for Cardiff - wasn't he part of the disaster 'ON THE PITCH'

This club is losing its indentity with it's fans - we need the feel good factor back.

NOW.

I could see why Sheffield MP'S wanted Wilson out. I was glad to see the back of him and if was there saturday ( was @ work) he sure as hell would have got a mouth full of abuse from me thats for sure.

Wilson is a 2 faced trash manager and always will be. Good ridance to him i say.

I could see why Sheffield MP'S wanted Wilson out. I was glad to see the back of him and if was there saturday ( was @ work) he sure as hell would have got a mouth full of abuse from me thats for sure.

Wilson is a 2 faced trash manager and always will be. Good ridance to him i say.

I was actually believing that after Cardiff changes should be made.

DW actually got us further each season & I can't agree that he is trash & two faced !! Can't see why you say this.

What I didn't expect was the rushed (planned) decision to bring BT in.

The work DW had done, has been distroyed & we have gone backwards.

You may not have liked DW. But you surely say that BT is an improvement.

Especially with his childish outbursts.

Tinnion has done better in his first season than Wilson did in his. Lets give him a chance. I cannot remember every crying for Wilson's blood so why Tinnions?

It is times llike this we need to SUPPORT the club, get them going, give them confidence. When we are 4-0 thats when they least need it. they are already on a high full of confidence. When we are struggling and two down they need support not criticsm and as fans we all need to get behind them.

Tom, I Chat to you alot about City and Football in general and we sometimes have clashes of views, this is another. FACT, Yes Tinnion did Better than Wilson in his 1st season, but FACT, Wilson didnt inherit a team that had only lost out on Promotion the season before, Wilson took a set of 48 Players, trimmed it down to 25 and got rid of alot of the misfits and poor, overplayed, injured players. Tinnion Butchered That Team.

Basically, when we have something to Support then i'll agree with you. Until then, i wont. I'm sick of all this 'get behind them' stuff. Thats fair enough but, really, i don't feel like cheering and chanting a team on that is (Am I naughty or what!) poor, a waste of money and most of all not going or doing anything this season.

If Tinnion wants 4 years, then hes a fool. He told us last summer, we would of gone up last season. He told us this season he would take us up this year. I Will belive it when i see it. As much as i want I'm to do it, he is just not a football manager, the club is being run all wrong and you can tell on the pitch.

I Heard about this story in work on the radio today and actually burst out laughing thinking they mis-quoted him as it was a summary, so i bought the post and read it and quite frankly there are too many quotes for it all to be false.

Tinnion needs to stop blaming others and think about how he can improve us, if not, he got a very short time left at this club, i even think that there is a slight (i stress A SLIGHT) chance of Lansdown acting if we loose heavily on Saturday Live on Sky.

I was actually believing that after Cardiff changes should be made.

DW actually got us further each season & I can't agree that he is trash & two faced !! Can't see why you say this.

What I didn't expect was the rushed (planned) decision to bring BT in.

The work DW had done, has been distroyed & we have gone backwards.

You may not have liked DW. But you surely say that BT is an improvement.

Especially with his childish outbursts.

So Wilson refusing to shake hands after the game is not childish, but Tinnion stating the truth in the EP is childish.

Can't see your logic there.

Tinmans EP rant clearly shows the difference between himself and Wilson as far as the media goes.

Tins hand wringing, and comparison critique, is something Wilson would not have done. Wilson for whatever he may have done at BCFC, conducted himself as a gentleman, and portrayed a professional personna to the media.

Tins may yet get results, the depth and quality in the squad may drag him up in spite of his ordinary skills in management.

Gobsmacked, well Tinman may want to check the forum posters this season compared to last season. He still has supporters, but many regular contributors, intelligent debators, posters with well founded analysis are turning against him. The feelings expressed by match day fans are even less encouraging.

SL's wife "Badger", is a regular in the forum, good evening Badger, and i am sure the broad concensus of opinion is not lost on our leading BCFC couple. In 2 days SL's own Q&A forum reopens, there will be some blood letting.

Guest BeNeRz

O My just come back from work to this...

I hope he doesnt take 4 years to try..

The fact that Danny wilson did something Every year with city, like finishin 3rd n always in play-offs ect.. he actully gave us hope

But what are you giving us at the moment Tinman?

O My just come back from work to this...

I hope he doesnt take 4 years to try..

The fact that Danny wilson did something Every year with city, like finishin 3rd n always in play-offs ect.. he actully gave us hope

But what are you giving us at the moment Tinman?

Exactly - if we were topping the league - then ok.

But we ain't ranting.gif

Sorry if this has already been posted guys but i got half way down and decided to get on with it (got to get to bed, early start).

The reception Wilson got is no different to the one that Tins will get in future years when/if he returns to the club and how is that any different to the applause a certain Micky Bell got last week when he scored past us.

For Gods sack Tins, get over it.

The bloke is diggin his self an even greater big hole, doesnt he no that were fed up with the crap all the time it's about time he sed to the players he's f'ed off with all this abuse he's gettin and ask them why they aint playin for him, after the play-off final i wasnt one of them who called for Danny Wilsons head i thought he would be are manager the season after, i havent booed tinnion yet either i would welcome his rescination (cnt spell) but after reading that he makes his self seem like a rite ass!

Wilson for whatever he may have done at BCFC, conducted himself as a gentleman, and portrayed a professional personna to the media.

WHAT!!! A gentleman always shake hands after a game Wenger, Ferguson etc after games whatever they have said in the papers so why not Tinnion & Wilson Tinnion is offering to shake hands but not Wilson.

Wilson is not a gentleman and that is where his mother and father have let him down in life. They failed big time.

END OF!!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I agree with everything Tinnion said.

I just do not think he should have said it. Which I know sounds odd, but there you go.

Two golden rules - never slate a player off in public (the whole team performance can be allowed now and again) and never slate off your fans.

The person I think who would read this and have 'concerns' would be a Chair. It sounds like 'victum' speak.

He's learning. Lets hope quickly enough.

Guest routabout

I back Tinnion and I back him saying what he has said. I think he has a right to say what he feels about things in public, as he's been given a lot of public stick and abuse.

I want him to be given the same chance as Wilson had, nothing more and nothing less. He's had one, he's just into his second and he should have two more seasons to follow this one. Obviously if he genuinely looks like he's going to take us down, AT A REALISTIC POINT IN THE SEASON, then he should go. But until then, he should be backed 100%. Personally, I think that Saturday's childish display by people at the ground, I refuse to call them fans, was nothing short of disgusting. Giving Wilson a brilliant reception and then giving Tins a stinker, was just immature and benefitted nobody but yourselves and our opponents. I bet Wilson's laughing his socks off about it.

I have my doubts about Tins at times, but I still think he's going to be a good manager who can do things for us, in the long run. I would say to the board, give him his chance but be cautious. Don't let the fans dictate this, but obviously if it's harming the club then you have to do what you have to do. But, before ANYBODY can truly call for his head, you have to give him a fair crack of the whip with HIS team and GET OFF OF HIS BACK! This is completely out of order now and the booboys should be utterly ashamed of themselves, but then they won't admit that all the booing is adding to the problems that they are complaining about.

I back Tinnion and I back him saying what he has said. I think he has a right to say what he feels about things in public, as he's been given a lot of public stick and abuse.

I want him to be given the same chance as Wilson had, nothing more and nothing less. He's had one, he's just into his second and he should have two more seasons to follow this one. Obviously if he genuinely looks like he's going to take us down, AT A REALISTIC POINT IN THE SEASON, then he should go. But until then, he should be backed 100%. Personally, I think that Saturday's childish display by people at the ground, I refuse to call them fans, was nothing short of disgusting. Giving Wilson a brilliant reception and then giving Tins a stinker, was just immature and benefitted nobody but yourselves and our opponents. I bet Wilson's laughing his socks off about it.

I have my doubts about Tins at times, but I still think he's going to be a good manager who can do things for us, in the long run. I would say to the board, give him his chance but be cautious. Don't let the fans dictate this, but obviously if it's harming the club then you have to do what you have to do. But, before ANYBODY can truly call for his head, you have to give him a fair crack of the whip with HIS team and GET OFF OF HIS BACK! This is completely out of order now and the booboys should be utterly ashamed of themselves, but then they won't admit that all the booing is adding to the problems that they are complaining about.

Spot on!

Totally agree.

I think that Saturday's childish display by people at the ground, I refuse to call them fans, was nothing short of disgusting. Giving Wilson a brilliant reception and then giving Tins a stinker, was just immature and benefitted nobody but yourselves and our opponents. I bet Wilson's laughing his socks off about it.

I agree 100% that the booing doesn't help, but EXACTLY how have Tinnion's comments helped an already inflamed situation? I witnessed a number of heated 'exchanges' in G Block on Saturday at 0-2 on Saturday, in fact I was half expecting fisticuffs - had it gone to 0-3. Perpare for more of the same if results continus as is.

Having re-read the comments, one question I have is how long has BT harboured these feelings towards his old gaffer? They don't seem entirely heat of the moment, they read more like a checklist composed over many months, probably never meant for public airing. What is a worry, is IF he felt similarly during Wilson's tenure.

So what exactly did Danny Wilson do for us? Except take  £1M out of the club.

Tins is absolutely correct.... The welcome for Wilson was cringingly embarrassing and he is laughing all the way to the bank!!

Read Wilsons words, he doesn't give a ###### for any of you Wilson lovers, the guy was a FAILURE.

We should give our backing to the manager and especially the players at the club now, otherwise we truly have no chance of promotion now or in the future.

When Danny Wilson took over the club it was in a vast decline and there was the turmoil of numerous managers over a short period of time.

He also in the four years that he was there, built a team that played an attractive and passing style of football not seen at Ashton Gate for many years and finishing third on three consecutive years, culminationg in a play of final in the third year.

O.K in that final we didn't play that well and he probably made a few mistakes, but bare in mind over that three year period he didn't have the luxury of being able to rid the club of all of its dead wood as they had already been put on long term contracts by the previous manager, we played with probably one of the best defenses in the whole of the four divisions.

And for those of you who went on Saturday already he is getting a team together playing attractive with a good passing style of football at the MK Dons, and was he ever given the opportunity of bringing in Seven new players at the beginning of a season, I believe the answer to that one is NO.

But as it stands at the moment Brian Tinnion has taken the club backwards, and as for mistakes he making a number of those, he is playing Marcus Stewart because it is what the fans and his contract expects, as for the seven players he has signed in the summer Michael Bridges is the only one that stands out, and he can't even get in the starting line up, the defense has gone back ten years, has no man management skills whatsoever, and also remember back how many times did DW slag his player of publicly, never ! ask yourself how many times already has BT done it.?

Personally If BT is given four years to get us out of this division, my fear is that it will be down rather than up.

DW was also given a standing ovation from the crowd for one reason, the majority of city fan didn't feel that DW should have been sacked, and that same majority couldn't believe their ears when BT got the job, so God forbid if BT is given four years.

If after 46 games of the season we're still in this division, then by all means moan from the rooftops. And if they don't want me as manager, fine, but at least get behind the players and, for goodness sake, give us the opportunity."

Oh that's OK then, let's waste yet another season in this division. My only concern at the moment is continue to play the way we are any we won't be in this division... we'll be in the one below!?

Generally the football under Wilson was so much better than ive seen under Tinman. Sorry Tinman, but if you arent producing the goods don't expect a good reception.

Wilson deserved his ovation, he did a good job at this club (apart from the lack of promotion) and I for one wish he was still here mellow.gif

Surely he cant be that gobsmacked?

29/08/2005

"How will young lads like Cole Skuse and Scott Golbourne have felt listening to our former manager, and the opposition manager, getting cheered like that? The ovation for him felt like a shot at myself and the team. I sweated my backside off for this club and achieved far more in 13 years as a player than he did in his four years as a manager."

All Tinnion achieved in 13 years is ONE promotion under John Ward in 97/98.

A p1ss poor record in my book.

I think that was Tinnions way of trying to save himself.

I mean now he is basically telling the fans what to do and not what to do.

Tinnion may talk about Wilson getting paid 3 time what he is but he made the team a team.. not a bunch of people who are thrown together. The "team" we have now doesnt seem to have the heart Wilsons team did and to be honest I see no excitement that Wilsons team brought.

In all honesty I don't see what positive effect Tinnion has had other than his history as a player being welcomed by the fans.

When Tinnion was appointed people beleived he had manager potential, a season and a bit in we now know he doesnt so although I don't blame him for being upset I don't blame any fan that chooses to show thier unhappiness by booing when Tinnion steps out.

well said mate y boo the players there only 5 games gone give him a change

In fairness, Tinnion's reign as manager has lasted FIFTY ONE league games so far. Last season I was totally hacked off with the standard of football on show for the bloody high prices we pay, given it is THIRD Division football.

Then Tinnion seemed to make a number of decent signings in the close season which gave myself and lots of others cause for optimism. He also got rid of the two players who he has always hinted have caused the unrest in the dressing room last season. So looking from the outside in, everything seemed altogether more rosy in the Ashton Gate garden.

Three home games in to the league campaign I have seen us outplayed three times (don't let the Port Vale scoreline fool you, they could have scored ten that day, no problem). Not to mention a handsome drubbing at home to a FOURTH division side who lost at Home to the mighty Wrexham at the weekend and could only draw at Home with the Gas. And away from Home we have lost twice without ever looking like we were going to take points from the game (do not let the last minute goal at Huddersfield fool you, everyone at the game agrees that Abbot missed SIX sitters).

So, 51 games in and results are not improving, the style of football we play is awful and getting worse, we are getting 32% possession at HOME to a side who will not set the division alight and all this while we are given false promises of playing at a high tempo, getting in the opposition's faces, defenders "dying" for the cause and things will get better.

All I can say is that Tinnion either needs help or better sort things out quickly because if things don't improve they will come to a head. And when that happens, many of the people on here at the moment who are slating the "moaners" will have to do a swift about turn and recognise that Tinnion is out of his depth - in the same way that I would love Tinnion to prove me wrong by getting results playing decent football.

Guest routabout

As I see it, many have not gotten over Tinman's appointment in the first place and have never really given him a chance. I remember when Wilson was sacked, the board's comments made me think that Wilson would be replaced with a big name, which was why he was being moved out. Then almost immediately, it's announced that Tin's was given the job. I remember being bitterly disappointed at the time, but over time I have accepted it and at least recognise that he is putting his heart and soul into it. This was the board's fault to be fair and Tins has taken the brunt of it ever since.

Again, in his defence, last season was not only not his team, but also consisted of a fair few players who, and there is no getting away from this, were not professional enough to show a former team mate, the respect they should show him as manager. That started very early doors. So he was more up against it than he deserved to be, yet in his debut season made 7th. That shows promise.

Oh sod it, what is the point. As they say, you can't educate pork.

Coupla things:

1. Why the HELL would City fans give an ovation to an ex manager, who blew £1 mill, and failed in all three attempts to get promotion, including that memorable (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) day out at the Mad Stad, with its subsequent "Defeat is Not Failure hollycocks!!???????. City is in the kack because of his wasted time here. Really don't get that one, specially as he deservedly got fired/walked disapointed2se.gifdoh.gif

2. Tinnion, grow up, put yer dummy back in, and leave yer toys in the bloody pram!!! Life aint fair when youre playing suicide football, and leakin two goals a game. You have just ensured you'll be talked about more. Youre currently doing your best to one of the next ex managers. Sort out your team first before y'go into one over Wondersons prodigal return banghead.gif

Archived