IGNORED

Evil Post - Gobsmacked

Rooster

I hope the evening post have twisted tinnion's words or have we just read the longest suicide note in the clubs history. Does he think its going to take us four years to get us out of this division? Anyway..City fans have always given ovations to past players/managers ie. Mickey Bell last week. confused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

I hope the evening post have twisted tinnion's words or have we just read the longest suicide note in the clubs history. Does he think its going to take us four years to get us out of this division? Anyway..City fans have always given ovations to past players/managers ie. Mickey Bell last week.  confused-smiley-013.gif  confused-smiley-013.gif

Is there a link to this story,, cos you've lost me mate.... blink.gif

Guest sprout1883

IMHO Tinnion has made himself look stuipd (or even more so)

I don't know what it's like at City, but at Rovers we generally applaud ex-players or managers, except in certain circumstances.

I thought Danny Wilson did a good job for you, but just failed to top it off. If Tinnion can't see that then he is blind.

The article basically shows Tinnion up for a jealous know all who thinks he could've done better.

Text from EP Website is as follows:

Evening Post

11:00 - 29 August 2005

Brian Tinnion today spoke of his "disbelief" at the Ashton Gate ovation given to his predecessor Danny Wilson on Saturday. And the current Bristol City boss declared he would happily "walk" if he failed to deliver promotion in the same four-year time-span which Wilson enjoyed.

Wilson received rapturous applause from Robins fans in the 10,000 crowd as he returned to the stadium for the first time since his exit as manager last summer.

Tinnion, whose side fought back from 2-0 down at half-time to draw 2-2 with Wilson's MK Dons, was given a lukewarm reception by comparison - and was even subjected to a few jeers.

The current manager was "gobsmacked" by the response from the fans and said: "It's a sad situation for me. I've given 13 years of my best as a player for this club, through thick and thin for the fans, yet someone who was paid probably treble what I am earning was given a standing ovation when he couldn't get us out of the division after four years of trying.

"He (Wilson) has never had to sell anyone for £1 million as I have had to (Leroy Lita to Reading). I have generated £2m in transfer fees for the club since I took over 15 months ago and effectively brought in only two players on transfer fees (Steve Brooker £225,000, Dave Partridge £150,000) if you consider we brought in Paul Heffernan (£125,000) and sold him a year later for the same money.

"I gave Leroy his big opportunity, which Danny didn't, and what happens? He scores 30 goals in the season and gets sold for £1m.

"I haven't had £600,000 to spend on bringing Lee Peacock to the club like Danny had when he first took over.

"Give me four years to get it right like Danny had and if I haven't got this club promoted by then, I'm prepared to walk."

Tinnion said of Saturday's 'support': "People should start getting behind the players. How will young lads like Cole Skuse and Scott Golbourne have felt listening to our former manager, and the opposition manager, getting cheered like that?

"The ovation for him felt like a shot at myself and the team. I sweated my backside off for this club and achieved far more in 13 years as a player than he did in his four years as a manager.

"I'm disappointed that, judging by Saturday's response from the crowd, someone who has shown 13 years of total loyalty to the club means less to people than someone who didn't get us out of this division.

"I wonder how many of our 40,000 fans at the Millennium Stadium who wanted Danny sacked after the play-off final stood and gave him a big cheer on Saturday? Why not back the players and manager who are here?

"If after 46 games of the season we're still in this division, then by all means moan from the rooftops. And if they don't want me as manager, fine, but at least get behind the players and, for goodness sake, give us the opportunity."

No comment needed!

To be honest i'd be peed off if that was me. Imagine getting a raptorous round of applause for your predecessor then you get booed. Good for the confidence isn't it? Tinnion has had stick like this over the years but that really took the biscuit Saturday and I did feel for him. Why boo the manager before you've even kicked off? DId anyone on here boo him before we kicked off?

The full story is below. I think Tins makes alot of valid points and I found the response to Wilson on Saturday embarrasing. I also hope he realises that unless it looks like we're making a push up the table in the not too distant future then he'll be out on his ear.

edit - already posted by bobby.

The full story is below.  I think Tins makes alot of valid points and I found the response to Wilson on Saturday embarrasing.  I also hope he realises that unless it looks like we're making a push up the table in the not too distant future then he'll be out on his ear.

edit - already posted by bobby.

I agree. A lot of what he says is true, but how adviseable it was to say it some of it publicly is open to question. Can't accuse him of boring soundbites though!

Just go Tinnion.

I think, on the positive, he's guarenteed himself another booing when he comes out onto the pitch at midday next Saturday.

I fail to see why Brains or anyone else on this forum is suprised by what happened on Saturday. We're not talking about minorities here. Wilson was given a massive standing ovation and when the PA announced Tinnion's name there were admittedly only a few boos but the response was VERY cold.

I will always hold Wilson in high regard as a manager but as for the snake Tinnion, I want him out of this club asap and judging by what we heard on Saturday I lot more people agree with me then are letting on.

Just go Tinnion.

I think, on the positive, he's guarenteed himself another booing when he comes out onto the pitch at midday next Saturday.

I fail to see why Brains or anyone else on this forum is suprised by what happened on Saturday. We're not talking about minorities here. Wilson was given a massive standing ovation and when the PA announced Tinnion's name there were admittedly only a few boos but the response was VERY cold.

I will always hold Wilson in high regard as a manager but as for the snake Tinnion, I want him out of this club asap and judging by what we heard on Saturday I lot more people agree with me then are letting on.

I understand your sentiments but that was out of order. I would never boo the manager like that before a match. Doesn't do any good. Yes there are problems at the moment but that was just a disgrace and something I wont forget in a long time. mad.gif

I understand your sentiments but that was out of order. I would never boo the manager like that before a match. Doesn't do any good. Yes there are problems at the moment but that was just a disgrace and something I wont forget in a long time.  mad.gif

Well what you and Brains have to do is ask yourselves - why is it that a man who has given 13 years of service to this club is so intensely disliked by fans and players alike?

I'd go further and say that a lot of the applause for Wilson was almost sarcastic and that some were doing just to get at Tinnion, and look it worked!

This is the worst possible way in which Tinnion could have reacted - it's victory to the boo boys and defeat to Tinnions bravado attitude.

I don't even understand why we are comparing the credentials of Wilson and Tinnion. They are two different managers with different ideas etc. Wilson failed in taking us out of this division and Tinnion is struggling too. So why cheer Wilson and boo Tinnion? Wilson has gone history get over it boo boys mad.gif

Well what you and Brains have to do is ask yourselves - why is it that a man who has given 13 years of service to this club is so intensely disliked by fans and players alike?

I'd go further and say that a lot of the applause for Wilson was almost sarcastic and that some were doing just to get at Tinnion, and look it worked!

This is the worst possible way in which Tinnion could have reacted - it's victory to the boo boys and defeat to Tinnions bravado attitude.

Well he wsn't going to ignore it it obvoiusly affected the players before kick off because everyone heard it. What would you have suggested then keep quiet and say nothing? I'm sure he was very angry and disappointed.

Going back to the boo boys I suspect it was the same mindless lot that gave him stick in the 90s when we were relegated from what then was division 1. mad.gif

There must be a good reason why Wilson won't shake BT's hand, maybe the fact he was appointed within 24 hours, Something we have not been told. the fact of the matter is people are waiting to hang Tinnion from the rafters and this article will do him no good. he should keep his mouth shut and concentrate improving what happens on the pitch, maybe then he will get his own ovation.. chant6ez.gif

Tinnion is also failing to accept that we are playing sh**. He didnt even wonder if this is why he got booed. Walking out behind wilson was probably not the smartest move either. This again showing tinnions lack of tactical knowledge!

Perhaps he should have done a Cloughie and grabbed Danny's hand as he walked out. Wonder what people would have made of them walking out hand in hand! biggrin.gif

Thats exactly correct, most of the applause for Wilson was to get at Tinnion. The fans realise that as a football manager Tinnion is clueless, many are desperate to get at him out, if giving Wilson a reception of that type speeds up the process then great.

Its easy to see where Tinnion is coming from.After all Wilson failed after 4 years to get City promoted and blew his final chance by picking a misbalanced side for the play-off final and he gets a warm reception form the City fans.

Fans are fickle - it wasn't so long ago that Wilson was the subject to the same severe critism on this forum for his tactics,devotion to Peacock,odd substitutions,bland post match interviews and even where he lived.Fans forget too quickly.

Wilson had more time,more money that Tinnion has had which is exactly what Tinnion is pointing out.

After reading that article by the EP, all I can say is - wow.

I know the EP have a knack of over-exaggerating stories, and misquoting people just to make a story, but there are a hell of a lot of quotes from the man himself in there.

I think as somebody said above, a lot of people were probably cheering Wilson as much as they were to get at Tinnion, and it worked.

He's digging his own grave.

Guest redphilc

Was Tinnion saying before the game he doesn't have a problem with Danny wilson and there would be a drink waiting for him after the game?

I think Tinnion was bullsh**ng don't you!!?!!

I have always said Tinnion doesn't derserve to be booed before or during the game and you won't catch me doing it. However I can't help thinking that he builds himself up to be shot down and articles like this one will not have done him any favours for this saturday. SL have a word as Tinnion has lost the plot. Where his dignity gone?

Guest BCFC_JOHNERZ_88
After reading that article by the EP, all I can say is - wow.

I know the EP have a knack of over-exaggerating stories, and misquoting people just to make a story, but there are a hell of a lot of quotes from the man himself in there.

I think as somebody said above, a lot of people were probably cheering Wilson as much as they were to get at Tinnion, and it worked.

He's digging his own grave.

well we now know that bad media handling is another of his bad qualites

Its easy to see where Tinnion is coming from.After all Wilson failed after 4 years to get City promoted and blew his final chance by picking a misbalanced side for the play-off final and he gets a warm reception form the City fans.

Fans are fickle - it wasn't so long ago that Wilson was the subject to the same severe critism on this forum for his tactics,devotion to Peacock,odd substitutions,bland post match interviews and even where he lived.Fans forget too quickly.

Wilson had more time,more money that Tinnion has had which is exactly what Tinnion is pointing out.

You're probably right about memories being short in football. Never the less I thought Wilson's round of applause at the start of the game was fine. 10,000 people clapping will sound loud and I doubt there were that many who point blank refused to even applaud the return of someone who was here for 4 years and did a reasonable job evn if they did want him out after we lost to Brighton. It wasn't a standing ovation, people were standing anyway as the players had just run on, and they applauded Wilson when he came on (didn't the guy on the tannoy ask us to show our appreciation?).

All of that was fine. What I thought was unnecessary was booing our own club before a ball had been kicked that day and applauding Wilson off at halftime when his team was beating ours.

I found the whole article embarrassing, and read it with disbelief, quite honestly. But just as surprising was the words of Simon Parkinson in the match report in the middle pages. He is supposed to be writing an unbiased, proffessional report on the match, and yet he comes out with a line like, " The Geordie relished recieving the many plaudits that came his way during his proud stint as a classy playmaker. Now that has gone, a whole new ball game confronts him. And there are times when it stinks. "

Amazing.

Me Me Me Mee Meeee thats all tinions says poor me... sad.gif wake up smell the coffee the honey moons over now get your act together or ship out... banghead.gif

as for wilsons four years of failure well wasnt he part of the four years of failure too.. what goes around comes around.

you earn respect not demand it.. you had it but lost it with your p1ss poor management skills .

Oh dear, oh dear.

I didn't hear the cheers for Wilson and the jeers for BT, as I got into the ground just as the teams ran out. But it don't come as much of a surprise, some people seem to forget how very ordinary Wilson was whilst here, 4 years + jack$hit acheived = £1,000,000 wages.

I just wish BT let the bloody football results do the talking, it aint happening and Brian knows this. Tinnion has not helped his already precarious sitation one bit with this childish tit for tat outburst. As somebody who wholeheartly supported BT last season, not necessarily his appointment, but just the fact he was the manager. Recent weeks and now this rubbish have seen me totally rethink my opinion and his ability to do the job.

However in BT's defence, with all Wilsons experience and his 'fantastic' brand of football, superb tactics and wonderful man management he still hasn't beaten BT in two attempts.

sad.gif I was sat behind the duout saturday and booed Wilson and cheered Tinnion, Wilson was a poor manager who was given plenty of money and time to do the job and that is a fact that cannot be denied and he will always be judged on his most important game which was in Cardiff, he failed us and did not give a damn as he do not care. Tinnion on the other hand should not have been given the job in the first place but he was and is trying hard to do it with like he says not a lot of money. If he was given the money and support we would have got that defender from Plymuff and the board would maybe have let him kept Leroy, I witnessed his body language saturday and it was of a man who cared and was trying his best. Booing is done by wimps.

Archived