IGNORED

Football Chairmen/women.

KingswoodRed

If there is anyone out there who can name a football chairman/woman who has personally gone broke/through the hoop/financially knackered as a reult of being a chairman/woman, please let me know.

All you people who are constantly thanking our current chairman for bailing us out and keeping the club afloat, think a bit. Why?

Not for your benefit, or mine for that matter.

Money is money!!!!

Life is life!!!

You only give what you can afford to lose...no more....no less.

The only question BCFC fans should need to know is how deep is SL's pocket to make BCFC a going concern.

Business is business. Get real.

I don't know if you would count this, but Keith Dawe (think it was him) was on the board and was moved out because he supported davidson and went with him.  Re-mortgaged his house at least twice to put more money into city.

Keith Dawe is still on the board and still dipping into his pockets. I could be wrong but I suspect you mean John Clapp. I may also be wrong in recalling that after leaving City he then went off to become a director of Forest Green Rovers instead. I'm sure RichieB or another long-timer on here will put me right if I'm wrong.

Keith Dawe is still on the board and still dipping into his pockets. I could be wrong but I suspect you mean John Clapp. I may also be wrong in recalling that after leaving City he then went off to become a director of Forest Green Rovers instead. I'm sure RichieB or another long-timer on here will put me right if I'm wrong.

YEs Mr Clapp went to FGR I met him when they played in the FA cuo 1st round replay v Macclesfield a few years back. Who would want a name like Clapp eh? biggrin.gif

Guest MaloneFM

Wasn't the Artful Dodger always dipping into other people pockets?

YOU GOT TO PICK A POCKET OR TWO BOOOYS...

Ahh..1966...the world cup win and going on a bender with lovely Ollie Reed and Mark Lester on the set of Oliver. Sang like an angel, swore like miner, drank like a fish.

But what about life? Do you have lots of life? Because life is life. See?

How about actually getting a grip of the original post and getting a grip of it??

All very well to rip the mick out of it comically, but how about taking it seriously enough to break it down in a serious manner and try and make an arguement of it?

Or are you hiding underneath your rather bad attempt at funnines to hide your ineptness to an adult reply?

Nothing personel.........just asking?

Guest MaloneFM

Ummm...I don't really understand what you are getting at to be honest.

Do we have to know a chairman that has gone bust because of a football club? I don't think many people know a football chairman at all.

How deep is Lansdowns pockets? I dunno. What exactly is your point?

And that Oliver Reed can't half drink you know...

I think thats the one yea. Couldn't remember but dawe just wouldn't leave my head so kinda guessed it was him but clapp rings an even bigger bell.

OK, away from City. Terry Robinson at Bury is an example of a chairman who literally gave everything to the club. One of the few chairmen I know of who is held in such esteem by supporters.

Others...well, I know of some in the lower divisions of Scottish football which if we're honest, doesn't exactly provide many financial incentives to get involved. It's a different ball game up there.

Archived