IGNORED

Will Tommorrow's Match Be On?

Redtrojan

With a min temp of -6 deg being proposed for tommorrow night,what chance of the match being playable.Shame if it's not,we're on a roll and colchester have been a little below par recently.Hopefully they get a big name out of the hat in the cup draw today to futher distract them!!!

Guest exiledred

I hope its on- i'm travelling from Bournemouth! but as you say covers shoudl keep it playable- waterlogging is more of a threat than ice in general

CTID

The grounds staff are very prepared to protect the pitch against frost.They have special covers which are used when needed.

Plus the forcasts have been delayed 24 hours.Rather than the cold snap hitting us today its more likley to be tomorrow which means less time for the pitch to freeze up.

I'm fairly confident the game will be played.

Hopefully the pitch covers will keep the frost away before the game. The worry might be frost and ice forming during the match and making the pitch unplayable.

I'm more concerned about the Grimsby game being called off, given that the East of England is going to get the worst of the snow and ice.

Guest east_dundry_red
Hopefully the pitch covers will keep the frost away before the game. The worry might be frost and ice forming during the match and making the pitch unplayable.

With players running on the pitch it wont come anywhere near to freezing up thats the best way to stop it freezing.

• Admin

Also, although the forecast predicts temps of around -4ºC tomorrow evening, the fact that there will be around 11,000-12,000 people in close proximity to the pitch should raise this temperature by a bit as they'll all be breathing out at around 32ºC.

Easily, the weather isn't going to be nearly as bad as originally predicted.

Load of hype if you ask me, we rarely get really bad weather in the South West anyway, all seems to effect the North and East (not that I'm complaining), probably get -2 or so but nothing extreme and probably no snow.

Saying that I'm sure the country will still grind to a halt if we manage an inch of snow, makes you wonder how half of North America manages solid winters of 0 to -25 and several feet of snow doesn't it :P

I'm more concerned about the Grimsby game being called off, given that the East of England is going to get the worst of the snow and ice.
According to the Met Office only one night this week the weather will be freezing in Hull. That day is Wednesday. However there will be snow but this should have melted by Saturday. It must be something to do with the fact that it is so close to the North Sea, which will for once help the weather conditions. :D

Theres a raw wind up here in Bucks, but no frost, and they say we'll kop a bit of bad weather, so it looks like you'll be ok. Is there an inspection scheduled at all?

City to win 2-0, Goodfella, and Leroy...

10,000 ish gate 600 ish in the East End..

C'mon you Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedsssssssssss

There shouldn't be too much of a problem, as someone said it is rare that it get's that cold down here. How many home games have we had called off in the last few years because of cold. I can remember 1, that was against QPR when the temp hit -8 the night before the game.

I gotta feeling it will be cold but that is all no snow and no ice until the journey home. At the moment it doesn't seem that cold and it can never be as cold as when we played Bournemouth at home in the A.W.S when it went ot extra time and penalties. I rememebr running up and down the stand trying ot keep warm.

It was snowing in Essex at 7.0am today with their local radio stating worse is coming.  Their fans can't be looking forward to the journey home!

as of 1330, its sunny and cold here, some clouds, but the ground hereabouts aint frozen, so it looks good, but dusk will be the clincher. no immediate sign of snow, or too much wind either.. I'm touching wood..

Stand up and be counted this game will put us on the promotion trail, unless the team bottle it, hopefully the East End will raise the roof to give the guys some support,will be listening on BCFC World hopefully, come on you Reeedssssss!!!

Archived