IGNORED

Ward Is Favourite !?

arpaul

So much for the restructuring of the coaching side.

An ex manager crying.gif (who admitted he needed help with the job last time) blink.gif could be re-appointed, and along with him will probably come his buddy, Terry Connor -an ex coach crying.gif

Could it be that he might even find a suitable role for another, not so recently departed failed manager disapointed2se.gif

This is the best opportunity we've got of sourcing a new coach, who hasn't been employed on the coaching staff at City before, to bring in fresh ideas and UNITE the changing room.

If Ward is the best of all the applicants, then so be it. But surely Lansdown owes it to himself and certainly to all City fans to look at all the avenues and possibilities. He can't afford to make another disastrous appointment like his last one.

Or, on the other hand is it just a job for the boys.

And because the EP says he's favourite, the board are going to appoint him are they?

You never know. I wouldn't have thought that Simon Parkinson made the story up, and being a journalist, he would have contacts within the club dunno.gif

All I know, is that after the last appointment anything is possible.

If Ward and Connors were to come in I would be more thna happy!

I remember when Ward was here there was such a positive feel arouund the club there was a vibrant atmosphere from the team, the fans there were smiles all around and that was not just because of results.

Under Ward we played some great football some of the best I have seen a the gate, He communicated well with fans and was genuinly a calm man about the place.

Since his departure this club has never been the same, Ward was given the boot just a few months into the new season, he asked for help and was advised this was possible however he was not allowed who he wanted and a foreigner was brought in. Ward in every sense of the word was done right over and things did not go to plan. Benny did not keep us up that season and we will never know if Ward would have now but I remember in his last game we beat Bolton and played some detemined football doing so I'm not sure we would of went down had he stayed.

Ward struggled as he had not had any experience of managing at that level but in the last 6 yers he has assisted in managing at that level and above that in the prem so he is altogether more experinced at that level as is connors. he has the added experience of premiership and championships set ups both day to day and training.

Ward is said to have unfinshed business in his eyes so we know he would come back at give it his all. Ward would also not be massively expensive. and know I do not see this as another cheap option!

People may say that Ward would struggle should he succeed and get us up! Id rather worry about that at the time than now! Would this happen this time with the added experience? ( If we did get there)

Ward was also good in the transfer market and brought in the likes of Barnard, murray, sean Taylor to name a few. He is used to working on a shoestring budget so he would think the one here is massive compared.

Bring in Wardie in my eyes asides from him I would be looking at Graham Tyalor, Gary Johnson and George Graham.

Now that Tinnion has gone Arpaul has to find something to complain about....even based on wild speculative reports in the EP.

It won't be long before Magilla and Simplyred are posting the same..

Robbored, I'm disappointed in you. I'm not complaing. It is simply an opinion that I'd thought I would raise.

They may be wild and speculative, but there must be some element of truth in the story or they would be allowed to print. would they?

My point simply was that surely with all thats gone on in the last 17 months, now is an ideal time to look for fresh blood, someone with fresh views who can come into this great club from outside and unite the players and fans, and firstly, save us from relegation, and then (hopefully this season) get us promoted.

Why do you see this as a complaint. ?

They may be wild and speculative, but there must be some element of truth in the story or they would be allowed to print. would they?

Come on! this the press your'e talking about.They print pretty much whatever they like.

My point simply was that surely with all thats gone on in the last 17 months, now is an ideal time to look for fresh blood, someone with fresh views who can come into this great club from outside and unite the players and fans, and firstly, save us from relegation, and then (hopefully this season) get us promoted.

Isn't that exactly what the Chairman and Chief Executive has said?That they'll assess the the applicants,draw up a short list and then after consideration make an appointmet.

Why do you see this as a complaint. ?

Comments like "So much for the restructuring of the coaching side." and " Or, on the other hand is it just a job for the boys."  are hardly constructive.

I've just seen the horrific E.P. headlines, regarding John Ward as favourite for the City job. disapointed2se.gifbanghead.gif

Nothing against the guy, as he's a lovely bloke, but we need exactly the opposite in charge.

We need someone who's going to ruffle feathers to get results, and make City a force to be reckoned with.

Instead of rolling over and dying, like last Saturday.

If Ward or a Lennie Lawrence is installed, I think it's about the end of the road for me, as it'd be another woeful step to oblivion.

Unfortunately Steve Lansdown, as far as football decisions are concerned, is the Anti Midas......evrything he touches turns to poo ! doh.gif

Keith Curles the hungriest out there. Get him quick, he's going all the way to the top, mark my words.

So much for the restructuring of the coaching side.

An ex manager  crying.gif (who admitted he needed help with the job last time) blink.gif  could be re-appointed, and along with him will probably come his buddy, Terry Connor -an ex coach crying.gif

Could it be that he might even find a suitable  role for another, not so recently departed failed manager disapointed2se.gif

This is the best opportunity we've got of sourcing a new coach,  who hasn't been employed on the coaching staff at City before, to bring in fresh ideas and UNITE the changing room.

If Ward is the best of all the applicants, then so be it. But surely Lansdown owes it to himself and certainly to all City fans to look at all the avenues and possibilities. He can't afford to make another disastrous appointment like his last one.

Or, on the other hand is it just a job for the boys.

How you've concluded all that from some speculative tabloid headline is a bit beyond me.

Who would you like to see appointed?

How you've concluded all that from some speculative tabloid headline is a bit beyond me.

Who would you like to see appointed?

Have read the Evening Post and to me, that is how it came across.It just seems that the I read it, it will be previous employees, who lets face it, have failed here before.

who would I like to see?

Anyone who can unite the club/fans. Something which Wilsons sacking and Tinnions Appointment failed to do. And with the club in turmoil after Tinnions short but catastrophic reign, now surely, is the time to appoint from outside the current regime.

A fresh face, new ideals.

Mark McGhee? Has taken Wolves, Reading, Millwall and alas Brighton to promotion from this league. Football may not be too pretty, but it's been crap for the last 17 months. Has of course applied in the past, although there is the loyalty question having walked out on Reading and Leicester. But, if he can take us up? Who cares!!

Also has City connections of course.

But seriously, I just want to see us up and running and out of this division.

Have read the Evening Post and to me, that is how it came across.It just seems that the I read it, it will be previous employees, who lets face it, have failed here before.

who would I like to see?

Anyone who can unite the club/fans. Something which Wilsons sacking and Tinnions Appointment failed to do. And with the club in turmoil after Tinnions short but catastrophic reign, now surely, is the time to appoint from outside the current regime.

Mark McGhee? Has taken Wolves, Reading, Millwall and alas Brighton to promotion from this league. Football may not be too pretty, but it's been crap for the last 17 months. Has of course applied in the past, although there is the loyalty question having walked out on Reading and Leicester. But, if he can take us up? Who cares!!

Bang the drum 4 Mark Magee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who would I like to see?

That's what we all want. I agree someone like Ward would come with baggage from his time here that might make some fans against him from the off - just as some were with Tinnion. Yes he failed but some never gave him a chance. And I could see similar factions appearing if Ward came back.

Of all the names mentioned I really can't decide. There hasn't been one that seems to have the groundswell of support on here that say Sturrock would probably have got.

I'm not reading too much into the Evening Post report. For all we know Parkinson's contact could be John Ward himself and he's asked Parkinson to put his name in the frame and at the front of everyone's minds.

Guest routabout

I know you are asking Robbored that question, but I would have to say that in my opinion, yes you are wrong. I don't know Robbored from Adam and I don't side with anybody, but I would have to say that I agree with what the bloke says, most of the time. I think that's because, at least to me, his posts seem well thought out and reasoned and he's happy to say what he sees, whether he likes the facts in front of him or not.

I'd say that you're wrong, possibly because you're nowhere near right.

Wrong Terrace! I couldn't care if McGhee doesn't get it. All I would like to see is a new face to unite everyone, and in my opinion that could only happen with an outsider coming in, who won't be swayed by internal influences. There are enough names on the forum already so we don't need another list, but some are so unrealistic.

But yes he could do a job for us!!

I hope Ward gets the job, I know people say never go back, but I feel his management style would suit the current side.

To me he seems as if he respects the players, gets on with them, aslong as they do their jobs, and they will do it for him.

If Ward is appointed then I would change my board about the current board at BCFC in a instance.

Archived