IGNORED

Lansdown In The Paper

heathma

Lansdowns words

Ideally you want someone who will fit in with everything we have built up over the past few years, because I firmly believe there is something good already in place here at Ashton Gate.

"People naturally react when things don't go well and look for scapegoats. But I feel we have worked towards something sustainable, although I recognise candidates for the job might want to bring people in with them as part of a package.

"And that means assessing on top of everything else whether you like the look of what comes along with the new man!"

DEFINATELY WARD

as I've said he won't take a risk - practically spells out Ward as only one who fits his wishlist

wonder if you can still get a bet on Ward

"Lansdowns words

Ideally you want someone who will fit in with everything we have built up over the past few years, because I firmly believe there is something good already in place here at Ashton Gate."

Don't know what he is on but if City bottle it and sell it in the R&W they will make a fortune

"Over the weekend we have focused on the four or five applicants that we felt we ought to approach to see if they would be interested in the position."

By these four or five being applicants, wouldn't this imply that they would be interested in the position? dunno.gif

Perhaps he meant 'to see if they would still be interested in the position once the details were explained to them'.

I'm sure we've all applied for jobs but turned them down when it's become clear what's on offer etc.

"Over the weekend we have focused on the four or five applicants that we felt we ought to approach to see if they would be interested in the position."

By these four or five being applicants, wouldn't this imply that they would be interested in the position? dunno.gif

It is an unusual play on words but my take is that those managers already in a job will "apply" via a third party for obvious reasons.

City then approach the concerned club for permission to speak the manager. - along the lines of "we'd like to offer your manager the AG job".

That way no rules are broken and the concerned club don't officially know that their man wants another job.

It is an unusual play on words but my take is that those managers already in a job will "apply" via a third party for obvious reasons.

City then approach the concerned club for permission to speak the manager. - along the lines of "we'd like to offer your manager the AG job".

That way no rules are broken and the concerned club don't officially know that their man wants another job.

So are we saying that some of the candidates are currently in employment ?

Ward ?

Johnson ?

Curle ?

dunno.gif

Archived