IGNORED

Jolly V Murray

potbelly

How on earth do you deduce such idea's from my statement regarding G'fellow kissing the club badge?

I made no reference to not wanting success at the club,nor any reference to strangers at the club - you simply assume that from one sentence.If anything is ludicrous, thats it!

If you can't see how calling new fans 'part-timers' and new signings 'immigrants' might be an attitude that is less than helpful to the progress of this club, I'm not going to point it out again for you.

Maybe I should expanded my objections a little more - Making a jesture like kissing the club badge should imho come from players who have the qualifications to do so.In simpler words, players to whom the club means more than just a handsome pay cheque.Players that I have already mentioned in an earlier post.

Ohhh, so the club does mean more to Tinnion than a handsome pay cheque? I see. Sorry, I was getting confused, because earlier, you said that "he stayed because he got no offers big enough to tempt him away", which suggests that he is only here for the pay cheque. Can you see how I've got confused?

Theres no way that he could have any true affection for our club after such a short time and I think what he did was disingenuine.I hope he doesn't do it again.

I'm going to make a confession now:

When I first started going to watch City at Ashton Gate as a lad, I celebrated goals with the same excitemenet as everyone around me. I now realise, thanks to Robbored, that I had no right to do that, and should have submitted my form, showing the number of games I'd attended, to my elders before throwing myself so whole-heartedly into wanting the club to win and be successful.

There, I wasn't going to say anything but you forced it out of me. I feel embarrassed about my behaviour now I look back, and realise I did wrong. I just hope you can find it in you to forgive me.

Guest SuttonRed
When in comes from a bloke who been at the club less than a month its a shallow act which smacks of insincerity.Goodfellow was simply trying to impress the more impressionable fans - which it seems he's succesfully done.

Theres no way that he could have any true affection for our club after such a short time and I think what he did was disingenuine.I hope he doesn't do it again.

WHY???

Moving to BCFC for him must have been attractive for one reason or another. So how are you qualified to say he has no true affection for our club, he told you that did he? Or do we have to serve a probation period as fans, players etc. No-one is suggesting that he is or isn't going to die for the cause, but why shouldn't he kiss the badge.

He is a professional footballer, and I'm certain he enjoys his job. He has just scored, AGAIN... for his new club and is in a highly charged, emotional situation. The vision of somebody kissing my clubs badge doesn't endear them to me, but it hardly incenses me!!

TO BE SCEPTICAL IS ONE THING, TO BE CYNICAL IS QUITE ANOTHER!!!!

To me the City badge is a symbol of our club, a club which is very close to my heart.

To see a newcomer with no affection for that club kiss the badge is to me ,frankly offensive.Its a ###### take,a mockery, a disgrace,an insult..G'fellow did not impress me with me with his empy gesture.

His goal impressed me - but not his "celebration".

That doesn't mean that I don't want him to well for City.If he continues to score and create goals then I'll be as happy as the next fan.But don't offend me with insincere gestures.

To me the City badge is a symbol of our club, a club which is very close to my heart.

To see a newcomer with no affection for that club kiss the badge is to me ,frankly offensive.Its a ###### take,a mockery, a disgrace,an insult..G'fellow did not impress me with me with his empy gesture.

That doesn't mean that I don't want him to well for City.If he continues to score and create goals then I'll be as happy as the next fan.But don't offend me with insincere gestures.

I see.

So, to recap, you love that badge and you will let people know when they're allowed to love it as much as you do.

When is the list of fellow badge lovers issued? I can't wait to see if I'm on it.

When MG's here after his contract's been renewed for the 3rd time, we're in the Prem because he's affected the goal difference (by being our top goal scorer for the 5th time) for our promotional season to the prem, he's changed his name to R Marc, he only drinks the juice of the apple and has Cidered/BCFC tattooed several times, would he be able to kiss the badge then?

Maybe he just felt that welome by "us" (I use that term loosely 'cos I'll admit to not having been to a game that has had MG in it 'cos I live 200 miles away from AG) because he has done well since starting with us, and is already proving popular with some sections of the fans and whether "we've" never missed a game or whether "we've" only been to 1 game it shouldn't matter as long as we wear the name with pride. Or perhaps "we" would rather that the Millenium or Wembley had only had 20 City seats filled.

Sorry on the back of that, before you all go well you can't be a City spporter if you don't get to AG that much, well for all those that do live outside of Bristol, and I can only speak for myself, but I do get to quite a lot of away games in the North / NW of the country (not just Cup finals @ Millenium), so I know that from the same faces that I see every match that alot of City supporters are in the same boat as me, they're at every game at Prenton, Hillsborough, the Racecourse, Gigg Lane etc etc. Just cos we're not season ticket holders doesn't mean we can't support the greatest team!

city players can't win :rolleyes:

not so long ago roberts got slated for his lack of celebrating

against cardiff, yes ok he is a cardiff lad but he got stick for

not celebrating as he is now a city player and should have

shown more passion for the team, and now we see goodfellow

show some passion and commitment to his new club by doing

what i see a nice gesture kissing the clubs badge after he scores

and he gets slated ????? some fans are just not satisfied :D

it is not just about our club it comes down to these lads love of

football and to play football is all they want to do and kissing a badge

is down to celebrating the game and the team they are with at the time.

now i love my football team and no matter how long you watch city or

play for city everyone has to come in new and start from somewhere

if i had my way i'd have citys 1976 team frozen in time and play every

week, but it just ain't possible and i see we need new every so often,

now this lad goodfellow has come in and scored in 4 out of 3 games

and has shown he is happy here and likes the supporters and it seems

for him if bristol city is love at first sight for him then

LET HIM KISS THE BADGE...

Gordan Bennett ! (as we used to say)..

He scored a goal. He kissed the badge. Hardly a hanging offense! I'm guessing, but assumed at the time it was a 'great to be here, I'm now committed to THIS club' type thing. I did not take it to be 'BCFC is now in my blood I'll stay here for ever' nor did it need to be.

He's got adrenaline pumping through his body, having just scored a goal. What does he do? Acknowledge to his new fans his club. Surely a plus.

Give the guy a break. Frankly, if he 'kisses the badge' another 20 times this season I will be delighted.

Then again, I am only guessing, because I do not know what he thought. Others obviously do..... :P

Archived