IGNORED

Jolly V Murray

potbelly

I thought Jolly looked as dangerous as scottie in his prime last night.

Someone for Tins to find at last and defenders doubling up on him. Took his goal really well and looks like a great find.

I also enjoyed the badge kissing as he ran towards the Williams to celebrate.

So far Goodfellow hasn't been so exciting to watch Murray in full flow,but then he's only played twice at Ashton Gate!.I also think that G'fellow has a bit more guile than Murray and can see more options when it come to passing.It remains to be seen how consistant he is.

But as for the kissing of the club badge - cheeky git! He's not a Bristolian,nor has he been at the club long enough to show such strength of feeling.When he's played alot more games for City,settled in the area and wants to stay (like Tinnion)then I could believe that he a genuine affection for our club.

Maybe a tactical switch? Or the fact Jolly may have tired a bit? Whatever the reason, I noticed as soon as Chris Roberts came to the touchline ready to come on Jolly camer unning over ready to come off so it must have been pre-determined at half time.

the only logical reason i can think of is that danny wonted to rest goodfellow

i heard people around me saying about danny doesnt know what he is doing taking tommy off well I'm positive that he tightened up just before half time he crashed to the floor and walked away in some discomfert and then just after the start of the second half he went in for a takle and hurt himself again it look to me that he was struggling but i have to give it to tommy he realy did work his ass off but well done danny good dit of sense

But as for the kissing of the club badge - cheeky git! He's not a Bristolian,nor has he been at the club long enough to show such strength of feeling.
So? He's obviously enjoying his football with city and know he's made the right choice coming here! I think its a good thing to see a player kissing the club badge!

So? He's obviously enjoying his football with city and know he's made the right choice coming here! I think its a good thing to see a player kissing the club badge!

It also shows pride and affection for the club and fans - the kissing of the club badge that is. I hope to see Goodfellow on a green open top Bristol bus come May holding the Championship trophy aloft with his new team mates.

I don't have a problem with DW making substitutions in a game like last nights.

It was cold and thats when you get muscle injuries, so the Doc was probably replaced for treatment reasons (he went straight to the changing rooms).

I thought Lita was very poor again, showing why he doesn't really deserve a start yet.

Goodfellow impresses me, he actually passes the ball!

anyhow, not vintage, but 3 points. thats what counts...

But as for the kissing of the club badge -

i guess he was kissing the badge to say thank you to bristol city for

saving him from stokes reserves and tony pulis... :)

but fair shout i don't mind either it's first game or his 500 if

he shows love for the city badge he is top man with me,

he got us 3 points last night the star :wub:

oh but just imagine for city murray on the right and goodfellow

on the left :D oh i can dream :o

So far Goodfellow hasn't been so exciting to watch Murray in full flow,but then he's only played twice at Ashton Gate!.I also think that G'fellow has a bit more guile than Murray and can see more options when it come to passing.It remains to be seen how consistant he is.

But as for the kissing of the club badge - cheeky git! He's not a Bristolian,nor has he been at the club long enough to show such strength of feeling.When he's played alot more games for City,settled in the area and wants to stay (like Tinnion)then I could believe that he a genuine affection for our club.

He comes from a team that have passion though... Maybe he got confused cos he was wearing red & white

Agree

Yeah, how dare he show passion for the club. He's only been here five minutes, so how can scoring winning goals for Bristol City mean anything to him yet? I'd much rather see him playing with a demeanour that suggests the club means nothing to him, at least until he gets the 'okay' from you.

I think he should trot quietly back to the halfway line without uttering a sound or breaking a smile, until he receives the necessary paperwork from true Bristolians, letting him know he's been accepted into our elite world of all things Bristol.

Anyway, Robbored, why should Tinnion be allowed to kiss the badge?

To quote you directly, regarding Tins:

"What ######es me off is all the adulation that he gets for staying at City for 10 years as if he did us all a favour. He stayed because he got no offers big enough to tempt him away."

This is a blatant untruth, by the way, but one you regularly trot out as though it's fact. However, if a disloyal player like Tinnion can kiss the badge, according to your rules, then why not Goodfellow?

One minute you say (incorrectly) that Tinnion is only here because he's had no better offers, the next you imply he wants to stay and has got a genuine affection for the club. Which is it?

Yeah, how dare he show passion for the club. He's only been here five minutes, so how can scoring winning goals for Bristol City mean anything to him yet? I'd much rather see him playing with a demeanour that suggests the club means nothing to him,
Just like Tony Thorpe?

Just like Tony Thorpe?
Well quite.

I think, when Goodfellow scores next time, we should all celebrate as normal until we see him kissing the badge. At that point, we should all stop cheering and jumping around, fold our arms, shake our heads and tut, and make him walk back to the halfway line in stoney silence. At least until he learns his lesson.

Perhaps you would prefer it if he ran up the pitch pulled off his shirt to reveal a Stoke shirt and kiss the badge on that then?

Are you ever happy :D

Yeah, how dare he show passion for the club. He's only been here five minutes, so how can scoring winning goals for Bristol City mean anything to him yet? I'd much rather see him playing with a demeanour that suggests the club means nothing to him, at least until he gets the 'okay' from you.

I think he should trot quietly back to the halfway line without uttering a sound or breaking a smile, until he receives the necessary paperwork from true Bristolians, letting him know he's been accepted into our elite world of all things Bristol.

"What ######es me off is all the adulation that he gets for staying at City for 10 years as if he did us all a favour. He stayed because he got no offers big enough to tempt him away."

This is a blatant untruth, by the way, but one you regularly trot out as though it's fact. However, if a disloyal player like Tinnion can kiss the badge, according to your rules, then why not Goodfellow?

One minute you say (incorrectly) that Tinnion is only here because he's had no better offers, the next you imply he wants to stay and has got a genuine affection for the club. Which is it?

fair shout top post :D:)

goodfellow could come from the moon for all i care

as long as he gives 100% when playing that is all that matters

he is a class act and will get better, any player that pulls on a city shirt

has the right to celebrate a goal no matter how long they have been here

i'm glad he is showing passion for the club..

The kids only been here a few weeks, three goals

in 4 games and they be pickin on him already!

We would have kissed him an his shirt if we ad got

hold of him last night! :Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.: Keep kissin that shirt

Marc, you have earned it young un! :)

Murray`s gone forget him! :D

I can't recall ever seeing Tinnion kiss the City badge.....but if he ever has he's earned the right to simply thro' his long service at the club.I would say the same about Carey or any other Bristolian player like Hill,Docherty or Coles but not some Potteries immigrant whose been at City less than a month.He probably didn't know where Bristol was before January....He hasn't earned the right to kiss our badge yet.

I bet that the first thing that Freezer does after each Saturday game is look for the Stoke result.....

Whether Tinnion deserves the fans adulation or not is for staying at BCFC is another arguement altogether - and one which we've had before.

I don't see the link as clearly as you do.

So at which stage can Goodfellow join your exclusive 'how many games do you go to' club?

What exactly is the criteria for:

1. A fan being a 'true' supporter?

2. A player being adopted by the fans and able to kiss the hallowed badge?

Like it or not, BCFC is not an exclusive club for you and your mates who you deem worthy of joining the elite. This really does reek of playground 'you can't join our club' conversations...

I can't recall ever seeing Tinnion kiss the City badge.....but if he ever has he's earned the right to simply thro' his long service at the club.I would say the same about Carey or any other Bristolian player like Hill,Docherty or Coles but not some Potteries immigrant whose been at City less than a month.He probably didn't know where Bristol was before January....He hasn't earned the right to kiss our badge yet.

I bet that the first thing that Freezer does after each Saturday game is look for the Stoke result.....

Whether Tinnion deserves the fans adulation or not is for staying at BCFC is another arguement altogether - and one which we've had before.

I don't see the link as clearly as you do.

What a ludicrous argument.

If this club is to move forwards, there will be new players appearing on the pitch and new supporters appearing in the stands over the coming years. If you are going to take this stance everytime a new face appears at the club, be it on the terraces or on the pitch, then you clearly do not want the club to be successful.

You happily label fellow fans as 'part-timers' and new players as 'immigrants'. If that is your attitude and you are happy for Bristol City to be some cosy little club where you can sit an pontificate over how it's never been as good since the 70s, then that is your prerogative, but I, along with a fair few others, want this club to be as big and successful as possible, and accept that part of achieving that will mean bringing in players, attracting new fans and welcoming both with open arms.

This 'we don't take kindly to strangers' attitude of yours is, frankly, ridiculous, and can only mean that you are happy for the club to stagnate, as it has been doing for too long.

Goodfellow wears the shirt and, so far, he has done the shirt proud. If he wants to kiss the badge when he scores, then what is the problem? More to the point, what is the official cut-off point, after which 'badge kissing' is acceptable?

The chairman recently released a statement, pointing out how he was not prepared to let Bristol City be some nice little parochial club. You, clearly, are quite happy for it to be exactly that and that is very sad.

What a ludicrous argument.

If this club is to move forwards, there will be new players appearing on the pitch and new supporters appearing in the stands over the coming years. If you are going to take this stance everytime a new face appears at the club, be it on the terraces or on the pitch, then you clearly do not want the club to be successful.

You happily label fellow fans as 'part-timers' and new players as 'immigrants'. If that is your attitude and you are happy for Bristol City to be some cosy little club where you can sit an pontificate over how it's never been as good since the 70s, then that is your prerogative, but I, along with a fair few others, want this club to be as big and successful as possible, and accept that part of achieving that will mean bringing in players, attracting new fans and welcoming both with open arms.

This 'we don't take kindly to strangers' attitude of yours is, frankly, ridiculous, and can only mean that you are happy for the club to stagnate, as it has been doing for too long.

Goodfellow wears the shirt and, so far, he has done the shirt proud. If he wants to kiss the badge when he scores, then what is the problem? More to the point, what is the official cut-off point, after which 'badge kissing' is acceptable?

The chairman recently released a statement, pointing out how he was not prepared to let Bristol City be some nice little parochial club. You, clearly, are quite happy for it to be exactly that and that is very sad.

Good Grief!!

How on earth do you deduce such idea's from my statement regarding G'fellow kissing the club badge?

I made no reference to not wanting success at the club,nor any reference to strangers at the club - you simply assume that from one sentence.If anything is ludicrous, thats it!

Maybe I should expanded my objections a little more - Making a jesture like kissing the club badge should imho come from players who have the qualifications to do so.In simpler words, players to whom the club means more than just a handsome pay cheque.Players that I have already mentioned in an earlier post.

When in comes from a bloke who been at the club less than a month its a shallow act which smacks of insincerity.Goodfellow was simply trying to impress the more impressionable fans - which it seems he's succesfully done.

Theres no way that he could have any true affection for our club after such a short time and I think what he did was disingenuine.I hope he doesn't do it again.

Archived