IGNORED

Tinnion Linked With Terriers

greenun

Today's EP back page, 'In brief' column.

Former Bristol City boss brian Tinnion is thought to be gearing up for a playing return, possibly with League One high-fliers Huddersfield.

The second placed Terriers are rumoured to have expressed an interest in signing the 37 year-old, on a short-term deal with a view to bolstering their promotion challenge.

Tinnion has been lying low ever since his resignation on the back of City's 7-1 thrashing by Swansea but hasn't ruled out a playing comeback.

The Geordie stepped down from playing duties late last season to concentrate on management but an Ashton gate source said: "Brian is a naturally fit person and there's no doubting he could do a job for someone at this level, providing he wants to."

As Brian is 'unattached', having not registered as a player this season, wouldn't it be a good idea for City to offer him a short-term deal?

Let's face it, we could do with authority in midfield right now, as there's no guarantee when Alex Russell will appear, aside from the fact that the ex-Torquay man will have to play himself into form.

It's high unlikely that Tins would want to stick around Ashton gate anyway, but their are precedents regarding ex-players who've stayed at their clubs after failing at management. Andy Hessenthaler, at Gillingham is a good example.

Would we want to see Tins succeed at a rival League 1 side, instead of City?

Former Bristol City boss brian Tinnion is thought to be gearing up for a playing return, possibluy with Legue One high-fliers Huddersfield.

The second placed Terriers are rumoured to have expressed an interest in signing the 37 year-old, on a short-term dealk with a view to bolstering their promotion challenge.

Tinnion has been lying low ever since his resignation on the back of City's 7-1 thrashing by Swansea but hasn't ruled out a playing comeback.

The Geordie stepped down from playing duties late last season to concentrate onb management but an Ashton gate source said: "Brian is a naturally fit personand there's no doubting he could do a job for someone at this level, providing he wants to."

As Brian is 'unattached', having not registered as a player this season, wouldn't be an idea for City to offer him a short-term deal?

Let's face it, we could do with authority in midfield right now, as there's no guarantee when Alex Russell will appear, aside from the fact that the ex-Torquay man will have to play himself into form.

It's high unlikely that Tins would want to stick around Ashton gate anyway, but their are precedents, regarding ex-players who've failed at management. Andy Hessenthaler, at Gillingham for example.

blink.gif

I don't think Tins would want to come back to us to play. It's possibly best for all concerned if he doesnt get involved in any aspect of this club at least for the time being. If he thinks he can cut it again as a player in this league again then fair play to the guy but i don't think the next manager to be bought in whoever he may be will want the "ex" stepping on his toes...

I would love to see him play again, just until the end of the season. Finish on a high by getting us promoted, a fitting way to end his playing career. He has always been very fit and seems to have looked after himself (Current players take note, you may regret not taking the lessons he was trying to teach you one day).

He wasn't playing that well last season, but I think it was down to trying to be a player/manager. If he could come back and play again obviously he would able to concentrate on just the playing. I have no doubt that he would give his all.

I know this is all a dream and is unlikely. I would like to see Moyse appointed, Tinnion playing and then get a job within the club with the youngsters and of course us promoted.

Is it too early to write to Santa?! biggrin.gif

There are several precedents for players who have dipped their toe in the waters of management and returned to playing when they've found those waters a bit too choppy. Dennis Wise, Stuart Pearce, Andy Hessenthaler, Steve Claridge all spring to mind.

Whether Tins would want to play for City again is an interesting question, but any decision would understandably have to rest with the new manager.

I'd imagine his position amongst the other players would make it impossible for him to return to playing at City.

I know what you mean, but on the other hand he would again be an equal, although I would imagine command some respect for being a senior/veteran member of the squad.

I think that the other players need him more than they realise to enhance their game, make them look good?

I know what you mean, but on the other hand he would again be an equal, although I would imagine command some respect for being a senior/veteran member of the squad.

I think that the other players  need him more than they realise to enhance their game, make them look good?

I would also add that many of the players in the squad have not played with him before. city.gif

Guest citycityman

why in the hell would tinns want to come back to us, over 500 games for us played, a legend for scoring against liverpool, a battler on the field, a manaer who gave it his all but he shouldnt have been appointed as boss, we have most backstabbing fans.. unsupporting supporters and idiots who abuse him and his family...

Tinns go and get a fresh start mate you deserve something..

why in the hell would tinns want to come back to us, over 500 games for us played, a legend for scoring against liverpool, a battler on the field, a manaer who gave it his all but he shouldnt have been appointed as boss, we have most backstabbing fans.. unsupporting supporters and idiots who abuse him and his family...

Tinns go and get a fresh start mate you deserve something..

I'll agree to that 100%. Some of the fans are sooooooo 2 faced it's un true.

Tin's buddy if you get the chance take it mate. If not then stick around and we will look after you. Hopfully one day these fans who 'trashed your name on the forum and in public' will forget and forgive (What they got to forgive you for i'll never know but that the way they opperate frade to say) and remember what a true legend you realy are to this club.

To some players he would be respected for all he has done for the club, but some will only know him as the manager that nobody wanted to play for. There must have been a reason why they didnt want to play for him and feel the need to perform to their best, so therefore why would these players want to play WITH him?

I think Tins would be able to give stewart and bridges some decent service from midfield though, and if we could find someone else with his sort of ability when he was at his best then it would be great.

I cant see him returning to playing at City to be honest.

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

That makes sense seeing as Tins was a team-mate of Huddersfield manager Peter Jackson at both Newcastle and Bradford, and it was Huddersfield assistant manager Terry Yorath who took both Jackson and Tinnion to Bradford.

Would he want to play amoung the players that would not play for him????

Is there any evidence the current players WOULD NOT play for him? I thought those had been shipped out. This season, Tins had some bad luck with injuries to key players (Russell, Heywood, Brooker), and unavailibility due to internationals (Partridge, Cotterill, Wilkshire), compounded admittedly by poor decision making with what he had left and lack of desire by certain players (Fortune, SmithJ) that would apply to any manager and those players hopefully wont be playing any more anyway.

So, I don't see anything to stop Tins playing for City again. Fresh from the burdens of managership, he is still fit enough and good enough to do a job as a squad member at least. He is still on the payroll, I would imagine that his agreement to step down as manager was on the basis that he would be retained, if he wanted to be, in some capacity - we may as well pay him as a player.

After all the sour taste of the past 12 months, it would be great for Tins to come back and end his days on the pitch on a positive note.

Is there any evidence the current players WOULD NOT play for him? I thought those had been shipped out. This season, Tins had some bad luck with injuries to key players (Russell, Heywood, Brooker), and unavailibility due to internationals (Partridge, Cotterill, Wilkshire), compounded admittedly by poor decision making with what he had left and lack of desire by certain players (Fortune, SmithJ) that would apply to any manager and those players hopefully wont be playing any more anyway.

So, I don't see anything to stop Tins playing for City again. Fresh from the burdens of managership, he is still fit enough and good enough to do a job as a squad member at least. He is still on the payroll, I would imagine that his agreement to step down as manager was on the basis that he would be retained, if he wanted to be, in some capacity - we may as well pay him as a player.

After all the sour taste of the past 12 months, it would be great for Tins to come back and end his days on the pitch on a positive note.

I agree but he was still stabed in the back by certain players I hope he do come back and play 4 the city because we need someone like him in midfield that can do the job

Former Bristol City boss brian Tinnion is thought to be gearing up for a playing return, possibly with League One high-fliers Huddersfield.

The second placed Terriers are rumoured to have expressed an interest in signing the 37 year-old, on a short-term deal with a view to bolstering their promotion challenge.

The Geordie stepped down from playing duties late last season to concentrate on management but an Ashton gate source said: "Brian is a naturally fit person and there's no doubting he could do a job for someone at this level, providing he wants to."

As Brian is 'unattached', having not registered as a player this season, wouldn't it be a good idea for City to offer him a short-term deal?

It's high unlikely that Tins would want to stick around Ashton gate anyway, but their are precedents regarding ex-players who've stayed at their clubs after failing at management. Andy Hessenthaler, at Gillingham is a good example.

You are a bit of a dork really mate

like he would come back as a player, ha ha ha

Guest MaloneFM

an Ashton gate source said: "We usually release all our information to Red Robin such as manager and new signings so you will have to believe whatever he puts.

If he says Jesus Christ is going to be our new manger or Brian Tinnion is going to sign to Real Madrid then I'm afraid its just the truth and thats all there is to it"

Well fancy that! ohmy.gif

Guest sodburyred

I think, if tinman had the chance to play for us then he would jump at it

he has devoted the past thirteen years a player and would love to finish here, just a shame i didn't work out the way he wanted it to.

plus i think we need someone of his type of playing ability in the middle of the park to get our season going.

Guest routabout

Good luck to him, I say. From here onwards, he needs to do what's best for him and I wish him all the best in whatever he goes on to do.

I'd have liked Tinns to run our academy, but that's about it.

As for playing for us again, probably not. For a start he hasn't been training, as a player, for a while now and he's not getting any younger. Also the boo-boy idiots would be on his back from the off. He didn't deserve the abuse he got and especially after standing down, he doesn't deserve any more abuse.

Guest sodburyred

As for playing for us again, probably not. For a start he hasn't been training, as a player, for a while now and he's not getting any younger. Also the boo-boy idiots would be on his back from the off. He didn't deserve the abuse he got and especially after standing down, he doesn't deserve any more abuse.

This is the sort of sentimental hogwash that has put us into this situation in the first place. Tinnion's playing days are well behind him - even his appearances at the start of last season (when he was playing for himself) were poor. I would have shipped him out at least 3 to 4 seasons ago.

What is it with this club? Do we owe him a living?

The new broom needs to sweep clean - and how!

Archived