IGNORED

Bbc Just Confirmed

England

Guest Longford Red
I thought Tinman walked not got the sack?

I don't think that he had much choice, jump or be pushed, looks a little better on his CV!

As for Laycock, i'm sure he's rich enough to have a mobile phone, or i suspect he didn't activate international roaming doh.gif

Guest routabout
Strange that Laycock was not CONTACTABLE but Danny Wilson was

CONTACTABLE in Southern Spain

Crikey Wilson must clock up some air miles, if he's been commuting from southern Spain to Milton Keynes a few times each week, over the last fortnight or so.

If Laycock made himself uncontactable during the last fortnight, then it's pretty obvious that he was just trying to buy Tinns more time and now that it's backfired on him, he's spat his dummy.

Tinnion and Lansdown met on the Sunday after the Swansea debacle and after several hours of soul searching it was decided between them that Tinnion had no option but to step down as his position had become untenable.

Tinnion was Lansdowns appointment and he didn't want BT to quit but they could both see what virtually all the fans the could see, that it was clearly unavoidable.

If Laycock has taken umbrage about not being consulted and that he wanted to keep Tinnion on then maybe its a good thing that he's resigned.

Crikey Wilson must clock up some air miles, if he's been commuting from southern Spain to Milton Keynes a few times each week, over the last fortnight or so.

If Laycock made himself uncontactable during the last fortnight, then it's pretty obvious that he was just trying to buy Tinns more time and now that it's backfired on him, he's spat his dummy.

Better than driving from Chesterfield to Bristol and back several times a week - allegedly

Guest redphilc
Tinnion and Lansdown met on the Sunday after the Swansea debacle and after several hours of soul searching it was decided between them that Tinnion had no option but to step down as his position had become untenable.

Tinnion was Lansdowns appointment and he didn't want BT to quit but they could both see what virtually all the fans the could see, that it was clearly unavoidable.

If Laycock has taken umbrage about not being consulted and that he wanted to keep Tinnion on then maybe its a good thing that he's resigned.

I know the evening after the Swansea game Lansdown rang the chairmen of Bournemouth asking about O'Driscols availability. The answer was that he was unavailable. That was from a Bournemouth Directors mouth whom shall remain nameless so don't bother asking.

The chat was basically, "Brian, walk away with some dignity or I will have to sack you."

Basically Tinnions exit was by "mutual consent"

In others "Tinnion, either you resign, or were giving you the boot, your choice"

Wrong - it was not like that.

It was to do with the culmination of the poor start to the season followed by the Swansea humiliation that both the chairman and Tinnion realised that there was only one option - just as we all did.

There was no "gun to head" at all.

Yea - including me. I said as much on GWR radio on the Sunday after the Swansea game before Tinnion stood down.

But do you admit it took until the Swansea game that the end was nigh, before then you were quite happy to express your thoughts about so called boo boys... dunno.gif

no offence intended, but I have been on the receiving end of support Tinnion Brigade...... innocent.gif

Archived