IGNORED

Gary Johnson

Guest honeymonster

Out of interest, any names been banded about for the Yeovil job? you don't fancy a fellow Geordie recently out of a job do you? :whistle:

Er...no. :D

And as for the person suggestin Fruitcake for Yeovil... :@

I would like to think Steve Thompson (Gary's assistant at Yeovil) would be offered it assuming he doesn't follow Gary to City.

Er...no. :D

And as for the person suggestin Fruitcake for Yeovil... :@

I would like to think Steve Thompson (Gary's assistant at Yeovil) would be offered it assuming he doesn't follow Gary to City.

:@ god I hate it when they merge topics :@ if they merge every topic with GJ mentioned in it we will have one long thread :@

Anyway back to our discussion, I wouldn't want to dampen you spirits even further but I'm pretty sure he'll bring in his own man as Millen hasn't got a clue!

Hi all. Yeovil fan here.

Looks like Gary is going to you guys. He is an absolute legend at Yeovil and will always have hero status. I quite like you lot so am pleased he has chosed Bristol City, after all, he was always going to leave us eventually.

Please give him time as he wont turn things around immendiately. It took quite a while to get things right with us but when he got it right he became the most successful manager in our history. Two league wins in three years not to mention the F.A. Trophy. Please remember that these are not his players he is inheriting so if results don't pick up immediately please keep faith with him. He WILL get you into the Championship where you belong.

All the best City.

Many thanks mate. All the same to you aswell. If i have my way mate we will not turn on GJ. Yes he will be given time to turn things around.

I feel sorry for you guys and hope both teams can help each other up this season (I realy realy mean that aswell).

Well that Radio bristol didn't sound anymore definite than the speculation on here. :dunno:

Phrases like it "seems likely" and "could be" and GT's "my understanding is" are hardly firm evidence. At least the YTFC site seems to confirm that there are talks, but I would be surprised if Millen isn't in charge tomorrow.

Ooooh I like that quick edit option Tom.

Thats pretty comprehensive.Looks like Johnson could be the man.

My only concern is that these compensation negociations can sometimes be a major stumbling block and the deal sometime falls through because an agreement can't be reached.

I'll be a lot happier when we know its all signed at sealed.

Thats pretty comprehensive.Looks like Johnson could be the man.

My only concern is that these compensation negociations can sometimes be a major stumbling block and the deal sometime falls through because an agreement can't be reached.

I'll be a lot happier when we know its all signed at sealed.

Yes lets just pray that our "excellent offer" is to yeovils liking :pray:

So under the assupmtion that we have got our man. Who will be his number 2? Will there be room for Millen or even Tinnion in his setup?

Thoughts?

As much as I would like the new broom to sweep very clean, I think it might come down to financial constraints. I hope I am wrong because I believe that having Tinnion and/or Millen and/or Fawthrop behind the scenes will allow the cancer in the club to fester for longer.

The new man (nothing confirmed yet remember) may be forced to work with what he has, at least in the short-term

Archived